Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this kit! The bronzer is not orangy and is matte which I love. The colour is perfect for me and blends very well.

on 1/21/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've never contoured before and this was the first contour kit I've ever purchased.. I would have given this product a rating of 5 since it made my face look so nice and defined BUT it gave me the worst acne I've had in a while in areas I never break out! At first it never crossed my mind that it was this product but since this is the only new thing I've added to my makeup routine, and considering I was only breaking out in the exactly same areas I applied this kit, (cheeks, jawline) I had to discontinue use of this sleek product. I'd rather have clear skin than a chiselled face! I've just stopped using it so I will update on whether my face has calmed down after discontinuing.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE

on 2/22/2014 5:37:00 PM

I love the contour, not so sure about the highlighter it's a bit glittery so 1 less star, but overall the contour is amazing it's not too dark and not too light it's awesome

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So I've just received this in the post (had to order them directly from Sleek as Superdrug online and all my local stores have been sold out for months!). Being unable to test the colours in store, I ordered light and medium. Admittedly, in a contouring beginner so this review is based on what little skill I have been able to use in applying the product! Medium is too dark. It's very very pigmented and quite a step up from light. I think if I were better at contouring and blending it would be nice to use for an evening look, but I think the general rule for medium is that a little goes a long way! Secondly, I think it really does matter which brush you use. The fluffier the better, I used a Models Own blush brush- I think the powder needs a good bit of diffusing, use a flatter, more solid sable hair brush and it will 'clump' in darker patches on your face, making your face look dirty! I didn't find the contour powder in light to be red/brick coloured. I like the highlighter in both light and medium, but agree that these take a little bit of building to get that lovely glow. Going to practise via YouTube videos, but I think the product is great! Great value, very handy and creates a lovely look. Will buy again!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For reference I am BB 4.5/roughly NC40 and I got the medium shade (see my pictures above).

At first, I thought the contour section would be sooo dark and because it's so pigmented I was really scared. I whacked out the stipple brush and with a light hand, it's really easy to contour and I love the overall effect.The contour powder section is bigger than the highlight section. This seems like a decent ratio. I like that this is very well pressed and that when you sweep the brush over it there isn't a huge mess created (although I do use a stipple brush because I'm so heavy handed!). The highlight contains a very, very small amount of shimmer so I love it because I have oily skin! Good value for money, I can see this lasting for years because it's so pigmented. Thankfully it's very easy to blend even with my heavy handedness.

The packaging is really good. By that, I mean the actual compact. It looks very professional and expensive and houses are good quality mirror in the lid. It's also a decent weight and hard to open (which could be a good thing - the lid won't open randomly but I always fear for my nails!). However... the cardboard casing that comes on it just screams 'prostitute!' The girl on it looks really slutty! I really, really wish Sleek would sort that out, I was embarrassed holding it in the shop. Inside, there is an instruction leaflet but I found YouTube much more helpful for lessons on contouring, the booklet reads like it was written without someone reading over. I have seen pictures of the leaflet on blogs and they seem to have scaled it down considerably compared to the pictures online and it's a little hard to clearly see the pictures they provide.

The person below me who said the highlight looks ashy - you got a contour kit that was too light. I'm lighter skinned than her and got the medium (she got the light one, that's why it looks ashy) and medium's perfect.