Lioele Water Drop BB (SPF 27 / PA++)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Lioele  Water Drop BB (SPF 27 / PA++)
Water Drop BB (SPF 27 / PA++)Water Drop BB (SPF 27 / PA++)

3.7

Water,Phenyl Trimethicone,Titanium Dioxide,Cyclopentasiloxane,Alcohol Denat,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor,Talc,PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,CI 77492,Sodium Citrate,Methylparaben,Chlorphenesin,Butylparaben,C I77491,C I77499,Fragrance,Cyclomethicone,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Disodium EDTA,PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide ,Butylene Glycol,Glycerin,Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate ,Hexyl Laurate,Sodium Hyaluronate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract ,Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Leaf/Twig Extract ,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract ,Citric Acid

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So this BB cream is good overall but I have a few quirks with it. I think I could find a better one out there. I have really dry skin, and it's quite pale. The term water drop on this product had me thinking, "dewy" "hydrating" and it didn't really meet my expectations in that department. The color was perfect though. I found it thick and even though the water droplets formed while I applied it, it didn't really enhance the experience, and I found it a little hard to blend. I moisturized before application.

The nice thing is though that even though this didn't make me dewy like I hoped for, it also didn't make any dry patches worse. My skin looked good, and even, but I was really matte. The upside is on a warmer day I didn't even see any oil or if I sweat a bit, it didn't break up on the skin. The price is good at $22 dollars, and the product is also good, I personally need more hydration, maybe in the summer when it's hellish hot and humid, I will reach for this, until then....the Skin 79 BB gold, is great,....I'm also trying a couple others.

on 1/20/2013 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I liked the product overall, but I don't see the point why people hyped so much.

on 12/14/2012 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am not blown away but I am not completely annoyed with this product either. I see this more as a traditional western tinted moisturizer of decent quality at a decent price rather than a Korean BB cream. As a tinted moisturizer it is great, as a BB cream I am not overly impressed.
- Spreads like a dream, unlike other BB creams I have encountered
- Very light coverage, I would liken the coverage to that of a Western tinted moisturizer. In fact, this quite reminds me of my once beloved (but no longer sold in Canada) Cover Girl Smoothers tinted moisturizer, without the dewy finish (which I liked but its just a personal preference).
- Colour seems too dark for my complexion upon first application. I am of Scottish/Irish decent and typically avoid the sun - it is also winter right now. I am pretty freaking pasty. After about ten minutes it oxidizes and lightens up a bit, but still seems a tad too dark for my colouring - I think I can get away with it though.
- No gray cast!
- Lovely but not overpowering smell (ahem, Missha).
- Does not seem to minimize my pores like other BBs do.
- I swear this picks up on dry patches and accentuates them. For something called Water Drop, I expected this to be more moisturizing.
- Decent SPF
- Oil free and has not broken me out!
- Nice smooth, dry texture once it has oxidizes so it does not easily transfer on to clothes which is nice.
- No sheen, shine, sparkle or dewiness that my eyes can detect, not unnaturally matte either.
- Lasts decently in cold weather, I would say up to about six hours. In hot temperatures I doubt this would last more than three hours given it is so thin.
- No skin benefiting properties such as wrinkle care, and no whitening abilities like other BBs - which is why I have problems comparing with other BBs, it simply is not in the same category in my eyes.

All and all I think this is an okay product. I would have loved it when I was younger and had better skin (say in high school) for its light coverage and finish. I am older now however and have more skin flaws, redness and larger pores. While this more or less evens out my skin I have had other BBs which I have been more pleased with. I think I want to try Etude House's Precious Minerals BB as it too is oil free but apparently leaves a nice glow, as well as coming in a variety of skin tones. I will be ordering a tube once this Water Drop runs out. I will continue to use my Water Drop for casual days when I am running errands and such, but it wont be my go-to when I want great looking skin - Missha's Perfect Cover is currently my go to for that purpose. The Skin79 Gold VIP I ordered just arrived today, so I will be giving that BB a whirl next.

