LORAC Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
LORAC Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara
Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening MascaraMultiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening MascaraMultiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening MascaraMultiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening MascaraMultiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara

3.9

on 3/14/2015 10:18:00 PM

I don't usually write reviews. After 34 years of searching high end, drugstore, tons of fiber mascaras, THIS IS MY HG!
It's a fiber mascara. A few tries, & you'll get the hang of it. I'm a crier. It's not waterproof, but it doesn't run. It removes w oily or non-oily makeup remover. It doesn't smudge if you cheat & sleep in it. The color is dark & the wand is perfectly curved and not so long it hits my nose.
I wear long wear disposable contacts. Never a problem. No scent to it. Oily lids & no smudging. I LOVE IT!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I wish there was a 'maybe' for if i would repurchase this. its no where NEAR my favorite mascara which is MUFE smoky extravagant mascara.

I love the curve and length of the wand, you can really get those tiny lashes in the inner corner of the eye most wands miss. it separates lashes well but thats not what i care about, i like thick and bold and long. overall its a nice mascara look.

-----

EDIT!!!!! I love love love this mascara. Its such an amazing mascara and buildable

for several years I have used the volume shocking mascara and since it has been discontinued I have scoured the earth for something close and this is it. It goes on lovely and only needs a few coats. So far I have no problem with flaking and thats a big issue with me since I wear contacts a lot and hate waterproof mascara. This washes off very easily as well. I only gave it a 4 because I wish it did a little more on the volume but as far as length is concerned, its a 10.

This mascara is spectacular. It has a curved comb-like brush that separates and lengthens all the while adding a great amount of volume. It's a fantastic formula and I have never had any problems with smudging of crumbling.

However, like other reviewers, I wasn't thrilled at first. I generally prefer a fuller brush, and this thin, curved one took some getting used to. At first my lashes came out spidery and clumpy because I hadn't learned to properly align it with my eye. The key is to look-up and align it with the curve of your lashes, begin from the bottom of your lash line. If it doesn't jive with you right away, keep tweaking you application and give it a second chance because it really is worth it!

on 2/21/2012 7:47:00 PM

This mascara is now one of my absolute favorites. I'm also a nurse and this stays put! Usually mascaras tend to smudge on me but this one doesn't. I got this in the Red Carpet kit (which is an absolute steal). Also, the application is tricky at first and when I didn't know how to do it, it came out all clumpy and ugly. But then I figured out that the curve has to align with your eye. So for everyone who probably didn't like this, that might be the reason why. Once you get it, your lashes come out neat, long, curvy and volumized! It's absolutely amazing !!!

Definitely a new HG mascara for me.

on 2/9/2012 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a person who has been on the hunt for a good everyday mascara. One that won't run or smudge or clump together, and one that gives me volume and length without a clumpy mess. I have finally found one!!! I am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts. My biggest problem was that every mascara I had would run giving me horrible dark cirlces under my eyes at the end of the day. I tried many waterproof mascara's thinking this would help (wrong). I got the Lorac red carpet day/night look kit with this mascara in it, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. This mascara stays on and stays put, it thickens enough without being clumpy, dries quick enough so it doesn't get all over my eyes, but is totally buildable. I'm usuasally not a fan of those rubber bristles or a curved wand, but this mascara completely changed my mind. Glad to have finally found a mascara that can stand up to my crazy schedule and prevent raccoon eyes at the end of the day!

on 1/28/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I want to love this, I really do. My lashes are naturally full and long, and when using this, they look amazing! But it inevitably clumps, runs and deposits bits of color as the day/night goes on.

I am the girl in the photos with the green eyes and the close up of the curved brush. As you can see it lengthens very well and separates lashes. I wish it gave more volume though, so I might try it with a primer or a different brush. Its extremely black and holds a curl well, although my lashes arent stick straight either. Once its on, it stays put, I didnt experience any flaking even on the lower lashes. It was free with a $25 lorac purchase from ulta, but I dont know if Id get this again. I want a mascara that volumizes a little more.

on 4/26/2011 8:40:00 PM

I got the 100 pt sample of this from Sephora. I checked out the reviews and was excited to see the raves. I wish I could rave, but unfortunately I can't. When I applied the mascara it totally weighed my lashes down and took the curl right out. Then I wound up with raccoon eyes because the formula took FOREVER to dry! I honestly haven't had that happen even with cheapo mascaras...boo! I don't know why I stray from Lancome.
*edit* I now love this mascara! I think w/every mascara there is a learning curve with the formula. For this particular mascara, I curl and then start applying at the ends of my lashes very lightly. I then give it a minute to dry and coat again (normally from base to ends).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this solely on the MUA reviews. I was super excited, as I am very picky about mascara. Well....the brush was great and it lengthened my last somewhat. However, no volume at all!! I used it three times to make sure before returning it. And at $23, very pricey for an average mascara. For now, I'm going back to my MAC Haute and Naughty, but still searching for the perfect mascara.