Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.9

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

This is my all time favourite cleanser! I can notice a difference in my skin immediately after the first use. Love how it smells, minimizes pores, great pump, and makes your skin feel fresh and clean. I've bought this one and the one that contains makeup remover and they are both great products.

One of the worst products I have purchased so far! Upon application, my skin started to burn and felt quite agitated. I washed it off immediately but the burning feeling lasted for quite some time. The next day, I had broken out all over my cheeks (usually I break out near my jaw line/mouth due to hormonal acne). I also noticed that my skin felt tighter and had started to dry out in some areas. This was the only new product I had introduced into my skincare routine. Thankfully, I was able to return it to Walmart after explaining the reaction I experienced. I will avoid Neutrogena Naturals from now on as this was a very unpleasant experience.

I have repurchased this 10+ times I really love this cleanser. It has a nice fresh apple scent, and only a dime sized amount will cover my face in bubbles. (The makeup removing version is a like a rich lather, while the original purifying is more of a foam.) It's effective at removing makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft. It has not lead to any acne for me or irritation. It does not dry out my skin. I prefer the "fresh cleansing and makeup removing" version of this, but I've used both and I think they are both great. Whenever this is on a nice sale I stock up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My very sensitive skin is happy with this gel cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but not stripped. It's got a mild scent that reminds me of passionfruit or mango, but it's nice, and does not bother my skin. (This is rare for me.) A teaspoon-sized drop is enough for face and neck. It foams lightly and washes away easily. Removes light makeup with no scrubbing, and is mild enough to use more than once a day. (Nice in hot weather.)

SkinDeep gives it an overall rating of 3, which is good for a drugstore product. Yes, it has fragrance, but does not contain parabens, sulfates, dyes, or phthalates. Technically, the label says it's cruelty-free, but Neutrogena's parent company is not cruelty-free, so if that's a key factor for you, do your research.

My verdict: Yay! I love this stuff! I'll go so fas as to say it's a close match for The Body Shop's Passionfruit Cleansing Gel. (Discontinued long ago, but was my HG cleanser for years.) Happy to use this every day, and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fairly basic cleanser from Neutrogena, but I like it because the scent isn't overpowering like some of theirs. That being said, there is a tiny bit of fragrance, so this doesn't seem like it would be ideal for sensitive skin. The texture is light, a little goes a long way. It really foams up nicely. This would be ideal for normal/combination to oily skin, due to the gel texture. I think dry skin may find this to be unsuitable for them. The price is right too, as with all Neutrogena cleansers.

I tried it because it supposedly be 'natural' and not harsh. But no, this made my face sensitive to EVERYTHING. Even moisturizer stings.

I brokeout like crazy. Will not try anymore.

This cleanser is absolutely PHENOMENAL at removing makeup. I use it to clean a lot of my makeup brushes and everything comes off absolutely effortlessly, even the most deeply embedded BB cream on my foundation brush.

For the face, on the other hand, I'm not really sure. I was wondering why my face got occasionally red or had the occasional zit, and I found out that these incidences coincide with when I use this cleanser. I'm not sure if it's because the pH is not close enough to 5.5 (I have a pH tester coming in soon so I will see and update this review) or if I don't like one of the ingredients, but I don't think it's the absolute best for my skin, even though it does clean off makeup wonderfully and doesn't feel too drying.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised at the bad reviews and low ratings for this! It works great for me! My skin is well behaved but slightly oily. I became interested in this cleanser after seeing it recommend in an Allure (I think) write up about what skin care professionals used on themselves. Those are usually glorified ads or kind of bullshit but I'm always hopeful to find good skincare without having to spend a ton of money so I tried this. It works great for removing makeup and with my Clarisonic. It doesn't irritate my skin, just leaves it nice and helps with not getting my pores all icky and full and preventing the occasionally blemish too. Probably my favorite cleanser, Johnson and Johnson Purpose is up there too but I usually get this now instead.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super sensitive skin and i recently found that my skin really likes products that have minimal ingredients in it.
This made my face react in red blotches and itchiness. not a fun time.
It smells like artificial - like chemicals which I really don't enjoy.
HOWEVER,
the only reason why I would buy it again is because it works wonderfully as a makeup cleaner. No joke. If you hated this product and is sitting on your shelf for the long time, try clean your brushes with it because wow this things removes makeup so easy.

Overall, terrible as a facial cleanser but terrific as a make-up brush cleaner.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Never before would I have believed that a cleanser could be responsible for giving my clear, stable skin a REALLY bad breakout. I had my doubts the first time I used it, as it basically felt like dish washing detergent and the strong fake apple frangrance smelt just like a certain cheap shampoo. The most bizarre thing that I found was while it felt like it was stripping my skin, it also felt like it was leaving a weird film behind that was still there even after rinsing it off and moisturising. I used the cleanser for about a week before my sister pointed out that my forehead wasn't normally covered in zits and asked me if I'd changed my skincare - like I said, I never would've thought a cleanser could break me out. I right away switched to Sukin micellar water, after which I didn't get a single new pimple. The worst skincare product I've ever tried TBH