on 12/6/2012 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After breaking out from the Skin79 Gold, I decided to go to this Lioele Waterdrop because of the good reviews. I really liked the feel of this BB cream. It is moisturizing, brightens, has sheer coverage (which I prefer), has a light scent, and feels very soft. It's semi-matte to matte for me and not really dewy for me, but it's winter now. It blends well onto my NC15-20 skin. It doesn't have a grey or ashy cast. The big downside for me is that there isn't much else to this BB cream other than the SPF and sheer coverage. It's almost like one step up from a tinted moisturizer.
PROS:
-Moisturizing and light on skin
-Feels soft and not oily
-SPF27++
-Blends/Oxidizes well, no grey tone, easy removal
CONS:
-Very little to no coverage. Covers a bit of redness, but not much else. This is OK for me, but you do really need additional concealer or foundation.
-No whitening or anti-wrinkle properties
-Availability issues as with most Korean BB creams.
CONCLUSION: If you have good or normal/dry skin with very few other skin issues, have minimal acne scarring and donít need a lot coverage, this is for you. Since I do want to lighten some of my dark spots, it is doubtful I will be purchasing this again even though I do love a lot of aspects of this BB Cream.

on 10/1/2012 1:29:00 PM

I enjoy this BB Cream, but it does not give me much coverage at all! I always mix it with a thicker, more full-coverage BB Cream when I use this. It is cooling on the skin, but for some reason I feel like my skin has gotten used to the cool feeling so it doesn't feel like anything anymore! Not sure if it's worth the price.

on 5/24/2012 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is really dry and normally any foundation I use dries my skin up and makes it patchy. So I was so glad my friend recommended this to me!

It gives really light coverage so I would recommend it to people with okay-good skin and only want a more even skin tone etc

It doesn't come in many shades and it suits a pale skin tone, gives a slight grey cast but it's not too noticeable.

I use this everytime I go out and it has never dried up my skin! :)

Only thing is you have to get it online or when I go to HK

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I first bought a sample set and I loved this product so much I went to buy the original version.
I have dry sensitive skin and this works great for me. It's moisturizing and not oily. The bb cream blends into my skin like a dream and gives me glowing skin. It also smells refreshing.
The coverage isn't super good though as it cant cover my dark circles, but it does a pretty decent job covering pores.
People have been telling me my skin looks awesome when I have this on. The bb cream is a bit on the light side so I think it suits pale ladies more.

(skin: NC20/ Bobbi brown concealer in ivory)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm Asian with NC20 skin. Whenever I wore this product, people would tell me, without fail, that I did not look well. By midday, my face looked ashy and haggard. It also emphasized the dark circles under my eyes. I love the texture and smell, but the grey tint is too much. Even a light layer would make me look sickly. I'm glad other women have had a positive experience, but this did not work out for me.

on 4/11/2011 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first foray into BB creams, and I was certainly not disappointed!

The Lioele Water Drop BB Cream is specifically formulated for dry skins. I have very dry skin, and most tinted bases or foundations I use really accentuate the dryness. Not so with the Lioele. I have found that the way to apply it is to smooth it on as you would a primer, rather than rub it in as you would a cream - otherwise it tends to ball up, pulling off dry skin.

The cream is advertised as producing a cooling sensation when applied, leaving little drops of water on the skin. I have not experienced any such sensation, nor have I seen any water drops, but it doesn't matter; this is a really good product.

It leaves behind a beautiful sheen rather than a dewiness. It is also very buildable, so you can either use it on its own or under foundation - it works brilliantly as a primer. On its own, it does give less coverage than the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser, but this is definitely buildable, and even covers redness if you apply enough. If applied properly (ie smoothed over the skin, rather than rubbed into the skin), it doesn't cake.

This BB cream has an SPF of 27, which is excellent.

My skin has been feeling smoother and looks less red and dry since I have been using this BB cream. It could be a coincidence, but I have not been using any other new products, and I can definitely see a difference.

I just can't fault it. I chose this cream at random as I really wanted to try a BB cream. It really functions as a multi-tasking product: it moisturises, it provides protection from the sun, it works as a primer, smoothing out the skin, it seems to have helped to calm my skin generally, and it also provides coverage with a beautiful finish.

I paid $22 (Canadian $) for this, which I thought was an excellent price.