Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

Boots  No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation
Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte foundationNo7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

Water Cyclopentasiloxane Phenyl Trimethicone Alcohol Denat Nylon 6/12 Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate 5 Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane Zinc Oxide Titanium Dioxide 1.6 Disteardimonium Hectorite Magnesium Sulfate PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone Tocopheryl Acetate Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate Propylene Carbonate Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer Salicylic Acid Aluminum Hydroxide Phenoxyethanol Lens Esculenta Fruit Extract Stearic Acid Triethoxycaprylylsilane Retinyl Palmitate Ascorbyl Glucoside Potassium Hydroxide Isopropyl Palmitate Methylparaben Lecithin Ethylparaben Tetrasodium EDTA Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol Ethylhexylglycerin Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract BHT Tocopherol /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 11/16/2016 7:17:00 AM

My all time favourite foundation. I came across this foundation a few years back at a friends house after forgetting my own. As we have the same skin type and colour (calico), the foundation was a perfect match. It offers almost an airbrushed finish, medium to full coverage and feels like you're wearing nothing. The bottle comes with a pump and is made of plastic which makes it super ideal for travelling. I lived in Australia for a couple of years and the foundation wasn't ideal for the warm, humid climate, so I forgot about it, but rediscovered it when I moved back to Europe and I'm so glad it's back in my makeup bag. Could not recommend the foundation enough!!

on 10/22/2016 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love everything about this product except the color selection. I am a NC30 in MAC for reference and I purchase this boots foundation in cool ivory. This shade looks so ashy on my skin, every time I wear it I look like I haven't seen the sun in months! So I always ended up using a good amount of blush and bronzer when I use this foundation. All the other shades were either too dark and just as cool/ashy. Overall, good coverage and definitely kept my oily skin controlled throughout most of the day. It is better at oil control than a lot of my high end foundations (stila, MUFE, MAC), however the color is just ugly on me. Wish they would make more color selections. Since it's almost fall and winter where I live, I don't need the oil control as bad so I ended up not reaching for this foundation as much.

on 9/15/2016 8:14:00 AM

Have this foundation for about 6 months. Was recommended to me by shop assistant. I have oily t zone , with rosacea on my cheeks and dryness around my eyes and I needed new full coverage foundation. The price is very good comparing to other brands. She used the colour match device on me but it actually picked the wrong shade.. So be careful don't only go by this! The shade we selected in the end is perfect. It is very easy to blend and easy to apply , you need 1 pump for every day use and 2 pump if you like it a bit heavier. The only downside for me that it goes oily quiet quickly so you constantly need to fix it with compact powder. 4/5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation! It was actually recommended to me by a Boots employee after I asked if they could point me towards the Revlon counter so I could repurchase my Colourstay (which was previous my HG). Price wise, it's a couple of quid more than the Colourstay, so not too bad in that sense, but for a drugstore foundation, £14.50 is certainly not cheap. However, what is good is that if you've ever shopped at a Boots, you always end up collecting "£3 off No.7 makeup" vouchers all the time, so you can get it on offer.
I asked the No7 employee if she could match me, and from what I could tell, the mid range to deeper skin tones looked like there was a lot of variety, I think there's 14 shades. But, pale folk, good luck. I was lucky enough that the lightest shade (I was matched with Calico) is pretty much the same as Buff from Revlon, so it matches me nicely in the sense that it doesn't wash me out, though I do have to blend a lot to get it to look like a natural transition from neck to face.
The texture of this is really nice, where it succeeds is that it doesn't dry out your skin at all. I have acne, and often the areas around it are dry and nasty, and exfoliating can only do so much, right? So this doesn't emphasise dryness, which I think RC does a lot. I love that there's a pump, and mostly, I love that the mechanism inside the bottle pushes the product up as you use it, so it is very, very clear how much you've used, and how much you have left. It also means you don't have to shake the product, or tip it upside down/pump it loads because the product is already at the top and is compact enough that it won't separate. I actually think that it's genius, and every foundation should have a feature like this!
I do find if I don't powder this, I get a lot of transfer on my glasses and if I touch oiler areas of my face, but a bit of setting powder does help. I find that it controls my oil for about 8 hours, which is good because I don't like wearing foundation for more than 8 hours anyway. It looks very natural, whilst giving great coverage over redness. Pores look minimised, textured areas appear softened.
The price and shade range is a small price to pay, in my eyes, for a great foundation.
I've seen a lot of people complain about the smell. It doesn't bother me so much, but I would say it does smell somewhat like Play-dough. It does fade, and I only ever smell it if I actually sniff the product, so it doesn't bother me.
Finally, this is hypoallergenic, which is fantastic because it means it doesn't break me out, it doesn't worsen blackheads or spots/acne, and it's very gentle on the skin. No.7 did a really good job in my opinion.
Would I recommend this over the Revlon Colourstay? It depends. If you're skin is more on the combo side, then definitely get a hold of this over RC, but is you're super oily, I'd pick RC. RC has more shades too, one lighter than No.7 and a lot, lot deeper too, so if you're very deep, or very, very pale, maybe check RC first.
I think it's a frontrunner, and for me, is my new HG. Highly recommend this for younger, combo/oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first foundation I have purchased.The match made service was brilliant, the foundation matches my skin tone perfectly. Coverage is light to medium, I still needed quite a bit of concealer to cover my spots and scars.(I also purchased the concealer as it was half price). As I have oily skin,the foundation did begin to disappear after a few hours but overall,it was a decent foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am on my second bottle of this foundation - so clearly I loved the first bottle: even + full coverage, matte skin for hours, easy application due to its creamy texture and the pump built in to the container that is much more efficient than most other liquid foundation packaging. However, something weird has been happening with this second bottle that leaves me questioning whether I can even use this product anymore: The foundation began sinking into the pores of my nose and cheeks, making them more obvious and much larger than they naturally are!! Plus, after having blended the foundation all over my face for literally 20-25 minutes, there were patches of powdery, dried foundation on my forehead, eyebrows and cheeks, with the other areas of my face seeming to not have anything there. This has happened more than once since I purchased this second bottle.

