Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

4.2

I really wanted to try contouringbut not into the whole cream contour thing and didn’t want to spend alot incase it wasnt for me. I think this is a great drugstore kit, I have medium which is well suited for me NC40/sun beige! My only gripe is that the contour shade is a tad bit too red almost. Wish it was ashier. The highlight is a natural hilight for everyday- not a must have but it is nice never the less, has a peachy understone and is flattering. I won’t repurchase as I want a more ashier contour and this is slight warmer (but it still works!). Another issue is the contour is the slightest bit difficult to blend. This definately works well as a bronzer around the forehead. Lastly, love the packaging - sleek’s stuff is simple, professional and travel friendly. Won’t be repurchasing myself but I would reccomend anyhow

This could be a dupe for some hi-end brands. I'm really happy that drugstore makeup brands have finally stepped up to be on par (or, better than) to some hi-ends.

I purchased this contour kit in the shade, "Light" and it retails for USD 18 in Thailand. The powder is finely milled (believe or not? This made me think of Marc Jacob instantly!), and the blend-ability and longevity are awesome.

on 9/16/2016 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've never tried a high end contour product but this is the best priced one you're going to get. It isn't as orange as bronzer so it leaves a nice shadow effect. The pigmentation is really good and easy to blend.
The highlighter isn't much to scream about so i prefer using this just for the contour, but still a great product overall.

on 6/4/2016 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do like this product BUT not to contour. I have a warmer undertone (yellow) and a reddish contour shade just doesn't do it for me. So for that purpose I gave it 3 lippies. However it is very pigmented and the highlight is just up my alley as well. I have it in the medium shade, and it works for when my skin is tan and light (both "contour" shade and highlight.) When I am at my lightest and am in a rush I use this as a bronzer in the contour areas, to give a warmth to the face while still not going past the cheek bones, to give the appearance of a bit of a contour. When darker I use a big fluffy brush and use it to bronze. Highlight works for me during any season/any skin-tone.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This contour kit is unreal, especially for the price! The bronzing side is so creamy and blends like a dream and the highlighting side is so nice 😩 it's one of my everyday items and I'll repurchase for definite.

on 4/10/2016 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

(For reference, I'm nw25/dry skin) I've had this for a while now, around a year and a half at least, and I'm just now getting around to a review. I bought this Face Contour Kit in Light and Medium, from the Sleek Makeup website, because I was unsure which I'd need and because they were only $10 each. I'm really glad that I did buy both, because I prefer the contour shade from the medium palette and the highlighting shade from the light palette. This palette contains a duo of a matte contouring powder and a shimmer highlighting powder. The packaging is very sleek, sturdy, and pleasing to the eye, although nothing fancy. I do detect a very, very slight nice pleasing scent. The contour powder formula is very pigmented, silky soft, layers well, and blends out very easily. The highlight formula is very creamy soft, intensely pigmented, very glowy and shimmery with zero glitter, and can be soft or very intense depending on layers. Neither shades in either palettes feel gritty or chunky or anything of that nature. The light palette contour is a light warm chocolate, and the highlight is a soft neutral champagne glow. The medium palette contour is darker cool chocolate, and the highlight is a soft warm gold glow. I'm very torn because this contour kit borders on a bronzing and highlighting kit. I feel like neutral to warmer toned people will be able to use it more as a contour palette whereas neutral to cool people will make better use of it as a bronzer palette. The contour shades aren't just overly warm, but they are warmer than what a typical contour powder should be, IMO. So, during the winter and spring, I use it as a bronzing and highlighting palette, and during the summer and fall, I use it as a contouring & highlighting palette. Longevity is great with this, and I've had no issues with it getting patchy and fading away. I've not had any issues with it causing irritation or breakouts. I've also had no issues with it causing any dryness or anything of that nature. Overall, these are pretty great. I think this would be perfect for someone just starting out with contouring and/or the person who just likes to keep it simple and quick. I am glad that I have these, but I don't think that I would repurchase, at least not right away, because I feel that there are much better options out there for my skintone and needs. This is great for the price though because you get a lot of product, 14 g, for $10. I would recommend giving this a try if it's easily accessible.

on 12/12/2015 7:44:00 AM

Nice contour shade, but the highlighter is a mess. The highlighting shade is too shimmery and there're a ton of fall out on my face. By the end of the day, my face is covered in glitters. Not a fan of it. I only use the contour shade. It's not the best that I have tried but it is worth the price.

on 7/15/2015 10:05:00 AM

I love how pigmented the bronzer is. Plus the highlighter's shade in the colour rose gold is just so complimenting on one's cheek bones! I use the colour light and it totally helps in complimenting my facial features.
You can check out more photos here: http://ireviewuread.com/post/124052393473/sleek-face-contour-kit-review

on 11/4/2014 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm asian, have a slightly 'darker shade of light' skin tone, and prefer the more natural make up look (one that is subtle, but still noticeable). This product has been good to me. Great pigmentation, even with a soft hand, making it more build-able. I purchased this in the palette "Light" and it's perfect for my skin tone.

I absolutely love this kit. I previously did not own any contour makeup and used eyeshadows to both contour and highlight so I was going to buy the Naked flushed palette until I discovered this which is basically the same thing (minus blush) and for a fraction of the price. I bought the light kit and I feel like the contour colour is the perfect shade for me even when I am wearing tan, it is natural and not orangey looking. As for the highlight, you only need a tiny bit of this product as it goes a long way, very shimmery and luminous everything a good highlight should be. I really love this product and will most definitely be buying it again.