100%
package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

This is one of my all-time favorite lipsticks, and it is so easy to wear. I love the finish and the wear, and it feels great on the lips as well. The packaging is simple and nice. I bought this from the UK Illamasqua website, and while I do wish that their products were easier to access in the US, it is still worth the extra effort and shipping because the formula and color range are amazing.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

from

5 years ago

Illamasqua knows how ot select nice shades. This is the best red I have tried! The undertone is perfect on my NC35. So perfect that I wear it as a stain during the day and it is sooo nice. I also have Maneater and I couln't tell the difference between both, they looks so similar when swatched, but Maneater have an undertone that bring out a tiny bit of bluishness around my mouth, not Sangers

About reviewer (218 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

from

5 years ago

To be perfectly honest, I bought Sangers because I’m still looking for a dupe for MAC’s long-discontinued “Powerhouse.” <br> Sangers is not that dupe, but it’s loveably gorgeous in its own right. <br> Why do I love thee, Sangers? <br> I love thee because you are true red, not pink, not blue-ish, not burgundy, not orange, not rose, but RED, and you look that way on NW15 me, without going fuchsia in that annoying way that too many “red” lipsticks do. Illamasqua describes Sangers’ color as “blood red,” and that’s pretty accurate, though, at least to me, Sangers is brighter than that description implies. It’s a beautiful balance – a no-doubt-about-it true red that’s deep enough to be classy, but bright enough to make a statement. Sangers may tend to be a tiiiny bit on the warm side, but not enough to bother even an orange-phobe such as I. In fact, this warmish tendency may be what enables Sangers to look lusciously red instead of infuriatingly fuchsia on me, so I’m certainly not going to complain.<br> And, Sangers, I love you for your texture – not especially moisturizing, but comfortable to wear, with a bit of balm underneath. This lipstick is what I’d call a “velvet,” since it boasts a matte-but-not-flat finish, generous pigmentation without looking or feeling heavy or chalky, and admirable wear. I put a red stain underneath, just to be absolutely sure I don’t get the “red-ring effect” after drinking or eating, but for this kind of color, I’d be willing to do touch-ups. <br> Sangers, I also love your sleek, serviceable packaging, though packaging is really not that important to me. The black plastic tube looks chic and feels sturdy and substantial. <br> Last, but far from least, Sangers, I love that I can buy and wear you happily, because you’re made by a cruelty-free company. <br> The only things I might change are your price (> $20) and your very limited availability here in the U.S. I got my Sangers from eBay, but I think asos.com, which I’m pretty sure has a U.S. site, carries at least some Illamasqua products. <br> I definitely plan on buying Sangers again, one way or another, when necessary.

About reviewer (847 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This is the perfect classic red. Would suit all skin tones and is quite bright. This is the first bright red that I like on me since anything too coral looks awful. I tend to apply it just by gently dabbing the lippy directly onto my lips because I hate using brushes. It can feather a little if I don't use lipliner but not to the point where it'd be noticeable if you didn't look closely. This is my first matte lipstick and It's not as drying as I expected it to be. Just a bit of lip balm underneath sorts it out which isn't a big deal since I always put on lip balm before lipstick anyway. I dab it on for daytime and swipe it on at night (it is super opaque). I got it half price so definitely worth my money but I'd probably buy it again if I become super attached to the colour.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I love Illamasqua lipsticks they're always so bold and don't dry out my lips which is what I hate about MAC lipsticks. I was at the Trafford Centre last Christmas when I first saw this product, the MUA at Illamasqua put this on me and I fell in love, and not just with this lipstick but the entire brand as this was my first buy from there. I absolutely love the colour its very much like a vintage pin up red colour which I love. Its very rare I'm seen without this lipstick on as its pretty much my signature lipstick. The staying powder is amazing, I usually put it on at 8am and it doesn't start wearing off until around 4pm but I still carry it around in my bag just incase! Once this runs out I will definitely be buying a new one but I don't think that will happen any time soon as I still have loads left and I've had it since December!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I tend to gravitate to pinks when I look for lip products, but I do love the occasional red- it's my confidence colour! That said, I have very pale skin, cool undertones, dark hair- orange reds are out. Sangers is cool enough to be very wearable for me even in its intensity; it reads neutral on me. It's very pigmented so even a light amount gives a bold colour, but I don't feel it ever becomes OTT, perhaps because of the finish. The formula is by no means moisturising so those with dryer lips may not love it, but for me a little balm underneath made it comfortable to wear for several hours (and it wore very well). The packaging is lightweight but looks pretty good, and I find it easy to use, though some may prefer round tubes to square. It leaves some staining on the lips but it comes off soon enough. The price point is high, but not so high I wouldn't splurge on one every now and then- and I got Sangers at around half price, as it's currently in the sales!

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I don't live in the US, instead I live in the UK now so I hope those in the US will soon be able to order Sangers because as strong and intimidating as it looks, I found it wearable and yet still with plenty of oomph and attitude! It's beautiful. I bought Sangers, only because I walked into the Illamasqua shop in London and asked them what red lipstick did they recommend for my skintone, and the MUA in there said ‘The new one called Sangers’. I did try it on in the shop with my own MAC Mahogany lip pencil, which is one of my faves, and it was perfect. I bought the Sangers lipstick and wore the lipstick all day and got nothing but good glances from men and women, double takes, and a lot of respect. I'm an NC45 by the way. UPDATE: Others on MUA have said that Illamasqua's lipsticks appear fragile as if they're going to break off from the base, and then you'll drop it and lose it somewhere, and I have to admit that I see where the others are coming from. My Sangers lipstick now looks like it's leaning a bit in the tube yet it's not broken...yet. Be careful overall with Illamasqua's lipsticks then, and don't twist them up too high. My three other lipsticks from Illamasqua are fine so far, but this Sangers one is my newest one from this brand and it does look like it's broken in its tube already. Weird.

About reviewer (235 reviews)

Age