Sleek Contour Kit

Sleek Contour Kit

4.2

on 6/21/2017 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this but everytime I contour my nose, it comes off more red than brown. When I contour my cheekbones, its redness is not as obvious but it's still red. Also, the highlight is ok, nothing amazing.

on 4/19/2017 2:18:00 AM

I will say overall that I think this is a good product, but I am looking for other contours now as I want something more cool-toned. I have this in "light."

I *can* use this as a contour, and it does work, but it is very pigmented and requires some semi-serious blending to look more natural. I think contour is more effective for me if it's a bit cool-toned. Although the contour in this kit isn't super warm-toned, it is warm enough that I would rather it be a (very pigmented) bronzer than a contour. I have neutral/warm skin.

The highlighter is nice but nothing spectacular.

I do like the packaging and that this kit is sturdy and travel-friendly. I will check out the "medium" palette as I see from other reviews that it may be cooler-toned.

on 1/18/2017 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Good color and texture for both contour and highlight on my NC 43 skintone. Also beautiful, sleek packaging. But HOLY smokes, this breaks me out like crazy. I would really suggest you don't try this if you have acne prone skin. Its not even Oil-free; it has Jojoba oil.

I would only suggest to people not prone to breakouts.

on 12/6/2016 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought the Light, it's brown shade with reddish tone. Doesn't give a contour just a plain brown blush on. I prefer taupe or grayish or muted brown shade that subtly contours. Hard to find, the best i used was from MAC in Emote which was discontinued!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this contour kit. The shade medium is perfect for my nc42 skin.

on 3/13/2017 9:17:00 AM

I have this kit in medium and the contour color is my go to contouring. It's just cool enough to mimic a real shadow even on my fairest skin during winter time. The medium would definitely be a option to look to if the light one is to warm for you, even with fair skin. The hight light is also good, but I rarely use it. Definitely a good purchase if you don't want to spend a lot of money to try out the contour trend.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have this in light. My skin is oily so i dust a bit of highlighter only. I love the contour since it's matte and doesnt make my face look dirty even if i go overboard with the contour at times.

on 9/16/2016 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've never tried a high end contour product but this is the best priced one you're going to get. It isn't as orange as bronzer so it leaves a nice shadow effect. The pigmentation is really good and easy to blend.
The highlighter isn't much to scream about so i prefer using this just for the contour, but still a great product overall.

on 7/12/2016 4:40:00 AM

I have this in light. The contour powder is matte and gives good shading. Personally I wish the powder had a even more cooler shade to it. The highlighter is awesome for everyday.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This contour palette is okay but when I used the contour shade and took a flash picture, it glared and made the powder look ashy. The highlighter gives me a really good glow and looks natural. However, it may just be me, but I can't open the kit sometimes. This was a gift but I will not be repurchasing this.