DermOrganic Intensive Hair Repair Masque

DermOrganic Intensive Hair Repair Masque
DermOrganics Hair Care 2013

4.1

Aqua/Eau/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Methyl Gluceth-20, Rice Amino Acids, Panthenol B5, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycereth-2 Cocoate/Benzoic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance

on 6/6/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a decent conditioner/masque but nothing spectacular.

When I use a deep conditioning masque I expect it to provide good amount of slip, detangle my hair, provide a burst of hydration to my dry thirsty hair.I should be able to run my fingers through my hair. It did none of these.I left it on for 30 mins and when I rinsed it out, I felt like my hair still needed something else. For reference, I have long thick hair that is heavily highlighted, is dry, wavy and coarse. It may work for someone who has less dry hair or not color treated.

I got this in a sampler set at Ulta, which included this, the shampoo, and the leave-in treatment.

For people who don't like the smell of the shampoo, I'm happy to report that the masque smells much better. It's a clean, vaguely sweet/nutty kind of smell - typical of how argan oil hair products often smell.

The masque is a thick conditioner with a good amount of slip and it detangled my hair nicely. It left it feeling pretty well-moisturized, but my super-dry, thirsty ends would have still liked more moisture. I would say that this one would probably be daily conditioner material (rather than a weekly hair mask) for drier, curly/wavy types like myself. If you have issues with an oily scalp (also like myself), I would caution against getting too much of this near your roots - it made mine go greasy/flat faster than normal if I applied too generously in that area. It rinses out easily.

It's a decent conditioner, but probably better suited to someone with slightly to moderately dry hair. It did the job and I didn't have any major issues with it, and it did a very good job of detangling (something I find a lot of conditioners fail at for me). I would probably repurchase again at some point, but I'll be exploring other conditioners and hair masks first.

To Read all 62 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/25/2016 12:44:00 AM

When first applying it in the shower I was really excited because it made my hair incredibly smooth. But then when I washed it out it all seemed to 'slide off' and my hair went back to its normal dryness. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I may repurchase to give it another go.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I don't understand how this product worked so well for others but failed miserably for me. Oh well.
here are the pros: smell is okay
cons: it did not set detangle my hair properly, it left my hair frizzy within hrs after showering, my hair felt rough and dry, no slip in the shower, no slip out of the shower. I'm still attempting the no silicone route but this particular product was not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff works miracles! I literally melted my hair with a straightening treatment 2 years ago and this conditioner (along with the shampoo) are the ONLY thing that saved my hair. I use this treatment every time I wash my hair and it is in great shape even though I heat style everyday and I have color treated hair!

on 10/3/2014 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I adore this masque. I have naturally dark brown hair that I have bleached to an almost white color. This product definitely helped my severely damaged hair. After using this product for a while I experienced less breakage, and my hair once again can hold its natural curl. I was a little skeptical that it would work at first because I tried their shampoo and didn't like it at all, but the this product actually does the job =).

This stuff works wonders for damaged hair in particular. The protein content really does help with that sort of thing (fills in the gaps on hair strands). Otherwise its a great deep conditioner even if your hair isn't damaged, it has no silicones which I like, and the protein content is something to keep in mind depending upon your hair's needs (protein overload is not a fun thing).
Overall, would recommend to damaged hair and those whose hair likes protein.

I recommend this masque to everyone. I use it almost every time I wash my hair, and when doing oil treatments or semipermanent dyes (such as blue or purple) I suspend those products in this for its excellent silicone-free slip.

PROS:
-Organic + vegan + NO animal testing (so you can feel morally good about buying it)
-Very moisturizing--contains lipids, argan oil
-Repairing--contains rice amino acids and grapeseed extract
-Silicone, Sulfate, and Paraben free
-Because it blends moisture and protein, it's a great "one size fits all" product for balanced, healthy hair
-Quite lightweight--I have thick hair but my sisters both have thin hair, and they say this product doesn't weigh their hair down much at all

CONS:
-Quite high price for a student or low-income person, but you can avoid that by 1: purchasing it by the liter (worth every penny!) or 2: purchasing it at Winners (Canada), TJ Maxx (US), or Marshall's (US).
-May have too low protein/amino acid content for people who REALLY need to repair their keratin bonds
-Sometimes with the liter bottles, the pump doesn't work correctly so you have to unscrew the top... this is rare though.

I personally love the scent, but some people may be sensitive to it.

Overall, I'd HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product! Although I have straight hair, I assume this would be great for curly-haired people too because of its moisture to protein balance.

on 2/6/2014 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff (and the matching sulfate-free shampoo) is the bomb! I did not try it when I had moderately healthy, single-process colored hair. I did try it after deciding to go lighter, which required removing the dark (aging) tint with a "bleach soap-cap", which in this case vas painted and heavily coated in foil, and heated to lift, then wash out the old color (after about 1 hr w/ bleach on). Then it was re-tinted a pretty, lighter brunette. The stylist did a good job, but he lifted it quite a bit more than necessary (which damaged it more), and now I have fried hair. Back to product: this is the ONLY product that has done wonders to restore my hair, help close the cuticle, and help with the nightmare tangling. Every third wash I use a Joico 3.5 PH conditioner that is more focused on moisture, than restoration. I don't know if this product would be too heavy if my hair was its undamaged-self, but now it is my savior. Highest recommendations, and I use only mid-high - to-very high end products. Note to those not attaining same results: 1. You MUST use the accompanying shampoo, and I have NOT found a suitable alternate. 2. You MUST integrate an intensive moisturizer in the loop. If my data are correct, reconstructive conditioners (like this one) will eventually dry out your hair if you do not use / alternate with an intensive, moisturizer. And, products these days frequently do not make it clear which family they belong in. A tiny, tiny bit of Argan oil massaged mainly into shaft and ends (and left in) does nor hurt either. Good luck, and thank you.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It ok but def not the best