LORAC Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Other
LORAC Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara
Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening MascaraMultiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening MascaraMultiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening MascaraMultiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening MascaraMultiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara

3.4

on 5/14/2016 7:02:00 AM

The wildly ranging reviews make me wonder if faulty batches of this mascara were sold...and I think I got a bad one.

As several others have said, my experience with this mascara also was that it is very watery, very black, and simply weighed down my lashes without providing any length or volume. Kind of more like just a wet lash tint rather than a mascara. It is surprising to see others say this mascara provided length and curl...from what I got I cannot imagine how anyone's lashes would be lengthened or curled by this formula. I even tried it using a lash primer first (which gave a slight curl to my lashes), and this mascara just weighed down my primed lashes so they were pretty much straight and pointed downward.

The brush is nice though...it is a soft plastic or rubber, smallish bristles and nicely curved.

Too bad the formula was so disappointing!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this product because I generally love Lorac products, and I loved the results. It is now my every day mascara because its not too dramatic but it separates and defines PERFECTLY. Its true, the formula is much more watery than normal mascaras, but I personally like that because its smoother to apply and creates no clumps. The color is a beautiful dark black.The reason why I gave it 4 lips is because it doesn't really give much volume, therefore it doesn't really do what it promises. HOWEVER, my lashes have felt much thicker since I started using this product. The plastic bristles caught me off guard but I'm now a fan of them because they don't waste any product. If you want super full dramatic lashes, not for you. If you're looking for a defined, every day look, this is for you :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product IS very similar to UD's Supercurl mascara, as another person mentioned. In fact, if you put the wands side by side, they look almost exactly the same. Both separate, lift, and volumize my short and sparse Asian lashes very well without clumping or flaking. LORAC is $2 more than UD at $22, but holds slightly more product (.43 oz vs. UD's .3 oz). I think both are sorta misnomers - I actually think LORAC adds more lift and curl while the UD adds more volume and thickness to my lashes. But these differences are very slight. I'd repurchase both of them for sure- HGs for me.

on 6/7/2012 10:33:00 PM

Terrible mascara? No. But whoever at LORAC decided this was volumizing should lose their job. Maybe they just don't sell as many mascaras with lengthening in the name, but this is about as far from a volumizing mascara as I've ever seen. My lashes look thin and spidery. Slightly enhanced from my natural lashes, but for a $22 product, nowhere near enhanced enough to cut it. Really hate this, unfortunately. Packaging is great though. I like the curved brush and the reflective silver.

Luckily, I got this as part of the Close Up set for $39 and really love every product in it besides this. If I had spent $22 on this outside of the set, I'd be returning for sure. Overall, just one more expensive mascara to convince me high-end brands simply can't do anything with mascara that drugstore brands can't also do. I'm sticking with my <$10 drugstore brands that at least actually thicken my lashes. Will not buy again!

This mascara is spectacular. It has a curved comb-like brush that separates and lengthens all the while adding a great amount of volume. It's a fantastic formula and I have never had any problems with smudging of crumbling.

However, like other reviewers, I wasn't thrilled at first. I generally prefer a fuller brush, and this thin, curved one took some getting used to. At first my lashes came out spidery and clumpy because I hadn't learned to properly align it with my eye. The key is to look-up and align it with the curve of your lashes, begin from the bottom of your lash line. If it doesn't jive with you right away, keep tweaking you application and give it a second chance because it really is worth it!