So I am going to try different application tools (brush, sponge, fingers, etc.) as well as different primers and moisturizers, in hopes this will bring back the foundation I thought I was purchasing... To be continued...

on 6/10/2016 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is a miracle!
I have tried so many different foundations and this is the only one I have used until finished & then rebought.
I have tricky skin, as it is light olivewith redness and scarring on my cheeks. I previously bought this in Warm Ivory. When I finished the first bottle, Airbrush Away had just come out and was advised for that, unfortunately I did not like this as much as although it gave great texture, the coverage and consistency was not as nice. I then rebought Beautifully matte and I am so glad I did!
The product is so thick and pigmented but blends so lovely, giving great medium/full coverage. Some people on here have said the coverage is not as full as they would like but I would disagree, only one small pump will cover one side of my face, and can be layered in areas to get a fuller coverage- all my redness and acne scars are covered!
I apply this with my Anastasia Beverly Hills oval brush, and it works a treat, this foundation blends so seamlessly and does not at all look cakey or flat. Can also be applied with a dense brush like a kabuki or a good buffing brush like the Real Techniques one to a nice effect.
The overall finish is matte, but does not flatten your face, for me, it stays on from when I leave the house in the morning to when I come home in the evening with just minor touch ups with powder on my T zone, however this will differ depending on how oily you get.
Overall, I can't recommend this foundation enough, it's an absolute saviour to someone like me who has suffered with very badly scarred skin and acne as it does not look cakey or enhance any bumpiness or pores, very very lovely!
Only downside I can see is that there is not a massive range in colours so may not suit someone very pale or perhaps very dark.

on 6/1/2016 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

As I'm Asian ethnicity, its great to find an lower priced foundation which suits my skin tone.

It blends well and is a easonably good match for my complexion. However I would not say that it gives a medium coverage, probably a light to medium would be a better description.

As I have oily t-zone, I find it disappears after a few hours - this is where Mac studio finish is better suited to my complexion, it lasts longer and gives better coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm let down that there are no shades for pale skinned ladies! The lightest shade is super tan. Besides that the foundation is great, but the shade range is severely limited.

on 5/22/2016 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow!! Where can I begin to rave about this foundation?? I kinda just bought it out of desperation (I ran out of my regular and couldn't make it to Sephora). I looked up best reviewed drug store foundations, and this one caught my eye. It is sold at Target and at around 12 dollars, it is a bargin for the awesome product that it is. I was very skeptical that any drug store foundation could ever be one of my HG, but I'm happy to say boots no7 provided me wrong. It comes in a pump style bottle, which I love because I can control how much product I will be using that day. The coverage is a matte formula and can be medium to full, depending on the coverage you are looking for. What I truly love is that you can build this up with your foundation brush then your beauty blender and it never looks overdone or caked on. It never feels overwhelming on my face and my face still feels like it can breath. It doesn't dry immediately, so you have enough time to truly blend the product, but once dry, it stays put. I have gotten more compliments using this foundation (with a little MUFE concealer and MAC blotting powder) than with even the most expensive foundation I have ever used. most importantly it has not caused me any blemishes or allergic reactions. I have used without a primer and it last quiet a long time till my T-zone needs a retouch. I imagine using a good primer would prolong the matte finish of the foundation. I will definitely be buying this again. I recommend to all the ladies with oily, combo, and acne prone skin.