Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm
Tinted Lip BalmTinted Lip Balm

4.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale), cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, aroma (flavor)*, lanolin, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cananga odorata flower wax, jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower wax, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza). May contain: alumina, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides). *natural flavor

on 11/28/2017 5:12:00 PM

Very moisturising. Colour didn’t bleed on teeth. Two lippies off as it wasn’t what I expected. I bought the colour hibiscus due to reviews (not on this site) saying it was a nice nude. Hibiscus was a reddish pinkish colour not the brownish skin colour nude I was after. For the price, I would have preferred better and classier packaging.

on 10/20/2017 9:56:00 PM

It's very moisturising and colour isnt too pigmented and gives a nice slight colour to the lips, but wow, it smells pretty bad and tastes bad too, so I wouldn't purchase again.

on 10/15/2017 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have the color zinnia and it does not show up on my lips what-so-ever. My lips are naturally pigmented a dark mauve-brown color. But its super moisturizing and keeps my parched lips nice and hydrated. Maybe i'll try a darker color next time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Does everything that a tinted lip balm should. Keeps lips moisturized, has a glossy finish, non-fragranced, with a hint of color. The shade rose is bright red and quite pigmented for a tinted lip balm. Perfect for everyday or an effortless look. I plan on purchasing other shades.

on 8/2/2017 2:37:00 AM

I was looking for a good tinted lipbalm with MLBB shade to replace the don't-know-which-lipstick-to-apply-every-morning routine. Also summer is super hot and my skin always crave for a simple, natural look, which means suncreen and lipbalm and a bit of brow and bam, done! So, i was about to invest in Perricone MD No Lipstick (magazines say this is the one used to create the natural just bitten lip of Gal Gadot in her Wonder Woman movie, srsly it looks really good on her, who wouldn't be obsessed with that :P or maybe it's just her looking good with anything lol ) before i found this range available in a local shop near my house. Super cheap. available in a wide range of color and promised to be 100% natural, so why not? I bought the one in Hibicus after looking for review on internet and found the swatch to be closest to the Perricone one. I warn you not to believe the lipbalm's caps as they r kinda misleading (Hibicus's cap looks super rosy compared to the true color inside) This have light smell and no flavor, and the smell barely stay 1' after you apply (i know some balms have terrible taste and super chemical smell). The color pay-off is pretty pretty (oops) and flattering on my Asian warm skin (it's a medium coral-y rose but not super coral like DIOR GLOW 004). It brightens up my complexion without taking much swipes. I guess Hibicus and Rose will be lovely on anyone. It feels super moisturising on my lips and helps keep dehydration at bay. One last thing is, like any other moisturising lipbalm, the texture of this range is slippery rather than waxy so it cannot survive any drink or snack for sure, but reapplying a lipbalm is the easiest thing you can ever do. And don't worry about looking like a ghost with no hue on your lips after eating, this lipbalm leaves slight tint for god's sake!

PROs:
- A good variety of color, there's one for everybody's skin
- Tint your lips beautifully
- Cheap
- Pleasant smell, no flavor
- Very moisturising
- Easy to throw in purse

CONs:
- No spf
- does not last straightly 8 hours (but 5 to 6 hours is possible)
- Caps bluff

I'll definitely buy them again and maybe try other colors as well. Their ingredients are definitely "greener" than Maybelline baby lips and their price are definitely 10 times lower that Dior and such. <3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love these. I have 4 of these on my vanity.
Pink blossom- soft seashell pink colour
Sweet violet- pale plum
Hibiscus- sheer warm red brown
Red dahlia- sheer brick colour.

Love them all. The coulour is visible on my lips but muted enough its not "in your face". I dont really wear lipstick. I just dont like the way it feels. These are light and oily enough that I dont feel them on. Staying power is good. Couple of hours.

I dont know how moisturizing these are as I always layer over blistex medicated ointment( been wearing that bad boy everyday for over a decade. I dont even remember what chapped lips are.)

I have not noticed any scent nor do I find they have any taste. Both plusses in my book.

The pale colours of pink blossom and sweet violet look so nice with a dark eye. Perfect daytime wash of colour.

The price is fine. Considering what I may shell out for HE foundation and mascaras, 6 bucks isnt too bad.

Will repurchase as long as they make them.

on 5/16/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is very cute. However, even though it DOES give you tint, it has a LOT of oil.

That sounds like a good thing, but it's not, since it's often slippery and it tends to slip off your lips very easily.

The moisture isn't that good, which is why I would not purchase this again.

If youre looking for a good tint, reccomend. If youre looking for moisture/hydration, the Vitamin E or Mango Burts Bees is great.

on 4/26/2017 2:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

All these years I have avoided Burt Bees because I found the original yellow packaging lip balms with the minty taste to be terrible. I picked this up because the colour "caramel daisy" just looked too perfectly and I can tell it was the ideal "my lips but better" and I'm so happy I did because this lip balm exceeded my expectations. The colour is nice and natural but still adds the prettiest and glossy look, it's very moisturizing and stays put for a good long period. I took off a lippie because I am not fond of the "natural"? taste/small but it's not too hard for me to overlook.

on 3/18/2017 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

These are great. Average moisture but it is the tint that keeps me coming back for tubes. I do dramatic smoky eye looks. This is perfect with a darker eye plus the aroma is not pungey. Which to me is important.

It looks like I've gotten a bargain with mine as it only cost £1 in poundland. I'd heard great things about Burts Bees so didn't hesitate when I spotted their tinted lip balm in the shelves.

My shade is Calla Lilly, a deep red which leaves a lovely sheer tint in the lips and it stays there for half they day in me.

I'm assuming packaging varies between shades as My balm is in a standard plastic tube, and scent free, many other reviews say theirs is in a cardboard tube and reeks.

I had a look through the shelves hoping to find multiple shades but sadly they only had Calla Lily.

Top Rated Lip Treatments