Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Petal Pusher 736

Price: $

on 6/21/2017 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love this palette. It's definitely had a learning curve and needs a bit of work around though. All the shadows are shimmery, but the shimmer doesn't adhere well to the skin, so they are prone to lots of fall out. It usually not as bad if I tap the brush off before applying to my eyes. These work best with synthetic brushes, Real Techniques in particular. I've had others from elf, coastal scents, wet n wild brushes, but none of them pick up and hold the shadow and apply the shadow with full colour payoff as Real Techniques brushes. I have to go really light hand especially with the darker shades, they surely pack a punch and can look like a bruise if I'm not careful. All colors in the palette are of different shades and tones of purple and violets, they vary enough to not blend into one muddy shade yet still compliment each other beautifully. Plus, I have yellow-olive undertones and brown eyes, so these just pop on me like no other. Even the top left shade that people say is a white that does nothing is a sheeny, duochrome white with nearly metallic lilac shift on me, which works as a really eye catching pop on the lid. My lids are very thin and veiny, as well as being oily and hooded monolids, so I always use them over a base but honestly the pigmentation of them doesn't need help. They do crease and fade on me without primer, only after a few hours in a very hot, humid day; with primer they last through a hurricane without fading or creasing, but I still get the shimmer fall out at the end of the day. The shimmer in these shadows are nice and fine though, so thankfully they're not noticeable. My favorite shade is the eyelid shade on the right, it's a brown mauve with subtle gold shimmer running through it, perfect as an all over the lid color, and the crease colour right below it. They're just the kind of purple tones that I like, the others work just fine but they're more blue-pink based and cool tones, while I prefer the slightly burgundy, cranberry tone and muted mauve. I actually bought this palette after watching many tutorials from gorgeous people is much deeper skin tones but similar undertones to me (the undertones of light skin people often get lost in the bright lighting), so I'm sure with a primer these would turn out just fine on darker skin tones. I just bought the Comfort Zone, the quality of both palettes are the same, but I doubt I'll grow to love it more than Petal Pusher, because the purple tones flatter me so nicely. It's a great drugstore palette overall, despite being a rather old release. If you're willing to work a little, pick it up before WetnWild suddenly decides to discontinue it one day. This is the best drugstore purple shadows that I have, even over the NYX shadows I'm so partial to. WetnWild just did these purples right.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love pink and violet eye shadows, and actually I liked this one better than popular Comfort Zone (its undertones are too earthy). Petal Pusher eye shadows are soft and nice, easy to pick up with the brush. They stay for a long time and then gradually fade away. Some of the colors are satin and some are straight shimmer. I didn't really like the darker colors.
The price is wow! 4.99 for so many colors, and most of them are a very good quality. If you like purple/violet eye shadows, definitely check out the palette. Will be perfect for cool tone ladies.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The crease color on the right looks nothing like it does in the pan. Sort of a purplish gray. Not what I had in mind at all. I returned it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Most of the shades work nice with a good primer underneath, except the two last shades on the right, which are just a black shadow with tons of shimmer that fall off with application. Those shadows just end up looking like carbon on the eyes. With the rest of the palette you can create beautiful looks if you work carefully. The shadows are velvety soft and pigmented but they have a lot of kickup when swiping the brush. Have a makeup towelette ready to remove the glitter fallout after doing your makeup, I best advice you do foundation and concealer after doing your eye makeup with this product.
The purples are STUNNING and the lighter shades have a duochrome effect to them. Not a bad purchase for five bucks!

on 10/14/2016 10:07:00 AM

I like it a lot. I have green eyes so purples/pinks/violets are the best for me. It's pigmented and stays on well (with primer)
The only downside is that two of the colors are very very glittery and almost impossible to use unless you're going to a Xmas party.
That's too bad because 4 out of 6 shades are matte and nice. But for 5$, it's a very good buy.

When Wet'n'Wild came out with their new color icon palettes I waited a while before trying them. The first one that I tried was the Blue had me at Hello (which has been discontinued D: ). Then I tried the more neutral palette Comfort zone. I love both of the aforementioned palettes. I've rated both of those five lippies. I finally got this third purple one and expected the same great quality from the other two. But this palette is not good. I really do not like it.

A majority of the colors have pigmentation issues or texture issues. There are two colors I liked out of the eight. I like the 2nd shade down on the left side(satin/matte pale purple) and the first shade on the right (light frosty pink). But every other color is a miss.

The first shade on the left is a light white shade that had barely any pigmentation and felt like chalk.
The two bottom purples had very little color to them.
On the right side there is a beautiful reddish copper color I want to love. But it's so patchy and I have weird fading issues with it.
The dark purple color is super hard pressed and has a bad texture.
The last shade is a dark grey and is pigmented but is also patchy.

Wet'n'Wild has come out with good purple shadows before. I know they can make them. This was just a miss for me. Sometimes WnW gets it right but in this case I'd say save your five dollars. I couldn't get this to work for me.

on 7/20/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great palette! The colors are beautiful. They blend easily and really make my blue eyes pop. I am new to purples and I was pleasantly surprised by what these shades do for me! The texture is really nice - smooth and soft. They do not crease at all and the colors wear amazingly well, from early in the morning until late at night - the colors do not budge! For the price, it's a major wow.

on 5/2/2016 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I don't know why I bought this. I have a ton of purple MAC shadows. The formula is a little powdery and doesn't have the best pigmentation and because of that, it can end up looking muddy. It's difficult to get purple shadows right, so it's always advisable to buy higher end when you want good purple pigmentation. I am also not too fond of the highlight shades as they're not bright enough for me. I have medium skin tone and those don't really work for me. Overall, this one isn't so great. I also own the WNW eight shadow palette in Poster Child (the brighter color combination), and in my opinion, that one is so much better than this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Beautiful set of pink, purple, black, and burgundy-ish shades from light to dark. They pair together well and are so smooth/pigmented. This is a must if you love a purple smokey eye!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This surprised me! I saw this on clearance at Walgreens for $2.00. I was purchasing for one specific shade in the palatte. You cannot beat this palatte for the price. It is not pure pigment like an Urban Decay or Too Faced Palatte. But it works. Not chalky or gritty, they are good shadows. Great for beginners and for people who just don't want to spend alot on makeup.