Boots No7 - Beautifully Matte

Boots  No7 - Beautifully Matte

3.9

Water Cyclopentasiloxane Phenyl Trimethicone Alcohol Denat Nylon 6/12 Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate 5 Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane Zinc Oxide Titanium Dioxide 1.6 Disteardimonium Hectorite Magnesium Sulfate PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone Tocopheryl Acetate Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate Propylene Carbonate Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer Salicylic Acid Aluminum Hydroxide Phenoxyethanol Lens Esculenta Fruit Extract Stearic Acid Triethoxycaprylylsilane Retinyl Palmitate Ascorbyl Glucoside Potassium Hydroxide Isopropyl Palmitate Methylparaben Lecithin Ethylparaben Tetrasodium EDTA Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol Ethylhexylglycerin Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract BHT Tocopherol /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 9/15/2016 8:14:00 AM

Have this foundation for about 6 months. Was recommended to me by shop assistant. I have oily t zone , with rosacea on my cheeks and dryness around my eyes and I needed new full coverage foundation. The price is very good comparing to other brands. She used the colour match device on me but it actually picked the wrong shade.. So be careful don't only go by this! The shade we selected in the end is perfect. It is very easy to blend and easy to apply , you need 1 pump for every day use and 2 pump if you like it a bit heavier. The only downside for me that it goes oily quiet quickly so you constantly need to fix it with compact powder. 4/5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation! It was actually recommended to me by a Boots employee after I asked if they could point me towards the Revlon counter so I could repurchase my Colourstay (which was previous my HG). Price wise, it's a couple of quid more than the Colourstay, so not too bad in that sense, but for a drugstore foundation, £14.50 is certainly not cheap. However, what is good is that if you've ever shopped at a Boots, you always end up collecting "£3 off No.7 makeup" vouchers all the time, so you can get it on offer.
I asked the No7 employee if she could match me, and from what I could tell, the mid range to deeper skin tones looked like there was a lot of variety, I think there's 14 shades. But, pale folk, good luck. I was lucky enough that the lightest shade (I was matched with Calico) is pretty much the same as Buff from Revlon, so it matches me nicely in the sense that it doesn't wash me out, though I do have to blend a lot to get it to look like a natural transition from neck to face.
The texture of this is really nice, where it succeeds is that it doesn't dry out your skin at all. I have acne, and often the areas around it are dry and nasty, and exfoliating can only do so much, right? So this doesn't emphasise dryness, which I think RC does a lot. I love that there's a pump, and mostly, I love that the mechanism inside the bottle pushes the product up as you use it, so it is very, very clear how much you've used, and how much you have left. It also means you don't have to shake the product, or tip it upside down/pump it loads because the product is already at the top and is compact enough that it won't separate. I actually think that it's genius, and every foundation should have a feature like this!
I do find if I don't powder this, I get a lot of transfer on my glasses and if I touch oiler areas of my face, but a bit of setting powder does help. I find that it controls my oil for about 8 hours, which is good because I don't like wearing foundation for more than 8 hours anyway. It looks very natural, whilst giving great coverage over redness. Pores look minimised, textured areas appear softened.
The price and shade range is a small price to pay, in my eyes, for a great foundation.
I've seen a lot of people complain about the smell. It doesn't bother me so much, but I would say it does smell somewhat like Play-dough. It does fade, and I only ever smell it if I actually sniff the product, so it doesn't bother me.
Finally, this is hypoallergenic, which is fantastic because it means it doesn't break me out, it doesn't worsen blackheads or spots/acne, and it's very gentle on the skin. No.7 did a really good job in my opinion.
Would I recommend this over the Revlon Colourstay? It depends. If you're skin is more on the combo side, then definitely get a hold of this over RC, but is you're super oily, I'd pick RC. RC has more shades too, one lighter than No.7 and a lot, lot deeper too, so if you're very deep, or very, very pale, maybe check RC first.
I think it's a frontrunner, and for me, is my new HG. Highly recommend this for younger, combo/oily skin.

To Read all 57 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my first product review. And the only reason I felt compelled to write this is because I haven't noticed that any other review mentioned the horrible smell. The foundation provides more than adequate coverage, however due to having oily skin, I have larger pores, and now that I am 45, I have slight wrinkles and unfortunately, it does accentuate both. But beyond that, most importantly is having to put up w/the smell when applying. It smells like $#!+ - literally. I don't know if I just got a bad batch? I can't imagine buying again and having to deal with that every morning!

