Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

Filtered by hair type : Other
Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

4.5

on 6/7/2016 11:37:00 AM

First of all, I'm going to review the shades. I picked light because I'm kinda pale and when I applied it, I think it looks more like a bronzer instead of contour. I REALLY like the highlighter though. This is my first contour kit and tbh, I don't regret buying it. The contour is matte, while the highlight has shimmer in it, just what I was looking for im a highlighter. It's highly pigmented, so it takes a lot of blending to get the desired look. The packaging is really great, and it comes with a mirror which is really useful. I'm definitely gonna buy this again.

on 11/29/2015 8:06:00 PM

I have this in the shade 'Light' and I'm MAC's Nc25.

Amazing product, amazing value for money! The packaging is SO GOOD (ugh, I love Sleek's packagings). It has a big mirror, it's sleek indeed and very sturdy. Perfect. Can't believe this is drugstore priced.
Before I get on with the review, I'd like to mention that both of these products don't last very well on my skin. BUT you should know that nothing lasts on my skin unless it's stated as a specifically long wearing product, so take that with a grain of salt.

Let's start with the highlighter:
- It is a light pink-ish champagne shade, slightly frosty (not in a bad way, imo).
- The formula is nice, but not particularly 'creamy' and smooth (which, to be honest, you don't find very often in powder products, so it's fine).
- Pigmentation is how it should be for a fair skintone: not too intense, not too weak. I always use a more precise brush with this, like an eyeshadow blending brush, just because it packs more of a punch, but you can apply this very subtly if you wish (ie, using the Real Techniques Setting brush).
- I find this looks super natural on me. The shade is just right, and although it's very reflective, it looks seemless on the skin. It blends very easily and I don't find it emphasizes little bumps too much (I mean, it's a highlighter. It WILL highlight imperfections to some extent).
- It doesn't have awkward shimmer to it, unlike Mary Lou Manizer which looks so much more fake
- It's not the highlighter I would necessarily wear for a party, but for a more casual makeup: yes.
- Not very powdery at all.

The bronzer:
- It's a neutral (leaning cool) toned brown.
- It CAN look a tad muddy if you're pale. But it won't if you start slowly and build it up.
- Very pigmented, so make sure to go slow and tap off the excess. Nothing too scary, though.
- Completely matte!
- On me, personally, I prefer a more caramel toned bronzer in case I'm going for a naturally sunkissed look (like the Solar Powder from Soap and Glory, which I also reviewed). And because this is brown, I like this more as a sculpting kinda product. It's not as grey as some would wish, but it's definitely not warm.

This contour kit is so cost effective! I really like it, specially for travelling, and I do intend to repurchase it in the future (although I don't think I'll hit pan any time soon).

I'm not going to beat around the bush, I'm just going to say it....THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING! I have used this for years and love it.

I use the shade "light" which is perfect for my fair skin tone, the highlight that comes with the contour shade is gorgeous too - one of my favourite highlights.

This is such an affordable product, but it's such good quality for the price (6.49, I believe). The contour shade blend beautifully and it can be used very lightly to slightly contour the cheeks, or even just to bronze the face and makeup the face glow. But, you can also add more product and build it up WITHOUT it getting muddy - I've never experienced a muddy look whilst using this and believe me I have layered this up for a more intense look.

I just love how versatile the product is, it's fabulous for traveling and it's just super good quality for an affordable price. What more could you want?

Definitely grab yourself one of these if you're a beginner or are wanting something on a budget - this product has lasted me ages and I've only just bought a new one. Definitely a product where a little goes a long way.

Application tip: I use the Real Techniques 'contour brush' or the RT 'cheek brush' with this product and I love this combo.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

After constantly finding the Sleek Contour Kit sold out in store, I ordered it online, unable to resist after hearing so many rave reviews about it. I have the shade 'medium' and it suits my NC30 complexion just fine. I love how pigmented it is, I love the compact, no hassle, sleek (^_^) packaging, and I love the smooth texture.
It's a deep brown shade which can be used sparingly or heavily on medium skin tones, depending on how you like your contour. It's not orange at all, or muddy and looks very good once blended in. As for the highlight shade, it's a warm shimmery nude shade which looks very natural on deeper skin tones. It is very finely milled, so you won't get that awful glittery effect, just a pretty, warm glow. I really love the Sleek range for its affordable yet good quality and pigmented products, and I'm really glad to have got my hands on this contour kit as it is utterly brilliant.

on 5/31/2014 12:40:00 PM

I have this in light and it's so nice. It was the first bronzer/highlight set I bought, so I can't compare it to others, but I certainly like it!

I was afraid that the bronzer looked so dark and it would make my face look muddy, but it didn't. I just used a light hand with it and blend blend blend!

Although the highlighter is quite nice - finely milled and leaves a very flattering shimmery finish without any coarse glitter falling out, I find that it's slightly less easy to blend compared to the bronzer.

Overall I would recommend it, especially for beginners.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I've only bought this a few days ago, but I've completely fallen in love with this product!

It's just PERFECT!
Especially the bronzer. It's mat, pigmented, and dark with a slightly cool tone that perfect for conturing.

The highlighter is beautiful as well. Shimmery with a pink touch to it. Not as pigmented, but adds a beautiful natural glow to the cheekbone.

Can't recommend this enough!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

i got this in Light to use as a bronzer instead of a contour shade. On my NC30 skin, its alittle too dark as a bronzer. Maybe it'll be fine as a contour. I can still use it though but it makes my skintone alittle dull because its too dark. The highlight colour looks warm and peachy in the pan but on skin, it looks icy and quite white. Its also too shimmery for me. The shimmers are fine but not fine enough. I prefer the gleam effect and warmer highlights and did not like this.

The bronzer is matt, powder fine. I would have liked it if the shade were lighter. I love the huge mirror and slim compact.

I LOVE this! I own this in shade light and the contour and highlight colours are perfect. Both powders are so easy to blend... Even when I do a heavier contour for a night out, it's still so easy to work with.
The highlight gives a beautiful glow and makes you look very healthy.

on 3/24/2013 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

One of my fave inexpensive makeup products. I have this in the colour medium and this has been my go-to contour and highlight kit for over a year. The convenience and practicality of this is beyond amazing! I actually use the highlight to sometimes set my concealer lightly with a fan brush, it gives such a beautiful luminescence to the face not to mention the contour which doesn't look too harsh once applied on the skin. I highly recommend this, Sleek have nailed it.

on 8/13/2012 5:44:00 PM

Absolutely love this product!!
The packaging is small so can carry with me in my small make up bag
I'm in a shade Light .The bronzer is matt so perfect for contouring and the highlighter is better then any other I use( I probably tried all the highlightes that you can buy in Boots )
Will definitely buy again