St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

Filtered by age: 25-29
St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer
Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

3.8

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Safflower Seed OiI, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Coumarin, Geraniol

on 2/15/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE -
THIS WAS MY HOLY GRAIL .. UNTIL ...
Last summer whenever I went in the sun without foundation or sunscreen my face started getting a crazy reaction, like red bumps that would turn into white pustules and itchy and burn... I didn't know what was causing it and then winter came and I forgot, then I went to Thailand, and same thing happened once I got back in the sun without make up (was still using this though HG right).. so I hid my face on this trip not knowing what caused the sensitivity. Summer hits and now i'm annoyed what is going on with my face, it couldn't be this lotion... WELL I started using a body oil spray with lavender oil and fragrance and then my body started getting really itchy and red but only in the sun, again I didn't put two and two together until I stopped using that body oil the sun irritation stopped, then I thought, maybe it's my face lotion causing the reaction from the sun and well sure enough I stopped using this lotion the last month of summer and didn't get any reactions from the sun. So if St. Ives could remove the fragrance and lavender from this that would be GREAT. How ironic is it that in my original review I complained about the scent, I know they say fragrance can cause sensitivity etc. but I didn't realize it would take years and the summer sun to cause it!

I don't know how I haven't written a review for this yet - I've been using it for probably 3 years and have repurchased more times than I can count. If they discontinued it ever I would actually cry. This is the only moisturizer that doesn't break me out. I have oily, acne prone 29 year old skin. It doesn't interfere with my make up application either. I use it morning and night. I could do without the smell, but I put up with it. The one I get in Canada comes in a tube and it ranges in price from 4$-8$.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This moisturizer is so surprising! It goes on smoothly, makes your skin look more supple, and hydrates in a lasting way. It is perfect for both nighttime and morning, especially with the addition of facial massage. I have tried MANY facial moisturizers, and the only ones that are definitively better than this one are the Ultra Repair Hydrating Cream by First Aid Beauty and Olay Regenerist Deep Hydrating Moisturizer. It is actually better than the rest of the Olay Regenerist moisturizers I have tried (like the micro-sculpting cream). Furthermore, its 5 dollar price really outweighs the small additional benefits of the two creams that I noted to be better. Will buy again! Use it as my morning and night (sometimes) cream.

I love the texture! Spreadable and fresh smell. 1 jar goes very looooongggg way. It take 2 years to finished my first jar. Im on my second jar now.

I like to try out new moisturizer but i always comeback to this one. The texture is so light and it doesnt break me out. This moisturizer goes very well under makeup even it is summer. Well, I live in Malaysia afterall. What to expect other than summer 😁

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

A very basic moisturizer that's gentle and soothing. It does have some fragrance, but that hasn't been a problem for me, even when my skin is at its most sensitive. In fact, that's when I reach for this. My skin is naturally dry and redness prone, and this is my go-to moisturizer when my skin is irritated. Most of the time I'm looking for a moisturizer with antioxidants and more beneficial ingredients, but sometimes basic is best. Absorbs quickly, softening, good under makeup, and dirt cheap.

on 2/8/2017 12:24:00 PM

I have been using the same container of this for 6 months now! I can now be positive this moisturizer works very well for my face. Of course I was skeptical given the price and how much product there was (packaging looks more like a body moisturizer) but because of good MUA reviews, I gave this a shot. I was using Clinique DD gel moisturizer before but began to notice my skin needed more moisture. A few weeks after I started using this I noticed my skin was a actually clearing up! I have minor acne issues around my jawline. I looked up the ingredients and none of them are ranked high on comedogenicity (website I checked is http://skinsalvationsf.com/comedogenic/ ). There are a few ingredients that aren't not listed but I checked other sites for the ingredients and they were also ranked low.

Bottom line:
Moisturizing but not overly. Sinks into skin well and great under makeup.
Doesn't break me out.
I like the packaging because you can get every last bit of it.
Smells very pleasant and fresh.
It is around 5-6$ and will last for a VERY long time. I have been using for six months and still have 1/2 the jar left. This could last you a year!!

Will continue to repurchase! :)

Its been 10 months since I first bought this and theres still lots left in the tub even with everyday use. This hydrates skin really well, doesnt break me out, preps my skin nicely before applying make up and if I slather more at night my skin feels amazing and plump the next morning. That said, I havent noticed any amazing or miracle work from using this, I have combination skin and this makes my skin soft thats all, this wont make you look younger or have radiant skin. Its very cheap though and for such a big tub it does its job well.

