Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.9

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

Had wanted to try this for a long time. Like the pump dispenser, easy to use in the shower. Doesn't have any strong scent as far a I can tell. Price is reasonable. But, won't repurchase because texture is a bit slimy and I feel I have to really rub to feel it's been rinsed off. Certainly does not foam at all for me, but maybe that's all the natural ingredients. No problems with sensitivity or drying, but my skin is combo and not terrible sensitive.

Basically a meh, cheap-ish drug store cleanser. Much better out there for the price.

Used once and my face and hands burn and itch. If you're acne prone, find a Lush store and buy Let The Good Times Roll, which is facial scrub. That is the best skin care product I've ever bought, but I was trying to save some money, so I bought this instead. Never again!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Most of Neutrogena's face washes are too harsh for my skin, which can be sensitive, but this one was surprisingly gentle (though it was a little drying.) I like the apple-pear scent, and the clean feeling it left behind. Unfortunately I will not repurchase, but if you are looking for a gentle-yet-effective face wash for acne-prone skin, this might be worth checking out.

One use of this cleanser left my sensitive skin red and burning. Ouch! I immediately switched back to my sensitive-skin staple cleansers, Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser and Johnson's Head-to-Toe baby wash

One of the worst products I have purchased so far! Upon application, my skin started to burn and felt quite agitated. I washed it off immediately but the burning feeling lasted for quite some time. The next day, I had broken out all over my cheeks (usually I break out near my jaw line/mouth due to hormonal acne). I also noticed that my skin felt tighter and had started to dry out in some areas. This was the only new product I had introduced into my skincare routine. Thankfully, I was able to return it to Walmart after explaining the reaction I experienced. I will avoid Neutrogena Naturals from now on as this was a very unpleasant experience.

I have repurchased this 10+ times I really love this cleanser. It has a nice fresh apple scent, and only a dime sized amount will cover my face in bubbles. (The makeup removing version is a like a rich lather, while the original purifying is more of a foam.) It's effective at removing makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft. It has not lead to any acne for me or irritation. It does not dry out my skin. I prefer the "fresh cleansing and makeup removing" version of this, but I've used both and I think they are both great. Whenever this is on a nice sale I stock up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My very sensitive skin is happy with this gel cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but not stripped. It's got a mild scent that reminds me of passionfruit or mango, but it's nice, and does not bother my skin. (This is rare for me.) A teaspoon-sized drop is enough for face and neck. It foams lightly and washes away easily. Removes light makeup with no scrubbing, and is mild enough to use more than once a day. (Nice in hot weather.)

SkinDeep gives it an overall rating of 3, which is good for a drugstore product. Yes, it has fragrance, but does not contain parabens, sulfates, dyes, or phthalates. Technically, the label says it's cruelty-free, but Neutrogena's parent company is not cruelty-free, so if that's a key factor for you, do your research.

My verdict: Yay! I love this stuff! I'll go so fas as to say it's a close match for The Body Shop's Passionfruit Cleansing Gel. (Discontinued long ago, but was my HG cleanser for years.) Happy to use this every day, and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fairly basic cleanser from Neutrogena, but I like it because the scent isn't overpowering like some of theirs. That being said, there is a tiny bit of fragrance, so this doesn't seem like it would be ideal for sensitive skin. The texture is light, a little goes a long way. It really foams up nicely. This would be ideal for normal/combination to oily skin, due to the gel texture. I think dry skin may find this to be unsuitable for them. The price is right too, as with all Neutrogena cleansers.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised at the bad reviews and low ratings for this! It works great for me! My skin is well behaved but slightly oily. I became interested in this cleanser after seeing it recommend in an Allure (I think) write up about what skin care professionals used on themselves. Those are usually glorified ads or kind of bullshit but I'm always hopeful to find good skincare without having to spend a ton of money so I tried this. It works great for removing makeup and with my Clarisonic. It doesn't irritate my skin, just leaves it nice and helps with not getting my pores all icky and full and preventing the occasionally blemish too. Probably my favorite cleanser, Johnson and Johnson Purpose is up there too but I usually get this now instead.

I tried it because it supposedly be 'natural' and not harsh. But no, this made my face sensitive to EVERYTHING. Even moisturizer stings.

I brokeout like crazy. Will not try anymore.