Sleek Contour Kit

Sleek Contour Kit

4.3

on 1/18/2017 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Good color and texture for both contour and highlight on my NC 43 skintone. Also beautiful, sleek packaging. But HOLY smokes, this breaks me out like crazy. I would really suggest you don't try this if you have acne prone skin. Its not even Oil-free; it has Jojoba oil.

I would only suggest to people not prone to breakouts.

on 12/6/2016 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought the Light, it's brown shade with reddish tone. Doesn't give a contour just a plain brown blush on. I prefer taupe or grayish or muted brown shade that subtly contours. Hard to find, the best i used was from MAC in Emote which was discontinued!

on 9/16/2016 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've never tried a high end contour product but this is the best priced one you're going to get. It isn't as orange as bronzer so it leaves a nice shadow effect. The pigmentation is really good and easy to blend.
The highlighter isn't much to scream about so i prefer using this just for the contour, but still a great product overall.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This contour palette is okay but when I used the contour shade and took a flash picture, it glared and made the powder look ashy. The highlighter gives me a really good glow and looks natural. However, it may just be me, but I can't open the kit sometimes. This was a gift but I will not be repurchasing this.

on 7/12/2016 4:40:00 AM

I have this in light. The contour powder is matte and gives good shading. Personally I wish the powder had a even more cooler shade to it. The highlighter is awesome for everyday.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have this in light. My skin is oily so i dust a bit of highlighter only. I love the contour since it's matte and doesnt make my face look dirty even if i go overboard with the contour at times.

on 6/7/2016 11:37:00 AM

First of all, I'm going to review the shades. I picked light because I'm kinda pale and when I applied it, I think it looks more like a bronzer instead of contour. I REALLY like the highlighter though. This is my first contour kit and tbh, I don't regret buying it. The contour is matte, while the highlight has shimmer in it, just what I was looking for im a highlighter. It's highly pigmented, so it takes a lot of blending to get the desired look. The packaging is really great, and it comes with a mirror which is really useful. I'm definitely gonna buy this again.

on 6/4/2016 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do like this product BUT not to contour. I have a warmer undertone (yellow) and a reddish contour shade just doesn't do it for me. So for that purpose I gave it 3 lippies. However it is very pigmented and the highlight is just up my alley as well. I have it in the medium shade, and it works for when my skin is tan and light (both "contour" shade and highlight.) When I am at my lightest and am in a rush I use this as a bronzer in the contour areas, to give a warmth to the face while still not going past the cheek bones, to give the appearance of a bit of a contour. When darker I use a big fluffy brush and use it to bronze. Highlight works for me during any season/any skin-tone.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This contour kit is unreal, especially for the price! The bronzing side is so creamy and blends like a dream and the highlighting side is so nice 😩 it's one of my everyday items and I'll repurchase for definite.

on 4/10/2016 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

(For reference, I'm nw25/dry skin) I've had this for a while now, around a year and a half at least, and I'm just now getting around to a review. I bought this Face Contour Kit in Light and Medium, from the Sleek Makeup website, because I was unsure which I'd need and because they were only $10 each. I'm really glad that I did buy both, because I prefer the contour shade from the medium palette and the highlighting shade from the light palette. This palette contains a duo of a matte contouring powder and a shimmer highlighting powder. The packaging is very sleek, sturdy, and pleasing to the eye, although nothing fancy. I do detect a very, very slight nice pleasing scent. The contour powder formula is very pigmented, silky soft, layers well, and blends out very easily. The highlight formula is very creamy soft, intensely pigmented, very glowy and shimmery with zero glitter, and can be soft or very intense depending on layers. Neither shades in either palettes feel gritty or chunky or anything of that nature. The light palette contour is a light warm chocolate, and the highlight is a soft neutral champagne glow. The medium palette contour is darker cool chocolate, and the highlight is a soft warm gold glow. I'm very torn because this contour kit borders on a bronzing and highlighting kit. I feel like neutral to warmer toned people will be able to use it more as a contour palette whereas neutral to cool people will make better use of it as a bronzer palette. The contour shades aren't just overly warm, but they are warmer than what a typical contour powder should be, IMO. So, during the winter and spring, I use it as a bronzing and highlighting palette, and during the summer and fall, I use it as a contouring & highlighting palette. Longevity is great with this, and I've had no issues with it getting patchy and fading away. I've not had any issues with it causing irritation or breakouts. I've also had no issues with it causing any dryness or anything of that nature. Overall, these are pretty great. I think this would be perfect for someone just starting out with contouring and/or the person who just likes to keep it simple and quick. I am glad that I have these, but I don't think that I would repurchase, at least not right away, because I feel that there are much better options out there for my skintone and needs. This is great for the price though because you get a lot of product, 14 g, for $10. I would recommend giving this a try if it's easily accessible.