Lioele Water Drop BB (SPF 27 / PA++)

Lioele  Water Drop BB (SPF 27 / PA++)
Water Drop BB (SPF 27 / PA++)Water Drop BB (SPF 27 / PA++)

4.1

Water,Phenyl Trimethicone,Titanium Dioxide,Cyclopentasiloxane,Alcohol Denat,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor,Talc,PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,CI 77492,Sodium Citrate,Methylparaben,Chlorphenesin,Butylparaben,C I77491,C I77499,Fragrance,Cyclomethicone,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Disodium EDTA,PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide ,Butylene Glycol,Glycerin,Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate ,Hexyl Laurate,Sodium Hyaluronate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract ,Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Leaf/Twig Extract ,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract ,Citric Acid

on 12/14/2012 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am not blown away but I am not completely annoyed with this product either. I see this more as a traditional western tinted moisturizer of decent quality at a decent price rather than a Korean BB cream. As a tinted moisturizer it is great, as a BB cream I am not overly impressed.
- Spreads like a dream, unlike other BB creams I have encountered
- Very light coverage, I would liken the coverage to that of a Western tinted moisturizer. In fact, this quite reminds me of my once beloved (but no longer sold in Canada) Cover Girl Smoothers tinted moisturizer, without the dewy finish (which I liked but its just a personal preference).
- Colour seems too dark for my complexion upon first application. I am of Scottish/Irish decent and typically avoid the sun - it is also winter right now. I am pretty freaking pasty. After about ten minutes it oxidizes and lightens up a bit, but still seems a tad too dark for my colouring - I think I can get away with it though.
- No gray cast!
- Lovely but not overpowering smell (ahem, Missha).
- Does not seem to minimize my pores like other BBs do.
- I swear this picks up on dry patches and accentuates them. For something called Water Drop, I expected this to be more moisturizing.
- Decent SPF
- Oil free and has not broken me out!
- Nice smooth, dry texture once it has oxidizes so it does not easily transfer on to clothes which is nice.
- No sheen, shine, sparkle or dewiness that my eyes can detect, not unnaturally matte either.
- Lasts decently in cold weather, I would say up to about six hours. In hot temperatures I doubt this would last more than three hours given it is so thin.
- No skin benefiting properties such as wrinkle care, and no whitening abilities like other BBs - which is why I have problems comparing with other BBs, it simply is not in the same category in my eyes.

All and all I think this is an okay product. I would have loved it when I was younger and had better skin (say in high school) for its light coverage and finish. I am older now however and have more skin flaws, redness and larger pores. While this more or less evens out my skin I have had other BBs which I have been more pleased with. I think I want to try Etude House's Precious Minerals BB as it too is oil free but apparently leaves a nice glow, as well as coming in a variety of skin tones. I will be ordering a tube once this Water Drop runs out. I will continue to use my Water Drop for casual days when I am running errands and such, but it wont be my go-to when I want great looking skin - Missha's Perfect Cover is currently my go to for that purpose. The Skin79 Gold VIP I ordered just arrived today, so I will be giving that BB a whirl next.

on 7/4/2013 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Really good BB cream! Great for very fair complected people. My skin is basically the lightest color available in human skin (go figure, I'm Scottish) and this really matched my skin color, which is extremely difficult to find in foundations and BB creams! It really moisturized my normally oily skin and helped control the oil, and it had such nice coverage that it covered my acne nicely and really blended well. I really like the packaging as well, it's very cute, and it's a different BB cream in comparison to others I have used. It seems to have quality ingredients, and didn't bother my often sensitive skin a bit. I think I'm hooked, and I will definitely be buying it again!!!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This BB cream is described as "an exclusive moisturizing BB cream which makes your skin moist since waterdrop, which is generated when you apply it to skin, is well absorbed into your skin." It has an SPF of 27 PA++ (broad spectrum) and is designed to give the skin a natural glow, without the use of a pearl formula. Comes in a 50ml tube and is also meant to help relieve and cool reddened skin.

For reference, I am an NC15-20 with yellow undertones and sensitive normal/combo skin. The Lioele Beyond the Solution BB cream is my HG, so I thought I'd try the waterdrop too seeing as it was by the same brand. I must say, I do like it a lot.

This BB cream is very lightweight and does not feel greasy, thick or heavy at all. It's waterbased and seems to apply like a gel - you can see the waterdroplets form when you rub the BB cream between your hands which is quite cool. I personally don't notice the 'cooling sensation' it claims to give though. It spreads and blends very easily on the skin.

The shade is a pretty good match for me - it's a light beige with a very slight grey tone that disappears about 2 minutes after application on me. It makes my complexion look brighter. I think this would work for NC15-25. It doesn't have pink or yellow tones.

