Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.9

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

Oh my god, I used to read reviews about cleansing products making people break out but for me, I had never encountered a facial wash that actually made my skin develop pimples (usually crap makeup products/lotions do) but this face wash broke me out LIKE CRAZY. I saw some people on youtube saying that it was really good so I decided to give it a go and see how it worked and I tried it for a good 2 nights and after those 2 nights, I noticed around 5 HUGE pimples on my face (like those really inflamed, red and irritated ones that dont ever come to a head) and also I noticed that all of my few existing pimples were WAY more aggravated than they were usually. This has never ever happened to me and when it did, the only new thing I was using was this face wash so can I just say to NOT use this if you have acne prone skin because oh my god you will be living in a nightmare. Not to mention the pump is tricky and messy when you try to make it work as well as the strong fragrance in this.

Worst facial cleanser I have ever used.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Meh. Gentle, but forget about makeup removal; you need a separate product for that.

To Read all 205 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Worst face cleanser I have ever used!!!
My face was on fire, burning red. I only had the product on for a minute or so and once I took it off my face was instantly sore, blotchy and burnt!
I would NEVER recommend this face wash to anyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Kinda surprised by all the bad reviews here! I have super oily skin which is why I may not be having the dry skin issues a lot of people complain about... I really love that this cleanser! It actually removes all my makeup and gets my skin nice and clean with just one wash. I wear washable mascara, eyeliner and liquid foundation just about every day. The smell is a bit strong but overall pleasant so no complaints there. I always use a tea tree oil pad after cleansing and have been surprised and super excited that there's really absolutely nothing left on my face after washing it! I also always follow with cerave pm lotion so that could also be why I haven't experienced any excess drying of my skin. Does seem to help with breakouts although not sure if that's the willow bark or just the fact that it's actually completely cleansing my skin. For $6 I will definitely be repurchasing this!

Using this for the past week each night.

My old routine for my 29 year old normal, no-acne face used to involve Pond's Cold Cream with washcloth. That was it. But I found my skin to be getting kind of dull looking and wrinkles seeming more prominent. After reading some skincare forums, I found that many recommended adding in a BHA or AHA. I noticed this cleanser had salicylic acid (BHA), the "natural" promise, and Neutrogena (a brand I would say I trust).

I put one pump in my palm and am blasted by a pear fragrance. It's not exactly fruity but it's very strong, so be prepared. The cleanser itself is a very thick clear liquid. To apply I dip my fingers into my palm and rub in circles on one side of my face, then the remaining on the other. It foams up easily.

I agree with other reviews: it leaves my face kinda tight and kinda plastic feeling. On first application, my forehead was shiny! I also have developed a number of whiteheads and papules on my face. I'm hoping this is "purging" but I'm going to decrease the frequency of use and go back to my old routine to see if anything improves, because I'm honestly not thrilled. I will report back!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a lovely gentle cleanser. I have yet to use it to remove makeup but it's great for preteens as well as adults who have normal to combo skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, acne prone skin and this face wash does wonders. I used the Neutrogena naturals makeup remover face wash before I tried this one and it would burn my skin and this product does
nothing like that. I have been using it for about 2 weeks before bed only now and my overall redness and breakouts are practically gone. The pump doesn't work so I have to unscrew the cap and let the soap drip on my hand but its worth the extra work for the results I have gotten in my opinion. I will definitely repurchase.

OMG! after reading all your reviews guys..I can tell i will not buy this cleanser.. I suppose to order this from US through amazon! oh Thanks God! my order was declined by seller since they are not accepting orders outside US! Thank you guys!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is targeted to cleanse your skin gently while removing makeup and help with breakouts. So far I have noticed no improvement to my acne although it does cleanse gently. I purchase primarily for gentle cleansing , but will not buy again since it doesn't do a good job at removing eye makeup. I catch myself washing the area pretty hard with it.

I have used it for the past 3 years or so. It is great at washing away makeup, gentle enough for my sensitive eyes. Leaves skin moist and clean, doesn't cause breakouts. I never used it to remove water proved mascara so have nothing to say if this cleanser does a good job on it or not. The downside is the packaging, the pump gets stuck at times and once opened - very difficult to close. I took it with me for an overseas trip once and ended up with it spilled over my makeup bag. Otherwise, it is good product.