Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm
Tinted Lip BalmTinted Lip Balm

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale), cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, aroma (flavor)*, lanolin, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cananga odorata flower wax, jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower wax, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza). May contain: alumina, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides). *natural flavor

It looks like I've gotten a bargain with mine as it only cost £1 in poundland. I'd heard great things about Burts Bees so didn't hesitate when I spotted their tinted lip balm in the shelves.

My shade is Calla Lilly, a deep red which leaves a lovely sheer tint in the lips and it stays there for half they day in me.

I'm assuming packaging varies between shades as My balm is in a standard plastic tube, and scent free, many other reviews say theirs is in a cardboard tube and reeks.

I had a look through the shelves hoping to find multiple shades but sadly they only had Calla Lily.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ok folks, I'm gonna lay it straight. These are the BEST tinted lip balm. Ever. I typically have the problem of trying different chapstick and many or should I say, all just make my lips drier. It really sucks because you'd think that balms are suppose to aid in dry and chapped lips. Nope. Angelic music fading in.... burts bees has made my smokers lips pink and soft. I even apply some on my toddler son in the winter. It's moist but not drying in the least. My fave colors are hibiscus and zinnia. Zinnia is a coral and peachy color that suits my NC 35 skin tone. I love it. I have bought maybe 8 tubes of this unicorn kissed magic potion. It's the Shea Butter I think but in any case, I highly recommend. Oh. And I am a lip picker when I do get the occasional dry and chapped lip and once I apply this, I forget all about it...

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These are amazing! I was quite surprised by how much color you can actually see. It is still just a tint, like it says but i have used tinted lip balms before and you can never see the color. And these make your lips so glossy and juicy! So juicy it actually makes your lips look bigger. I absolutely love them. The moisture it gives last for hours especially if you sleep with it on in the morning you lips are so soft. The smell is the only part I don't care for. It's not a strong smell, you definitely have to put it right under your nose and give a good sniff to tell, but the smell reminds me of a Halloween mask. Lol you know those rubbery ones. Ya it's weird. Also I hate the price. $5 for one?? Too much I think. But they are very good quality so maybe thats why. But other than that I hope they never stop making these

on 9/26/2016 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

if you exfoliate your lips well, the colour doesn't accentuate any lines and sinks in perfectly. This lip balm also lasts me at least half a day without reapplication, and keeps my lips hydrated like NOTHING ELSE. This also doesn't taste like anything which is my favourite part. However, if you're more cool toned like me, Hibiscus is a bit of a warm colour, better for summer I'll be buying this in Orchid (Hush? I think it's called?) and Pink Blossom to match my lips a little better.

on 8/29/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've repurchased this lip balm thrice.. twice because I lost my tubes :( But I have occasionally dabbled into other brands' lip balms and I always crawl back to this one. It is definitely one of my HG products.

Pros:
All ingredients are natural
Glides and and doesn't feel too heavy
Leaves my lips moisturized for a long time
The color also stays on for an impressive amount of time
The price is alright

Cons:
Limited color range

All in all. Go ahead and try it out before you shell out more than 20 bucks for another branded lip balm. I definitely recommend it :) The color I stick with is Red Dahlia (for reference my skin color is warm, medium-brown) and it gives a gorgeous subtle color to my lips for that perfect 'no makeup at all' look.

on 8/15/2016 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Really nice moisturising balm with the benefit of a tint. Some of the shades, to me, even appear to perform like a sheer lipstick. All the benefits of a regular Burt's Bees balm but with a tint that lasts and is fairly pigmented. A nice product for hydrating and colouring your lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have this lip balm in 'sweet violet' and it is a really nice tint! Although I was expecting it to be darker, I like how the color turned out- a soft rosy plum that looks like I just bit my lips. Gives good hydration and has a nice sheen to it. It is not sticky at all, and has a mild scent (a little waxy smelling, but I like it). It completes a simple makeup look and adds color to the lips!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Awesome! I bought this product in the shade Hibiscus. It's very affordable and it's a natural looking shade. It's my go-to, they're very moisturizing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I have repurchased many different colors over and over and over again. It gives a very natural color to your lips and is super affordable. I have very dry lips - it could be more a little more moisturizing - but honestly for the prize it's amazing. Personally I don't want to shell out $20+ for a tinted lip balm (**ahem, Fresh**). I'd rather just layer this with something like Aquaphor.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

One of my favorite make-up products. It works fine as a lip balm but don't expect miracles. The air in my house is pretty dry during winter because of the heaters, so far no lip balm I've tried could prevent it but Burt's Bees came closest.

The best side of this product for me is it looks natural (even on my pale skin) while giving a color, especially in pink. It's pretty oily so you need to re-apply during the day. The scent is sweet too. I hope Burt's Bees continue to make it, I will definitely continue to buy.