Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.9

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fairly basic cleanser from Neutrogena, but I like it because the scent isn't overpowering like some of theirs. That being said, there is a tiny bit of fragrance, so this doesn't seem like it would be ideal for sensitive skin. The texture is light, a little goes a long way. It really foams up nicely. This would be ideal for normal/combination to oily skin, due to the gel texture. I think dry skin may find this to be unsuitable for them. The price is right too, as with all Neutrogena cleansers.

I tried it because it supposedly be 'natural' and not harsh. But no, this made my face sensitive to EVERYTHING. Even moisturizer stings.

I brokeout like crazy. Will not try anymore.

This cleanser is absolutely PHENOMENAL at removing makeup. I use it to clean a lot of my makeup brushes and everything comes off absolutely effortlessly, even the most deeply embedded BB cream on my foundation brush.

For the face, on the other hand, I'm not really sure. I was wondering why my face got occasionally red or had the occasional zit, and I found out that these incidences coincide with when I use this cleanser. I'm not sure if it's because the pH is not close enough to 5.5 (I have a pH tester coming in soon so I will see and update this review) or if I don't like one of the ingredients, but I don't think it's the absolute best for my skin, even though it does clean off makeup wonderfully and doesn't feel too drying.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised at the bad reviews and low ratings for this! It works great for me! My skin is well behaved but slightly oily. I became interested in this cleanser after seeing it recommend in an Allure (I think) write up about what skin care professionals used on themselves. Those are usually glorified ads or kind of bullshit but I'm always hopeful to find good skincare without having to spend a ton of money so I tried this. It works great for removing makeup and with my Clarisonic. It doesn't irritate my skin, just leaves it nice and helps with not getting my pores all icky and full and preventing the occasionally blemish too. Probably my favorite cleanser, Johnson and Johnson Purpose is up there too but I usually get this now instead.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super sensitive skin and i recently found that my skin really likes products that have minimal ingredients in it.
This made my face react in red blotches and itchiness. not a fun time.
It smells like artificial - like chemicals which I really don't enjoy.
HOWEVER,
the only reason why I would buy it again is because it works wonderfully as a makeup cleaner. No joke. If you hated this product and is sitting on your shelf for the long time, try clean your brushes with it because wow this things removes makeup so easy.

Overall, terrible as a facial cleanser but terrific as a make-up brush cleaner.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Never before would I have believed that a cleanser could be responsible for giving my clear, stable skin a REALLY bad breakout. I had my doubts the first time I used it, as it basically felt like dish washing detergent and the strong fake apple frangrance smelt just like a certain cheap shampoo. The most bizarre thing that I found was while it felt like it was stripping my skin, it also felt like it was leaving a weird film behind that was still there even after rinsing it off and moisturising. I used the cleanser for about a week before my sister pointed out that my forehead wasn't normally covered in zits and asked me if I'd changed my skincare - like I said, I never would've thought a cleanser could break me out. I right away switched to Sukin micellar water, after which I didn't get a single new pimple. The worst skincare product I've ever tried TBH

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely a purifying cleanser with a good list of ingredients, better than most cleansers but it is a little too drying for my skin in its current state which is seriously dry and dehydrated. Scent is a little strong, and different from most other products but it is still pleasant enough and wouldn't deter me from using on this basis alone. Simple packaging with a pump dispenser, not my preference for cleansers because you can't get all of the product out but works fine. I wish I had tried this in my oily-skin days as I think it would leave a wonderful fresh clean feeling on the skin before adding skin care products like serums, moisturizers, etc.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If you are looking for a very affordable drug store brand cleanser with decent ingredients, this is the product for you. It really cleans your skin without stripping it or drying it out and leaves your face baby soft. The ingredients are nothing to rave about but they are not too nasty and the product is at a good price point. My major complaint is the fragrance. It is way too strong for a facial product and the more fragrance the more chemicals. Still I would buy the product again if I did not have access to more natural alternatives.

Oh my god, I used to read reviews about cleansing products making people break out but for me, I had never encountered a facial wash that actually made my skin develop pimples (usually crap makeup products/lotions do) but this face wash broke me out LIKE CRAZY. I saw some people on youtube saying that it was really good so I decided to give it a go and see how it worked and I tried it for a good 2 nights and after those 2 nights, I noticed around 5 HUGE pimples on my face (like those really inflamed, red and irritated ones that dont ever come to a head) and also I noticed that all of my few existing pimples were WAY more aggravated than they were usually. This has never ever happened to me and when it did, the only new thing I was using was this face wash so can I just say to NOT use this if you have acne prone skin because oh my god you will be living in a nightmare. Not to mention the pump is tricky and messy when you try to make it work as well as the strong fragrance in this.

Worst facial cleanser I have ever used.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Meh. Gentle, but forget about makeup removal; you need a separate product for that.