After spending most of the last 12 months in a hospital room either waiting for or recovering from open-heart surgery, my 29 year-old skin was looking more like an overlay of an acne-suffering teenager and a dry-skinned, wrinkled elderly lady. My face was both oily and extremely dry. It was red and blotchy, but also dull and grey. My skin was a walking contradiction. I am a copper-haired, porcelain-skinned, freckle-covered ginger who had previously had only minor problems with my skin (other than the extreme sensitivity to basically anything that tends to come along with being a red-head!) so when I finally was reintroduced to the world outside of the hospital I was ashamed of my skin's appearance, but I had no idea how to go about getting it back to normal! I escaped my teen years and most of my twenties with hardly a blemish at all: Very few pimples, no red spots, or dry patches. I had always used Dove bar soap to wash my face morning and night, and that was it. But now I was faced with three problems. First, I had to vanquish the mild-moderate acne that had appeared on my chin, cheeks, and forehead. Second, I had to get rid of the flaky, scaly dry patches that appeared right along-side the acne. And third, I needed to get rid of the redness and inflammation, and also bring colour back to the dull, grey areas where my skin had become almost lifeless in appearance. I didn't even know where to begin! Then, one morning, my wonderful, amazing, beautiful Mother showed up at my home with a care package. Alongside my favorite cookies, and munchies, fuzzy slippers, and fleece pyjamas, it also contained my favourite body lotion that I had used for years, my ever-trusted Dove bar soap, and a 150ml tube of St Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer (I live in Canada, and it is available in tubes here, not just the jars). I recognized the product from the counter in my Mother's bathroom growing up, so I picked it up and said to her that she must have forgotten to take her lotion out of the bag. She giggled and said she was passing on her beauty secret to me, finally. My Mother has always had lovely skin, so I was intrigued. She advised me to keep washing my face as I normally do, but that immediately afterwards I needed to apply a thick layer of this lotion to my face and neck and allow it to absorb. I thanked her and that evening after my shower I applied the lotion for the first time. It immediately made my skin feel, for lack of a better word, "comforted". My skin soaked it up like a sponge, so I applied another layer on top, and again my skin just sucked it right in. The next morning when I went to the sink to wash my face I looked in the mirror and I could not believe the image staring back at me! I looked alive again, and not just alive, but my youthfulness (as much as one can have at almost 30) was returning to my face! There was no longer a grey colour to my skin, but it was also no longer red and inflamed in areas where it had been just the night before. There was volume to my skin again. There previously scaly, flaking patches of extremely dry skin had, of course, not disappeared, but they were visibly more supple, and much less scaly in appearance. Now, as amazing as all of this was to me, the most amazing thing was the difference in my acne. While it had most definitely not magically vanished over night, it was much less prominent, less inflamed, smaller in size, and for the first time in months there was not a single new blemish to be found. I have now been using this lotion for just over a week and I am quite literally astonished at the difference that this product has made. Every single day my face looks and feels better and better. I now have NO acne at all. Every one of my dry patches have disappeared, and there is a wonderful colour in my skin again, dare I even say a slight glow. Ad far as I am concerned this product is my HG. Period. I will continue to use this product for the rest of my life, just like my Mother. I recommend it to anybody! PROS: Easily absorbed Not greasy Non-irritating Non-comedogenic Delicate scent that does not irritate my extremely sensitive skin The price is just amazing (In Canada) It comes in a hygienic squeeze-tube Has anti-aging properties without being too heavy Contains mineral oil, which allows me to use it as an eye makeup remover CONS: Contains fragrance that may irritate some peoples skin, or nose In most places it is only available in a jar It is on the lighter side, so some may only choose it as a day cream Contains mineral-oil which some people may not find appealing Overall, this product is just plain and simply AMAZING. The fact that it did not irritate or aggravate my skin even in the least bit would make me confident in recommending this to just about anyone! I will most certainly repurchase this over, and over again!

on 7/2/2015 2:46:00 PM

I prefer no fragrance and pump bottles. They travel more easily.
While this is a decent moisturizer--and indeed the scent isn't bad--I wish they'd package it differently. Yes, my skin was smooth and yes, it absorbs well and leaves no grease behind. And the price is awesome. You can't really find it everywhere though. But the tub is its fatal flaw. I can't for it in my purse and I don't want to have to reach for sanitizer every time I'm out and my hands feel dry.
To the reviewer who called us all lazy in her ranting tirade: good for you for knowing so much more than the rest of us.
EDIT: I lowered my rating. It really isn't great. I got some gluten free stuff from Shea Butters and it's way better.

on 4/7/2015 2:58:00 AM

I have been using this moisturizer for at least a year consistently and I absolutely love it. I have combination skin, that is more on the oily side. This moisturizer helps to keep my skin hydrated while not making me look like a grease monster. I am 29 yrs old and while I don't have wrinkles yet, I think this moisturizer makes my face look much more youthful. I always apply this before applying makeup. I let it absorb into the skin and it makes for a great base for makeup. I do wish the packaging were different but the tub lasts you a while. I've been using it for over a year and I'm on my second tub. I highly recommend this product.

on 3/18/2015 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Feels nice at first. Moisturized decently, but I have really dry skin. Gave me breakouts.