Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

4.4

on 3/13/2017 9:17:00 AM

I have this kit in medium and the contour color is my go to contouring. It's just cool enough to mimic a real shadow even on my fairest skin during winter time. The medium would definitely be a option to look to if the light one is to warm for you, even with fair skin. The hight light is also good, but I rarely use it. Definitely a good purchase if you don't want to spend a lot of money to try out the contour trend.

on 7/12/2016 4:40:00 AM

I have this in light. The contour powder is matte and gives good shading. Personally I wish the powder had a even more cooler shade to it. The highlighter is awesome for everyday.

perfect

on 8/26/2015 3:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the perfect contour kit, I have the shade fair that is a really natural looking colour. It is matte and not orange looking at all. I even use it as a bronzer if I have a tan. It lasts such a long time as a little goes a long way. I apply the two colours with a real techniques setting brush and it works fantastic

on 7/27/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Overall, this is a brilliant 'drugstore' contour kit, one of the best ones out there. I own the shade 'light' and it is perfect for my pale complexion - not muddy, and no orange undertones!
The contour shade: this is a warm toned brown. It leans towards being quite powdery, but there isn't a lot of kick-back when you put your brush into it. It is fairly blendable, however you have to work with it. I imagine a slightly more creamy formula would blend more easily. As for the staying power, it's average, but it does fade after 5 hours or so, so if you want your contour to stay intense you might wanna take it with you for touch ups.
The highlight: this is a shimmery, champagne/ yellow highlight. It's not very pigmented, so should be fine on all skin tones. I shy away from glitter/ shimmer so tend to not use the highlight, but if lightly applied with a fan brush it can give a very beautiful, almost wet looking sheen.
Packaging: very nice and sturdy, my only problem is that it can be quite hard to open if you've got long nails! Also, because the product is quite powdery, if you're 'untidy' you might end up transferring the contour to the highlight or vice versa.
Overall, I will keep on re-purchasing this as it's a great contour kit for the price. Not sure if it can compete with other high end contours that have a more buttery formula (for less kick back and easy blending) but if you're on a budget, this is great!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've owned this product in the shade Light for about a year now, so I'm ready to give my full opinion on it!

First of all the color. The matte contour shade is on the red side of bronzer-shades, rather than on the orange or cool side. It works fine for my light skintone, but I wouldn't go for it if I was very fair. The highlighter is nice and pale, although it's quite glittery. Both shades has good color payoff.

I find it hard to apply the contour shade evenly. I don't know why, but it just seems to go on a bit patchy no matter what brush I use and no matter if I apply it on top of foundation or bare skin. The highlighter is a bit too glittery for my taste, but it doesn't actually look bad at all on the cheekbones. It's just not my favourite. I love the highlighter for the inner corners of my eyes though, it brightens very beautifully.

I really like the packaging, it's sleek and feels more expensive than it actually is. It's very compact but the mirror inside is big. Over all it's good value for money, but personally I won't repurchase.

on 8/7/2014 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

So, I don't know how they do it for $8 but this trumps my $25 theBalm Mary loumanizer, and $32 UD naked flushed palette both in color, longevity and consistency. I'm very pale (nc15 is too dark for me) and cool toned, so most contours are too ruddy and dark. I don't necessarily like subtle makeup, but I at least want it to blend. This is perfect. It's very buildable if you like dramatic contouring, but sweeps on very sheer. The highlighter is amazing and PERFECT for my skin, and it lasts all day with a satiny finish. I had my eye on the itcosmetics contour kit, but realized that honestly, no matter what it's like, it couldn't be better than this. I couldn't ask for a better contour/highlight duo. Paired with the coastal scents contour palette (about $20) this is all you'll ever need.

on 3/21/2014 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Living in the U.S. I found this in shade medium on eBay. Fair price, equivelent to the Sleek website. On my NC35 skin I find the contour less than natural looking- especially when slenderizing the nose. I'll stick with my Bobbi Brown Taupe eyeshadow for the nose area and Elf split pan of contour/highlighter for other areas of my face. I love the look created by chiseling the features.. but, it takes the right product shade to look totally natural. This was a miss for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

First of all - I got this in the color light. I have quite fair skin in the winter.

I think the highlighter is too glittery. I haven't really used it as I much more prefer MAC "Soft and Gentle" or NARS "Albatross".
I then find the contour color a bit too dark for my skin. Right now I would say I'm a MAC NC20. I think its too heavy and a bit too orangey on my skin. Not my favorite bronzer. But I tend to use it over Benefit "Hoola" bronzer sometimes to give a more defined look.

But overall I wasn't impressed by this contour kit.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product. Got it on medium just to be on the safe side and it's amazing. Use this everyday, also good for use as eyeshadows.