St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer
Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Safflower Seed OiI, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Coumarin, Geraniol

You people seriously amaze me.

The most complaints I read are about it being in a tub therefore, not very hygienic. First and foremost, you should be washing your hands before you EVER touch your face. Second, with the price being this cheap and effective as a product...with all the money you save...purchase a lotion dispenser or use an old disposable soap one...go get a clean spoon or something similar and scoop it into the dispenser...gesh, lazyness.

Also...learn about mineral oil from real studies before you decide to credit it as skin evil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this tub of goodness. Used it for years, actually. No bad smell, easy to apply the right amount, and effective. And that price...whooosh! Yes please.

Someone below mentioned how bad mineral oil is, and advised us to research. Well, I did that (actually that's my background - clinical research). And what I found was that the reality is quite different from the myths. Yes, do your own research - but do it properly. Look for studies, for journal reports. Not websites who really don't know of what they speak.

Mineral oil gets a very bad rap...for no real reason at all.

After spending most of the last 12 months in a hospital room either waiting for or recovering from open-heart surgery, my 29 year-old skin was looking more like an overlay of an acne-suffering teenager and a dry-skinned, wrinkled elderly lady. My face was both oily and extremely dry. It was red and blotchy, but also dull and grey. My skin was a walking contradiction. I am a copper-haired, porcelain-skinned, freckle-covered ginger who had previously had only minor problems with my skin (other than the extreme sensitivity to basically anything that tends to come along with being a red-head!) so when I finally was reintroduced to the world outside of the hospital I was ashamed of my skin's appearance, but I had no idea how to go about getting it back to normal! I escaped my teen years and most of my twenties with hardly a blemish at all: Very few pimples, no red spots, or dry patches. I had always used Dove bar soap to wash my face morning and night, and that was it. But now I was faced with three problems. First, I had to vanquish the mild-moderate acne that had appeared on my chin, cheeks, and forehead. Second, I had to get rid of the flaky, scaly dry patches that appeared right along-side the acne. And third, I needed to get rid of the redness and inflammation, and also bring colour back to the dull, grey areas where my skin had become almost lifeless in appearance. I didn't even know where to begin! Then, one morning, my wonderful, amazing, beautiful Mother showed up at my home with a care package. Alongside my favorite cookies, and munchies, fuzzy slippers, and fleece pyjamas, it also contained my favourite body lotion that I had used for years, my ever-trusted Dove bar soap, and a 150ml tube of St Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer (I live in Canada, and it is available in tubes here, not just the jars). I recognized the product from the counter in my Mother's bathroom growing up, so I picked it up and said to her that she must have forgotten to take her lotion out of the bag. She giggled and said she was passing on her beauty secret to me, finally. My Mother has always had lovely skin, so I was intrigued. She advised me to keep washing my face as I normally do, but that immediately afterwards I needed to apply a thick layer of this lotion to my face and neck and allow it to absorb. I thanked her and that evening after my shower I applied the lotion for the first time. It immediately made my skin feel, for lack of a better word, "comforted". My skin soaked it up like a sponge, so I applied another layer on top, and again my skin just sucked it right in. The next morning when I went to the sink to wash my face I looked in the mirror and I could not believe the image staring back at me! I looked alive again, and not just alive, but my youthfulness (as much as one can have at almost 30) was returning to my face! There was no longer a grey colour to my skin, but it was also no longer red and inflamed in areas where it had been just the night before. There was volume to my skin again. There previously scaly, flaking patches of extremely dry skin had, of course, not disappeared, but they were visibly more supple, and much less scaly in appearance. Now, as amazing as all of this was to me, the most amazing thing was the difference in my acne. While it had most definitely not magically vanished over night, it was much less prominent, less inflamed, smaller in size, and for the first time in months there was not a single new blemish to be found. I have now been using this lotion for just over a week and I am quite literally astonished at the difference that this product has made. Every single day my face looks and feels better and better. I now have NO acne at all. Every one of my dry patches have disappeared, and there is a wonderful colour in my skin again, dare I even say a slight glow. Ad far as I am concerned this product is my HG. Period. I will continue to use this product for the rest of my life, just like my Mother. I recommend it to anybody! PROS: Easily absorbed Not greasy Non-irritating Non-comedogenic Delicate scent that does not irritate my extremely sensitive skin The price is just amazing (In Canada) It comes in a hygienic squeeze-tube Has anti-aging properties without being too heavy Contains mineral oil, which allows me to use it as an eye makeup remover CONS: Contains fragrance that may irritate some peoples skin, or nose In most places it is only available in a jar It is on the lighter side, so some may only choose it as a day cream Contains mineral-oil which some people may not find appealing Overall, this product is just plain and simply AMAZING. The fact that it did not irritate or aggravate my skin even in the least bit would make me confident in recommending this to just about anyone! I will most certainly repurchase this over, and over again!

I love this product. I very rarely give anything five stars, because I can always find *something* to nitpick about! But this product is a GEM.

I have skin that tends to get oily, but I still needed a decent moisturizer. Something I could use daily underneath my makeup. This product does the trick! It's lightweight, sinks in like a dream, and doesn't leave your face all greasy. It's perfect for me, it's cheap, and the tub will last forever. What more could you want?

I also find the unsanitary claims ridiculous. If you don't want to stick your finger in there, use a clean q-tip. Problem solved, that's what I do with my foundation as well. Don't pass up amazing products just because they don't come with a pump!

