Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I was in the market for a new lip product for the winter. I've used Burt's Bees products in the past but they were all unremarkable to say the least. However, over the past weekend when my sister in law was in town, she was using a tinted lip balm and it made her lips so pretty! Naturally, I went out and bought the one that's "my lips but better", which happened to be Hibiscus. I'm naturally quite self-conscious putting on colours on my lips as I don't like not knowing if I look like a clown throughout the day, but this colour is GORGEOUS on me! :) Nothing really matches my extremely fair Asian skin tone, but this one just wakes my complexion up. Highly recommended :)

on 11/2/2016 8:57:00 PM

I would rate this highly as a lip tint...but kinda poorly as a balm. I feel like my lips feel drier with it on? Even while they are still moist? What fresh hell is this??? Maybe I am just allergic or sensitive to a certain ingredient. Maybe I am just used to balms with more butters as opposed to oils and waxes...this does feel oily to me rather than soothing. Or more like a creamy lipstick. To be fair my lips are extra sensitive-so you may not have the same experience, just saying, not my favourite. Actually I find this similar to the untinted (yet still leaves a slight reddish tint) pomegranate Burts Bees balm which leaves my lips feeling slightly dry and slightly burning-but not so horrific that I need to wipe it off. I chose this shade because it was the closest to my natural lip tone-and its a pretty exact match-but if you swipe some on your finger you see that its actually highly pigmented...one of those MLBB shades. A dusty rose if you will. They stopped packaging these in those misleading huge ugly cardboard containers thank gosh...but the cap on this would lead you to believe that this shade is more of a pinky sheer watermelon color-and its actually darker and more red. Anyway, it's pretty and natural looking, over priced I find, and my lips aren't digging it...

UPDATE to change my rating from a 3 to a 2 because to my horror I noticed that in certain lighting this does look orangey

This shade looked orange in my lips so I was disappointed it didn't match the packaging. My lips are pretty skin-toned around the Cupid's bow and I was looking for something that will make them look a little pinker. Sadly, this colour was not for my skin tone.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased 2 different colours because the packaging really sold it to me. But after using it for a few weeks, I wasn't a fan of these at all.
- Had a weird scent to it
- Strong colour on the lips but the colour just sat on top of my lips and didn't blend in
- After a while the lip balm split in the tube and it fell apart! This has never happened to me in any lip balm before so it was really weird. It wasn't just one of them but both lip balms split and had a weird smell.
Maybe I got a bad batch but I threw it out and never looked back.

on 8/17/2016 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The new design (no cardboard tube) is nice! I LOVE Hibiscus, it's the only one I use. I use this instead of lipstick - It is slightly shiny, gorgeous color that "wakes up" my face and looks beautiful with coral/pink cream blush

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this lip balm has a horrible scent! smells just like plastic and its very strong. so strong that when i put it on my lips i can taste it all the way down to my throat. i feel as if ive been chewing or eating rubber. im surprised at the good reviews. maybe i just got a bad batch. i wont be repurchasing this or any other burts lip products. yuck.

on 4/14/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

While none of the colours in this line are true to what they are on the cap, they're sheer enough that it doesn't bother me. Hibiscus is like my lips but slightly better. Very subtle and sheer punch of colour. Moisturizing and non irritating and a great alternative to regular balm for when I'm out and about and don't want completely naked lips. Would repurchase.

on 2/29/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I prefer to use BBs tinted lip balms as a substitute for traditional lipstick as I have notoriously dry, chapped lips and traditional lipstick tends to just chap me up more. I bought this shade because the lid implied that it would match the new spring/summer shade of blush I bought. It is not nearly as pink as the lid would have you believe. On me, it looks a bit more red with a hint of orange, but I find that it compliments my skin tone (light-medium with neutral/olive undertones) very well. As far as moisturizing... I'm having to reapply every hour or so, but I was having a dry spell when I bought it, so I could just be in recovery mode.

on 2/22/2016 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This balm is not the medium pink the cap leads you to believe, but that said it is a very pretty shade. I find the color difficult to describe and it seems to pull differently based on skin tone. I'm naturally pale with pink tones and when I tried this balm in that state I found it a light redish color with a very slight tint of orange that I don't really care for. That said, with some self tanner warming up my skin this shade morphs into a beautiful natural shade with some slight coral tones. Sort of reddish but with a little brownish pink and peach mixed in. I also found it very moisturizing and it didn't settle in lines. Not crazy about the taste, though.

on 1/26/2016 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't know what happened! When I owned this lip balm last summer, it gave me such nice red tint on my lips. Unfortunately I lost it, so today I bought one at Ulta but it hardly left any kind of color on my lips :( Maybe my lips got darker? I really don't know. It still feels very nice, moisturizing & light on the lips but I loved it for the red tint that people complimented it for, so I won't repurchase..