This foundation is ok. It leaves a gorgeous Demi-matte finish. It's not too expensive since it is no7. The problem is it doesn't stay. It leaves me shiny after about 3 hours and omg it oxidises kinda bad on me. Maybe I should have got a lighter shade ? It's not bad but it's not great.

on 12/15/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am so glad I tried this foundation! I love how this foundation blends in, it is very creamy. I would not say this is entirely "matte", but I like that isn't so I don't look so flat (but not oily). It looks natural and lasts most of the day when I set it with powder. It covers well for me, however I don't have any acne so I'm not sure the coverage on someone more acne prone. This really is an ideal foundation. The price at Target is around $10 (I think) which is a little high for an average DS foundation.. but still affordable.Will re-buy!

on 10/23/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an early review, simply because I'm excited about this product so far! I've been using it for a few days only, so if needed I'll go back and add how it held up in the long run. Anyway, I bought this as I wanted a matte foundation that was hypoallergenic to see if it'd do any good for my acne-prone combination skin that has been acting up lately. The first thing I was surprised to note was that it didn't go on very matte at all - it actually went on looking pretty dewy! That was far from a bad thing though. Naturally it also goes more matte when you go over with a powder afterwards. The matte factor came in later though, when it proved to keep my face practically free from oiliness hour after hour. I have noticed that it tends to slide around a little bit on my nose and chin at the end of the day, but that's without having reapplied powder all day so it's not that big of a deal to me. I'd almost say it's to be expected.

To me, the absolute biggest pros with this foundation is how it feels very lightweight on my skin but still gives good coverage, along with how fresh and flawless it has my skin looking. I've been so used to my skin looking dull, matte and powdery (and thinking "oh well, at least it hides my acne") that I was simply amazed with the result of this foundation. (Keep in mind that it may say something about the products I've been using before, too.) Big thumbs up (but also a heads up if you're sensitive) to the fact that it contains salicylic acid as well. This foundation might not better my skin, but at least it seems like it doesn't do any further damage to it which is a weight off of my shoulders.

Not much to say about the packaging: it's sleek looking and has a good pump - I ask for nothing else.

I like this foundation, it doesn't give me breakouts, It doesn't last as long as it states though, i find that it stays fresh looking for around 5-6 hours.

I ran out of foundation a few months ago and needed a new one. After seeing some great reviews I thought I would go and buy it in the colour they matched me to (Calico, the lightest shade). When I first got it I applied it with my fingers and it didn't really apply great for me as it didn't look like it done anything to my skin. For some people that would be great as a foundation that doesn't appear obvious on the skin is what people look for, but this is not the case for me. My skin is very problematic its dry, oily, acne-prone, has redness and for me this foundation did not help me cover acne or redness and it did not stay matte for long, even with powder! I attended college 4 days a week and the product did not last longer than 3 hours on my skin.
I now apply it with either the real techniques buffing brush, stippling brush or their beauty sponge. I find the beauty sponge the best form of application but it comes off slightly cakes with any of those three and can seem chalky through out the day.
I live in the UK and I do not believe it is worth 13.50 considering my experience with it but everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to certain products so if you want to risk it then go for it!
I got 3 bottles of the product for Christmas so I have to use it for a while but I will not be repurchasing this myself.

on 2/7/2015 12:39:00 AM

My skin is a nightmare to work with - it's too pale for EVERYTHING, it's oily, it gets flaky bits coming off, it gets spotty, it goes bright red; basically everything that makes a good foundation hard to find.
I have this in Calico, the palest shade. Oddly, this seems to be lighter than the for-normal-skin alternative No7 foundation, but the lady at the counter said that it was likely the oils in my skin making the other ones look darker. I had been colour-matched with some sort of Vanilla but I knew it was wrong and went for this.
This baby blends right in to my skin tone. Most of the time, people think I'm not wearing makeup and that my skin is looking "much better than it used to" - HAH! Wrong! I wear this (and some concealer) whenever I go out now because it looks so natural!
I find it much easier to blend in with my fingers than with any tools. Sponges make it go uneven and brushes put it on too thick. Use it sparingly and it'll reward you.
Big warning though: if you have any dry bits on your skin that you couldn't either exfoliate or moisturise away, don't use it! It will cling thickly to any dehydrated parts and highlight them.

Nice foundation. Lots of shades available to buy. I like how the bottle shows clearly how much you've used so you don't run out before you've repurchased