St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer
Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Safflower Seed OiI, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Coumarin, Geraniol

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Cheap, giant tub of basic moisturizer. Good to have around for a quick fix but for my dry skin I find that I need much more moisture. After a shower while my skin is moist I slather this on my face & neck. It sinks in quickly, scent is pleasant and clean BUT after a few minutes my face feels tight again. So I find myself reaching for Olay Regenerist Serum instead. I can see someone with normal/combo skin getting better use out of this kind of moisturizer. The tub also states "visibly reduces fine lines & wrinkles". Although that sounds like a dream for such a cheap moisturizer I find it hard to believe it will really do it. But I dont think I will give it a chance to prove itself because it simply doesnt give my skin the moisture it needs in the first place. I *might* get this again but for use on my neck and decolette area instead.

on 2/27/2011 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

i absolutely love this product this is the best product i have ever tried! ladies i noticed how important it is to get products that go together for your skin, so here is my method i don't put soap on my face anymore cleaning the face properly then using this product is a plus plus plus. i wash my face with neutrogena clear pore oil eliminating astringent then i rub lemon juice on i leave it until it dries then maybe 5mins more don't over do it with the lemon juice or your skin may become 2 dry. i pat my face dry then i use my dream cream moisturizer St.Ives timeless skin oh how soft my skin is and i notice my wrinkles disappearing right before my eyes, not that i had much but i don't want to see anything my skin went from looking dry and dull to looking radiant in a matter of a week I'm so impressed with this product its creamy and very light i even feel my skin tightening i would truly recommend this product to every1 but like i said every1 has to know what works for them and finally i found something that works for me!

on 4/26/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

well, i really am torn on this product. on some days, it works REALLY well for my skin and gives me an unbelievable glow, and i really do see my very tiny wrinkles disappear, it also makes my face baby soft and smooth. but on other days, when my face is sorta irritated, it makes my face burn and sting and it doesn't moisturize very well. the fragrance smells like trees and leaves, but it irritates my skin sometimes. this would be a great moisturizer for someone with nonsensitive, combination/oily skin.

on 5/18/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Indeed, this is a decent moisturizer, but doesn't work very well on dry skin. I have combination skin, but my dry areas are very... dry (yay for synonyms!), so this is not enough for me. I usually use it in the morning because it's definitely not thick enough as a night cream. The scent is fine and it sinks in relatively quickly into my skin, but I find that the texture becomes sticky (as in more viscous) after massaging for several seconds. This sticky feeling goes away after a few minutes, though, but I was a little surprised when I first used it. Not sure about the "timeless/ageless" properties of this product, but as a basic moisturizer, I suppose it would work best for people with oilier skin. I won't repurchase when I'll be done with it, which will take a while because the tube is huge.

on 6/21/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I actually really like this moisturizer. I've been using the Olay Complete night cream day and night for years, and that was fine, but I wanted something new to use during the day. Well, I can't remember the last time I used my Olay cream because I like this one so much. It comes in a huge tube (you get a lot of product) and I like that better than the jar. It smells like grass, and it sinks in very quickly. My skin is softer since I've started using it and my makeup goes on well after applying this. I haven't broken out or anything so I'd say this is a keeper. I will be repurchasing this and I will never spend as much as I have been on moisturizer again !

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I LOVE this stuff! The price is fabulous, most often I get it for under 5 bucks when its on sale and it last for a very long time. I have been using it now for about 6 months and I use it everywhere, my face, { I use a different cream for my eyes} on my chest, my bum, and my legs at times. It is light, non greasy and it works! I use the matching cleanser as well and I have seen my skin change from slightly dull, to more radiant and clear skin. It does what it says, firming up, not taking away wrinkles or cellulite or stretch marks from nursing, BUT it does FIRM up any area you put it on as long as you use it on a regular basis. I use it daily. LOVE LOVE IT!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my HG products! This moisturizer is absolutely perfect for summer months.

Not only is it light-weight, St. Ives prides itself on being a mostly natural brand. I love that.

You get a HUGE tub of this product for under $5 at Walmart or any other drugstore. The consistency is very light when compared to the more heavier creams such as Ponds. The application is TO DIE FOR! The product feels extremely cool against my skin and I feel as though it soothes my face. I have extremely sensitive skin and this is one of the only moisturizers that work for me.

Packing could be better as I feel that tubs are really unsanitary.

Try it, you'll love it.

***EDIT***

Here it is, almost a year later, and I am still using this product. I tried to stray a couple of months ago when I could not find a tub of this in Walmart, I purchased a L'Oreal brand that looked like it was the same consistency... BAD DECISION! It made my eyes burn and made my face breakout.. I am now *thankfully* back with my St. Ives Moisturizer.. It is seriously a life saver.

***EDIT 10/23/2012 ****
Sadly, I am no longer using this. St. Ives is no longer cruelty free, and the Propylene Glycol in the ingredients list is enough to make me shudder. Run away form this!!!!!!!!

I wanted to like this cause I'm a huge fan of St. Ives but this unfortunately made my face break out a bit. I do use it as an under eye cream and my chest to try and use it up. I noticed it did make my face look particularly good the next morning after use so hopefully I'll get those results on the rest of myself aha, just not my fache.

on 11/12/2011 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is My STAPLE nightly moisturizer.

I use this moisturizer RIGHT AFTER I have washed and pat dry my face. It hold it all the moisture and sink right into my skin. I then do a second coat on my dry areas and massage into my whole face.

I use this in the daytime as well if I am not wearing any foundation (I get oily quick with it under a foundation plus my foundation is oil-free water-based).

PROS:
-The Price is RIGHT! You get a huge container for such a low low price.
-Nice consistency/texture.
-Doesn't sit on you face, sinks right in and leaves you skin looking and feeling healthy.

CONS:
um.... I cant find any. Can't be worn under my foundation.

OTHER:
Smells like sweet sop, which you could hate or LOVE like I do :)

I LOVE this moisturizer! Everywhere aside from my T-zone gets dry very easily and during the winter months, I get tons of flaky, dry patches. I've been using this for about a year now and love it. I apply it immediately after a shower, once before I blow dry my hair, and then I apply and massage it into the more problem areas. It's not too heavy or thick in which it'll clog your pores, it hasn't caused me any break outs, and it provides instant moisturization to my skin.