Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.9

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

Used once and my face and hands burn and itch. If you're acne prone, find a Lush store and buy Let The Good Times Roll, which is facial scrub. That is the best skin care product I've ever bought, but I was trying to save some money, so I bought this instead. Never again!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Most of Neutrogena's face washes are too harsh for my skin, which can be sensitive, but this one was surprisingly gentle (though it was a little drying.) I like the apple-pear scent, and the clean feeling it left behind. Unfortunately I will not repurchase, but if you are looking for a gentle-yet-effective face wash for acne-prone skin, this might be worth checking out.

This is my all time favourite cleanser! I can notice a difference in my skin immediately after the first use. Love how it smells, minimizes pores, great pump, and makes your skin feel fresh and clean. I've bought this one and the one that contains makeup remover and they are both great products.

I have repurchased this 10+ times I really love this cleanser. It has a nice fresh apple scent, and only a dime sized amount will cover my face in bubbles. (The makeup removing version is a like a rich lather, while the original purifying is more of a foam.) It's effective at removing makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft. It has not lead to any acne for me or irritation. It does not dry out my skin. I prefer the "fresh cleansing and makeup removing" version of this, but I've used both and I think they are both great. Whenever this is on a nice sale I stock up.

One use of this cleanser left my sensitive skin red and burning. Ouch! I immediately switched back to my sensitive-skin staple cleansers, Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser and Johnson's Head-to-Toe baby wash

One of the worst products I have purchased so far! Upon application, my skin started to burn and felt quite agitated. I washed it off immediately but the burning feeling lasted for quite some time. The next day, I had broken out all over my cheeks (usually I break out near my jaw line/mouth due to hormonal acne). I also noticed that my skin felt tighter and had started to dry out in some areas. This was the only new product I had introduced into my skincare routine. Thankfully, I was able to return it to Walmart after explaining the reaction I experienced. I will avoid Neutrogena Naturals from now on as this was a very unpleasant experience.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My very sensitive skin is happy with this gel cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but not stripped. It's got a mild scent that reminds me of passionfruit or mango, but it's nice, and does not bother my skin. (This is rare for me.) A teaspoon-sized drop is enough for face and neck. It foams lightly and washes away easily. Removes light makeup with no scrubbing, and is mild enough to use more than once a day. (Nice in hot weather.)

SkinDeep gives it an overall rating of 3, which is good for a drugstore product. Yes, it has fragrance, but does not contain parabens, sulfates, dyes, or phthalates. Technically, the label says it's cruelty-free, but Neutrogena's parent company is not cruelty-free, so if that's a key factor for you, do your research.

My verdict: Yay! I love this stuff! I'll go so fas as to say it's a close match for The Body Shop's Passionfruit Cleansing Gel. (Discontinued long ago, but was my HG cleanser for years.) Happy to use this every day, and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fairly basic cleanser from Neutrogena, but I like it because the scent isn't overpowering like some of theirs. That being said, there is a tiny bit of fragrance, so this doesn't seem like it would be ideal for sensitive skin. The texture is light, a little goes a long way. It really foams up nicely. This would be ideal for normal/combination to oily skin, due to the gel texture. I think dry skin may find this to be unsuitable for them. The price is right too, as with all Neutrogena cleansers.

This cleanser is absolutely PHENOMENAL at removing makeup. I use it to clean a lot of my makeup brushes and everything comes off absolutely effortlessly, even the most deeply embedded BB cream on my foundation brush.

For the face, on the other hand, I'm not really sure. I was wondering why my face got occasionally red or had the occasional zit, and I found out that these incidences coincide with when I use this cleanser. I'm not sure if it's because the pH is not close enough to 5.5 (I have a pH tester coming in soon so I will see and update this review) or if I don't like one of the ingredients, but I don't think it's the absolute best for my skin, even though it does clean off makeup wonderfully and doesn't feel too drying.

I tried it because it supposedly be 'natural' and not harsh. But no, this made my face sensitive to EVERYTHING. Even moisturizer stings.

I brokeout like crazy. Will not try anymore.