I used up a sample of MUFE Hope in a Jar and liked it well enough, but I'm telling you...this product does the same exact thing. Definetely HG status for me.

I'm a 41 year old and have been using this product for 2 years, and LOVE it! I used to use Philosophy Hope in a Jar as a moisturizer, but due to being on a tight budget, couldn't afford the Hope in a Jar anymore. I bought a jar of Timeless Skin at Walmart, because I could not be without a moisturizer, and this turned out the be my favorite facial moisturizer. It really does help my fine lines and wrinkles! I use it every night (daytime I do not use it, as I use a sunblock and liquid foundation). I highly recommend!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

10oz for six bucks! I just can't believe what a steal this is. As many of you know, Dr. Oz said this moisturizer is the best out there. I'm not a follower of him so I never paid much attention until I researched this product online. First of all, I'm someone with oily adult acne prone skin. I avoided all "anti-aging" products due to the idea that most will be too clogging and heavy for my skin type. With 40 around the corner, I was still using oil-free teen crap to help combat my skin. As time went on, my skin became oily and dehydrated because ingredients in these products were drying out my skin causing it to overproduce oil and acne. What worked in the past now is ruining my skin. The week before Xmas, I had 15 active zits =O. Today, I only have three. My foundations look amazing over this moisturizer. It is heavy but not greasy. you need to wait a few minutes for it to fully penetrate into the skin. It doesn't make my skin appear oily. I use a generous amount morning and night. It doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts. It does have a scent but it is light and clean. The main key ingredients are hydrolyzed collagen, hydrolyzed elastin & safflower oil. The only downside is that the only store near me that sells this is Walmart and I hate that store!

This is an amazing product! I have acne prone skin and dry patches with a sometimes oily T-zone and I've been searching for the perfect moisturizer for forever. I don't understand why people complain about the mineral oil ingredient, if you actually research scientifically reputable sites and not just beauty blogs, you'll find that it's noncomedogenic and completely safe for cosmetic use. I honestly prefer the jar packaging over pumps because as long as my hands are clean, I don't have to worry about nasty built up residue within the pump that accumulates and you also get to use all of the product. I've tried Origins, First Aid Beauty, Estée Lauder, Chanel, cetaphil, various other brands at Sephora, and this has left my skin more youthful, invigorated and moisturized without a greasy feeling. It works perfectly with my makeup and is only $6! Run!

on 6/18/2015 10:55:00 AM

when i was short on cash i tried this. i actually like it and am on my 3rd tub. feels cool on the skin, smells nice, moisturizes good for me. i prefer the tub to pumps or squeeze bottles. i can get every last drop and I'm not concerned about contamination. companies have been making tubs like this for 100 yrs.

on 7/20/2014 2:20:00 PM

This stuff is freaking AMAZING. I couldn't use it as a full face moisturizer (prob the mineral oil), but it works wonders as an eye/neck/body cream. Even though it didn't work on my face (didn't really have high expectations for this due to my stubborn facial skin) I still rate this 5 stars because of how beautiful and soft this makes me feel every where else. I'm a religious moisturizer after I shower at night and then lightly when I wake up, I can honestly say I've tried probably literally every drugstore lotion known to man and this is the absolute best. It's cheap enough, around $5 depending where you get it, that I continue buying this for my body. It is SO worth a try. My mom is allergic to nearly everything and she said even though it gave her a rash, her skin still felt awesome! lol. I was previously using PONDS Crema S for an eye and neck cream, because that's the only places it would work on me, and the St. Ives blew this out of the water by a long shot. go to the store now and get a tub!
One more thing, the packaging probably could be more sanitary but if you just take a min to wash your hands it's no big thing. I don't really see anyone saying "Omg I dipped my fingers in the tub and I got severe acne" lol

UPDATE: I CAN use this as a full facial moisturizer after I use the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (which is pretty popular) I honestly think the mask shrinks my pores up enough to where the St Ives doesn't just pool up in my pores. That's the only way it's worked for me on the entire face. ps I highly recommend the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque and to also use it as a spot treatment. It pulls out impurities, and if you have ever gotten a HUGE UGLY red deep skin bump, which we all have, this is amazing at making them come to a head. If you find the mask suits you, you're probably safe to spot treat those over night. I just did it last night for the deepest ugliest cyst and it brought it to a head. I did it again this morning and by noon I was able to get the stuff out. sounds gross but I have never come across something that did this, I had to share!

on 7/17/2013 11:20:00 AM

This stuff is a facking miracle.
I don't know WHY or HOW this stuff clears my skin up pretty much instantly, but it does.
I bought this about 4 months ago and started using it when I was going through a pretty rough patch with my skin, in about 3-4 days everything had calmed down and my skin was looking perfectly normal and balanced. No redness, no breakouts, no dry patches, nothing. I stopped using it, like an idiot, because I got bored and was looking for a change.
Until a few days ago when I got a TERRIBLE breakout alllll over my face from a combination of bad skincare, stress, heavy drinking, traveling, and no sleep. It was a nightmare.
I decided to switch back to this moisturizer and have used it a grand total of 2 times since I've been home and my face already looks about 90% better.
I really really have no idea what's in this that my face likes so much, but if I ever try to stray from it again someone needs to slap me and tell me to stop being such a fool.