LORAC Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara

LORAC Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara
Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening MascaraMultiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening MascaraMultiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening MascaraMultiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening MascaraMultiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara

3.7

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

LORAC isn't known for there outstanding mascaras. But, I saw this cool looking tube @ Ulta and wanted to try it out. This mascara claims to do it all - curl, lengthen, separate and give volume. I'm not one for the natural eye lash look, I love big fake looking lush lashes and thought this would be ideal. I really like this mascara. It does do it all with the exception of giving massive volume. It does give some volume with three coats though. I did love how this mascara gave my lashes incredible length, separation and without any clumps. You can really layer this to infinity without clumping! Also, this is a very wet formula but somehow doesn't smudge. The brush itself is curved with the new trend of plastic bristles. This mascara only comes in black. I did find that this is a nice rich saturated black. Another great quality is that this doesn't burn my eyes and it doesn't have a strong smell. Another great perk, if you buy this @ Ulta now, you get a free mini tube as well! This mascara retails for $22.00(US).

on 2/7/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i got this mascara today as a sample size at ulta and i love ittttt .....

on 2/14/2011 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried sooooo many mascaras. I was introduced to this product by a cute, beautifully made up lady at ulta. She told me a little about it and I believed her.
After trying it on myself I knew she was right. It's a verrry close tie for me between this amazing mascara and UD supercurl curling mascara. They're both very simular, but are my new favorites!

on 3/2/2011 7:52:00 PM

Made a visit to Sephora, tried it on one eye with a disposable brush, and noticed that the eyelashes were like KAPOW! It was such a stark difference from having no mascara on, so I knew I had to apply it on the lashes on my other eye.

It doesn't go on thick, it doesn't add volume or make you look like you have thicker lashes than you already have, but they definitely look curlier and much much longer, thus being way more noticeable.

Update** I wore this mascara all day and the lashes remained listed and separated looking. It also did not smear under my eyes after a good 12 hours. So I upped my rating from a 4 to a 5.

I think this a decent mascara. It's not my favorite mascara I've ever tried but I really like the curved brush. I also like it on my lower lashes. I don't think it's worth the price, in my opinion, but it's an okay product.

I got this free from Sephora as a perk with those points you rack up. Anyway, it's a surprisingly good mascara, but I don't like it quite as much as my HG Faux Cils by YSL.

The Lorac mascara is a very dramatic, dark black. It's actually a BLACK black, so it would look good in the evening as well as the day. It also has a very "wet" formulation compared to other mascaras I've tried and takes a bit to dry. Upon application, it doesn't clump hardly at all--lashes really do end up looking separated and nice. The mascara does add a lot of length but IMO not quite as much volume as Faux Cils. It doesn't crumble throughout the day, either.

My only issue with it is that it doesn't seem to hold a curl as well as Faux Cils does. I curl my lashes and apply the Lorac mascara, but my lashes look a bit wilted within 10-15 minutes, requiring me to curl them again. After a second curl, my lashes more or less stay that way. However, after curling a second time, the nice separated, organized look disappears--curling AFTER application causes lashes to stick together and look weird and unkempt; this doesn't happen with Faux Cils.

Overall, this is a decent mascara, but I don't think I'd repurchase for full price after it runs out, since I'd rather just stick with my Faux Cils.

Got a sample of this mascara with an online order from Sephora and am now considering purchasing! I have tried dozens upon dozens of mascara from high-end (Dior, YSL, Tarte, Smashbox, Lancome, and the list goes on...) to drugstore and this mascara is one of the best if not THE best I have ever tried. It stays on all day and doesn't flake at all. It almost gives too much length (if that is possible), as I prefer volume more than length. Still, I am looking for a new mascara and I want to try Lancome Hypnose Custom Volume next, but if that doesn't do it for me, then this one is it! Love it!
EDIT: I changed my rating from a 5 to a 4 since I realized that by having to put several coats of this mascara on to achieve the desired volume, my lashes were a little hard. If you want LENGTH and definition, I would definitely try this out, but for volume (even though that's what this mascara was made for) you may find yourself wanting something with more substance.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this solely on the MUA reviews. I was super excited, as I am very picky about mascara. Well....the brush was great and it lengthened my last somewhat. However, no volume at all!! I used it three times to make sure before returning it. And at $23, very pricey for an average mascara. For now, I'm going back to my MAC Haute and Naughty, but still searching for the perfect mascara.

on 4/26/2011 8:40:00 PM

I got the 100 pt sample of this from Sephora. I checked out the reviews and was excited to see the raves. I wish I could rave, but unfortunately I can't. When I applied the mascara it totally weighed my lashes down and took the curl right out. Then I wound up with raccoon eyes because the formula took FOREVER to dry! I honestly haven't had that happen even with cheapo mascaras...boo! I don't know why I stray from Lancome.
*edit* I now love this mascara! I think w/every mascara there is a learning curve with the formula. For this particular mascara, I curl and then start applying at the ends of my lashes very lightly. I then give it a minute to dry and coat again (normally from base to ends).

on 4/26/2011 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This mascara does everything i wanted to do. Curls nicely as well as volume and it doesnt clump!! after i dont know how many mascaras i've gotten this one separates and no clumps. This is my new fav and will continue to purchase this!