Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

Filtered by age: 19-24
Sleek MakeUP Face Contour Kit

4.3

I really wanted to try contouringbut not into the whole cream contour thing and didn’t want to spend alot incase it wasnt for me. I think this is a great drugstore kit, I have medium which is well suited for me NC40/sun beige! My only gripe is that the contour shade is a tad bit too red almost. Wish it was ashier. The highlight is a natural hilight for everyday- not a must have but it is nice never the less, has a peachy understone and is flattering. I won’t repurchase as I want a more ashier contour and this is slight warmer (but it still works!). Another issue is the contour is the slightest bit difficult to blend. This definately works well as a bronzer around the forehead. Lastly, love the packaging - sleek’s stuff is simple, professional and travel friendly. Won’t be repurchasing myself but I would reccomend anyhow

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this as a starter product- Like a lot of people, I bought it online cheap to play around with the idea of highlighting and contouring before buying anything significant as i'd never attempted it before. I bought it in 'light', surprisingly it wasn't too dark on me but it *is* too warm in the contour shade. It's a warm tone product for sure and i'm more a cool-neutral. The highlight is pretty decent though, I like the champagne sort of colour and still use it from time to time as it isn't too warm for my skin. Both last I'd say a good 6-7 hours without any fading which genuinely is good for the price. The pigmentation is also surprisingly good for the price, I have to be very gentle with the contour and when I first tried the highlighter for a night out I ended up looking like a very glam robot because I was so shimmery.
I'm now using the contour powder lightly as a bronzer, so it wasn't a waste but it won't be something staying in my collection. The packaging (like all the sleek powder products i've tried) is very sturdy, fits nicely in a handbag and has a really decent sized mirror. I've dropped this god knows how many times and neither the powder nor mirror shattered.

on 3/13/2017 9:17:00 AM

I have this kit in medium and the contour color is my go to contouring. It's just cool enough to mimic a real shadow even on my fairest skin during winter time. The medium would definitely be a option to look to if the light one is to warm for you, even with fair skin. The hight light is also good, but I rarely use it. Definitely a good purchase if you don't want to spend a lot of money to try out the contour trend.

on 9/16/2016 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've never tried a high end contour product but this is the best priced one you're going to get. It isn't as orange as bronzer so it leaves a nice shadow effect. The pigmentation is really good and easy to blend.
The highlighter isn't much to scream about so i prefer using this just for the contour, but still a great product overall.

on 6/7/2016 11:37:00 AM

First of all, I'm going to review the shades. I picked light because I'm kinda pale and when I applied it, I think it looks more like a bronzer instead of contour. I REALLY like the highlighter though. This is my first contour kit and tbh, I don't regret buying it. The contour is matte, while the highlight has shimmer in it, just what I was looking for im a highlighter. It's highly pigmented, so it takes a lot of blending to get the desired look. The packaging is really great, and it comes with a mirror which is really useful. I'm definitely gonna buy this again.

on 6/4/2016 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do like this product BUT not to contour. I have a warmer undertone (yellow) and a reddish contour shade just doesn't do it for me. So for that purpose I gave it 3 lippies. However it is very pigmented and the highlight is just up my alley as well. I have it in the medium shade, and it works for when my skin is tan and light (both "contour" shade and highlight.) When I am at my lightest and am in a rush I use this as a bronzer in the contour areas, to give a warmth to the face while still not going past the cheek bones, to give the appearance of a bit of a contour. When darker I use a big fluffy brush and use it to bronze. Highlight works for me during any season/any skin-tone.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This contour kit is unreal, especially for the price! The bronzing side is so creamy and blends like a dream and the highlighting side is so nice 😩 it's one of my everyday items and I'll repurchase for definite.

on 12/12/2015 7:44:00 AM

Nice contour shade, but the highlighter is a mess. The highlighting shade is too shimmery and there're a ton of fall out on my face. By the end of the day, my face is covered in glitters. Not a fan of it. I only use the contour shade. It's not the best that I have tried but it is worth the price.

on 11/29/2015 8:06:00 PM

I have this in the shade 'Light' and I'm MAC's Nc25.

Amazing product, amazing value for money! The packaging is SO GOOD (ugh, I love Sleek's packagings). It has a big mirror, it's sleek indeed and very sturdy. Perfect. Can't believe this is drugstore priced.
Before I get on with the review, I'd like to mention that both of these products don't last very well on my skin. BUT you should know that nothing lasts on my skin unless it's stated as a specifically long wearing product, so take that with a grain of salt.

Let's start with the highlighter:
- It is a light pink-ish champagne shade, slightly frosty (not in a bad way, imo).
- The formula is nice, but not particularly 'creamy' and smooth (which, to be honest, you don't find very often in powder products, so it's fine).
- Pigmentation is how it should be for a fair skintone: not too intense, not too weak. I always use a more precise brush with this, like an eyeshadow blending brush, just because it packs more of a punch, but you can apply this very subtly if you wish (ie, using the Real Techniques Setting brush).
- I find this looks super natural on me. The shade is just right, and although it's very reflective, it looks seemless on the skin. It blends very easily and I don't find it emphasizes little bumps too much (I mean, it's a highlighter. It WILL highlight imperfections to some extent).
- It doesn't have awkward shimmer to it, unlike Mary Lou Manizer which looks so much more fake
- It's not the highlighter I would necessarily wear for a party, but for a more casual makeup: yes.
- Not very powdery at all.

The bronzer:
- It's a neutral (leaning cool) toned brown.
- It CAN look a tad muddy if you're pale. But it won't if you start slowly and build it up.
- Very pigmented, so make sure to go slow and tap off the excess. Nothing too scary, though.
- Completely matte!
- On me, personally, I prefer a more caramel toned bronzer in case I'm going for a naturally sunkissed look (like the Solar Powder from Soap and Glory, which I also reviewed). And because this is brown, I like this more as a sculpting kinda product. It's not as grey as some would wish, but it's definitely not warm.

This contour kit is so cost effective! I really like it, specially for travelling, and I do intend to repurchase it in the future (although I don't think I'll hit pan any time soon).

on 9/1/2015 10:18:00 PM

Great Bronzer, useless highlight.

I have mixed feeling about this product and "would you buy it again" question..

* Shade: Medium (I wanted it to be dark on me as i use it for all over bronzer)

PROS

1. Great MATTE bronzer. Matte to the bones, no shimmer.
2. PIGMENTED. Careful fair skin ladies, once you put it you might not be able to take it off.
3. TON of product. More than a year and not even close to finish (of couse, i dont use it every day)
4. Travel friendly. I dont think this can ever broke. Fits everywhere.

CONS/PACKAGING

1. Small. I order everything online and pretty much everything looks way bigger in pictures. For reference, this fits my palm without reaching the fingers.

2. Highlighter is:

A) Not finely milled, not pigmented enough, chalky, standard drugstore highlight fail.
B) Too close to the bronzer to the point that the few times i've used it, it has left residues in the bronzer side.

3. Sleeks "all black everything" policy with packaging. This is a black case, with barely noticeable "sleek" letters. Looks extremely generic, opaque black, could be anything but makeup. Not vanity friendly.

Overall: I wish the bronzer was on its own, was bigger package and was see through. If you are looking for a MATTE drugstore bronzer, get it girl. If you care about pretty packaging or already have 1000 bronzes, dont do it. Wont make a difference in your life.