Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Hibiscus

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Hibiscus

4.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/14/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

While none of the colours in this line are true to what they are on the cap, they're sheer enough that it doesn't bother me. Hibiscus is like my lips but slightly better. Very subtle and sheer punch of colour. Moisturizing and non irritating and a great alternative to regular balm for when I'm out and about and don't want completely naked lips. Would repurchase.

on 2/29/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I prefer to use BBs tinted lip balms as a substitute for traditional lipstick as I have notoriously dry, chapped lips and traditional lipstick tends to just chap me up more. I bought this shade because the lid implied that it would match the new spring/summer shade of blush I bought. It is not nearly as pink as the lid would have you believe. On me, it looks a bit more red with a hint of orange, but I find that it compliments my skin tone (light-medium with neutral/olive undertones) very well. As far as moisturizing... I'm having to reapply every hour or so, but I was having a dry spell when I bought it, so I could just be in recovery mode.

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/22/2016 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This balm is not the medium pink the cap leads you to believe, but that said it is a very pretty shade. I find the color difficult to describe and it seems to pull differently based on skin tone. I'm naturally pale with pink tones and when I tried this balm in that state I found it a light redish color with a very slight tint of orange that I don't really care for. That said, with some self tanner warming up my skin this shade morphs into a beautiful natural shade with some slight coral tones. Sort of reddish but with a little brownish pink and peach mixed in. I also found it very moisturizing and it didn't settle in lines. Not crazy about the taste, though.

on 1/26/2016 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't know what happened! When I owned this lip balm last summer, it gave me such nice red tint on my lips. Unfortunately I lost it, so today I bought one at Ulta but it hardly left any kind of color on my lips :( Maybe my lips got darker? I really don't know. It still feels very nice, moisturizing & light on the lips but I loved it for the red tint that people complimented it for, so I won't repurchase..

on 11/1/2015 8:44:00 PM

I love this product! The translucency lends a very natural but polished look. It feels really comfortable to wear too, not waxy or sticky at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The color of this tinted lip balm is very pigmented. The color is also beautiful, not too dark red but not too pink. It's moisturizing my lips and doesn't dry my lips.

on 8/20/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the way this product makes my lips feel moisturized and doesn't have a strong, fruity scent. (Too many tinted lip balms are highly scented.) Hibiscus is a great "my lips but better" shade for me--I have fair (light but not pink-toned) skin, and my lips are fairly pink already. This just deepens the color a bit and adds a hint of shine. I am so happy that there is no frost or shimmer in this product--that is *so* common in lip balms and sheer lip color. I am looking for another shade to replace Tiger Lily, which was discontinued. I like Hibiscus, but I'm also looking for an alternate shade with just a hint of coral. (I am planning to try Zinnia.)

I am asian with light to mid-toned skin and pretty pigmented lips.
I am always in search of that pinky nude, coral lip and this comes pretty close.
The lip balm feels really good. I have dry chapped lips most of the time and usually need to apply vaseline underneath any lip product. This is a true tinted lip balm, and doesn't need anything underneath.
The colour is very pretty on me. A peachy pink - a MYLBB.
It feels more slippery than waxy.
That's my gripe with this product. I really like it, but it really doesn't last because it's so slippery. If you eat or drink anything it's totally gone.
Seeing as this is $7.99 CDN, it's pretty expensive for wearing only an hour before it's gone.
However, this at least looks good while it's on, and has more natural ingredients.
Not sure if I would repurchase, but don't regret buying this (does that make sense?)

The cardboard packaging is super cute,once you open it it revels a normal lipbalm container.The product doesn't have an overpowering scent,Color wise it is more like a stain but it can be built up.This color in particular is more on the orangy side,and it washes all the color out of my pale face,I believe people with slight tanned complexions will adore this shade .As far as moisturizing wise I recomend you wear another lipbalm underneath this one as it is not the most hydrating formula.Overall I would repurchase. I curently own two tubes of this stuff in the shades "Hibiscus" and "Pink blossom" which is my favorite of the two.

on 10/21/2014 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This product is great for my beige lips that is in dire need of color. I am an NC 42 for reference and I have been on the hunt for a MLBB that doesn't pull neither too pink nor too nude. I would like the illusion of the just bitten, juicy reddish lips.

I bought this color after trying out and enjoying Tiger Lily. Though Tiger Lily pulls more peachy nude, I was hoping Hibiscus was the color that would do the trick. I expected Hibiscus to lean more pink as it is labeled with the other pinks in the line. Pleasantly surprised, it swatched a reddish coral color and on my lips, it gives this amazing reddish pink color, everything that I've hoped for in a color. And of course, it's a plus that the balm gives amazing moisture and it keeps my lips moist after the color washes off.

Popular Lip Treatments