Ecotools Sheer Finish Kabuki Brush

4.7

on 9/7/2016 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Been using this brush for 4 years now and it still continues to work like a dream. It's still soft & I have yet to notice any kind of shedding. The quality & price are great--it's a steal! I fell in love the first time I used it & it is still my favorite brush to use. I personally feel that it works great with powder/mineral makeup application. The pro for me is that I don't ever feel like I am packing too much powder on my face. I don't like that cake-like coverage feel/look so this brush is perfect for me. It applies just enough! The bristles are soft which is great for my sensitive skin! I use baby shampoo to clean the brush. LOVE

I bought this brush specifically to use with theBalm's Instain blushes, which require a very light hand. The bristles on this brush are fine and not as dense as a standard blush brush so I don't have to worry about applying too much pressure. This brush serves me well in this job- I swirl lightly on my cheeks for light color and "dab" for more color.

I can see how this brush would work equally well for sheer application of powders and for liquid foundations and even cream blushes. For now though, mine has been almost exclusively for the blush.

Ecotools are very high quality brushes at a low price point, I really recommend them. No shedding yet.

UPDATE: Started using it for buffing in foundation and powder as well and it's perfect. I've always been someone who applies foundation with my fingers but this has made me a convert. It provides the nicest finish. For powder I recommend only if you want a sheer application to set your makeup. It will not pick up very much powder if you need a lot. If you have an oily t-zone you may need a different brush for that area. I can see this working with all kinds of liquids and creams though, regardless of how much coverage you need, as that will be determined more by the product you use.
Bumping it up to a 5.

To Read all 51 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/5/2015 4:59:00 PM

i have found my fave brush to use, i just bought 2 more yesterday. the directions on the packaging says its for powders, but i use it for those super liquid foundations, such as magic nude, and dream fluid touch. i like super sheer face makeup and i find this brush is perfect, hence its sheer finish labeling. i use to use regular foundation brushes, but always end up using way too much product which left me feeling suffocated. i would buy again and again :) :)

This is one of my two all time favorite brushes. I use it for finishing powder, and it gives a nice light coating of product. The bristles are soft, the handle is the perfect size, & the brush is durable. Another great product from EcoTools!

on 12/14/2014 6:29:00 PM

I LOVE this brush! its great for setting powder. I purchased it for $8 I believe at my ulta store. It is such such such a great brush. I totally recomend it. It applies powder very flawlessly and evenly and really dusts it over nicely.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this brush. I use it every single day to set my makeup. I've had it for over a year and have had zero shedding. The only thing I don't like is the handle. It sinks down to the bottom of my makeup brush holder and I have to move other brushes around to get to it. But other than that, it's perfect.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm going to make this review short and sweet.

It gives a very sheer finish if you're using it with foundation. As with some duo fiber brushes, there can be streaks that you need to blend with something else (hands, beauty blender) if you're using a liquid or cream foundation. It is comfortable to hold in the hand, and esthetically pleasing with the oblong shape. I did experience some shedding, but nothing after the first couple of washes. The white bristles did stain, even though I clean it pretty regularly. If you don't clean it semi-often, the white bristles cling together and will give you extremely patchy results. After having this for over a year, my favorite uses for it are: applying sheer blush and highlighting that can be built up. I do use it almost everyday, but I don't think I'll purchase another if this one tears up. For the price, I do recommend giving it a try!

Nice big brush for even finishing. ecotools is my favorite makeup brush brand.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this brush for applying blush and bronzer. It gives a sheer wash and doesn't make it look overdone at all on my face. I've owned this particular brush for about 2 years and it hasn't had any hairs come out and has kept its shape the whole time. Definitely worth the money! Buy it!

on 9/26/2013 11:14:00 PM

Love love love this brush for applying loose powder. I don't wear much makeup anymore, but my sunscreen leaves me a little greasy since it's on the heavy side. I use this brush everyday with my rice powder and I get amazing results. Never heavy looking, cakey, just a beautiful finish. It is so soft, easy to clean, and it's the quickest brush to dry after washing it.

Popular Makeup Brushes