Coverage is extremely light. Really, all it does is brighten my skin and even out my skintone. One coat provides minimal coverage. Two coats gets rid of any redness. But that's about it. Blemishes will still be obvious, so pairing with concealer is a must if I want good coverage. However, for every day, I really like the coverage. It looks incredibly natural - doesn't change my skin texture and doesn't make pores stand out.

The finish on me is a semi-matte (I was expecting a dewy look!) which I quite like. Despite the semi-matte finish, it doesn't leave my skin feeling dryed out or anything...but I wouldn't call it particularly moisturizing. Doesn't oil up or get greasy on me throughout the day and doesn't break me out either. Lasting power is decent - 6 hours or so.

I'm not that happy with the ingredients list though. Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide. Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denant. are the top ingredients, followed by a long list of silicones, talc, castor oil and parabens, followed by glycols, aloe vera and a few botanical ingredients right at the bottom of the list. Why put something as drying and irritating as alcohol denant in a supposedly "moisturizing" face product? I don't understand. I've read reviews on other sites that said they broke out badly from this, and it's not hard to see why. Luckily it gives me no problems though.

Overall I do like it for a very natural look.

on 1/20/2013 4:23:00 AM

Pros: non-oily smooth natural finish which is comfortable, long lasting, and not too white/grey.
Cons: almost no coverage

So if you have a clear and dry skin you might like this. Yet I would prefer to have no makeup give this low coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So this BB cream is good overall but I have a few quirks with it. I think I could find a better one out there. I have really dry skin, and it's quite pale. The term water drop on this product had me thinking, "dewy" "hydrating" and it didn't really meet my expectations in that department. The color was perfect though. I found it thick and even though the water droplets formed while I applied it, it didn't really enhance the experience, and I found it a little hard to blend. I moisturized before application.

The nice thing is though that even though this didn't make me dewy like I hoped for, it also didn't make any dry patches worse. My skin looked good, and even, but I was really matte. The upside is on a warmer day I didn't even see any oil or if I sweat a bit, it didn't break up on the skin. The price is good at $22 dollars, and the product is also good, I personally need more hydration, maybe in the summer when it's hellish hot and humid, I will reach for this, until then....the Skin 79 BB gold, is great,....I'm also trying a couple others.

on 11/27/2012 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've have 30+ BB creams & the Waterdrop BB is 1 of my favorite.

My skin:
Combination & acne prone, with yellow undertone, about NC 25

Unlike most BB creams, it is very lightweight & so breathable, the most comparable BB cream (in terms of texture) is La Roche Posay's Hydreane BB cream (which is too thin & short lived on my combo skin); Waterdop impressed me with it's longevity (no touch up for 8 hrs) & coverage, I wear 1 layer with Sigma F82, water droplets & cooling sensation don't form with the F82 application, but I don't mind, despite it's nice coverage you still need concealer for dark circles & such. The shade isn't too grey compare to many of my Korean BB creams, it brightens amazingly without leaving a white cast. I don't mind it's light fragrance & love to wear it during extreme weather (humid summer & dry, windy winter), the finish is very natural. I love this BB cream, if I have to find a con, it would be it's low SPF27, I prefer at least SPF30. Otherwise I love every property of this BB Cream.

on 10/1/2012 1:20:00 PM

Before I begin my review, I'd like the share my experience with this BB cream~
It has been 2 years since I first started using this, at first if I were to review it, I would probably give it 2/5, because I was using it wrong, and the cover was quite uneven on my face. Now that I've gone back to it, I've had much better results. I find it better to pat it onto your skin rather than rubbing it in circular motions so the 'water molecules' don't form.
And onto the review. :)

First Impressions:
So I ordered this from ebay (cosmetic.love), Korean sellers do amazing packaging so this arrived in perfect shape. The box is lovely, in a Cinderella-blue colour, matching the packaging of the actual BB cream. I would have preferred this to have a 'pump' like Lioele's Beyond the Solution and Triple the Solution.

Coverage:
Unlike most BB creams, which tend to be quite thick, this claims to have a light coverage - which is does. One layer of this is not enough to cover any blemishes like acne scars or dark circles, but it will even out your skin tone, any additional coverage needed should be achieved with a concealer. This will help keep your face feeling light throughout the day with only trouble spots having heavier coverage.
Shade:
I'm quite fond of the Lioele BB creams because they have a peachy undertone instead of greyish ones that claim to 'adjust to your skin' It is slightly lighter than Beyond the Solution, and gives more of a dewy finish.
Lasting Power:
Despite having light coverage, this lasts all day with my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (: This doesn't oxidize too much, the colour is still pretty much the same 8 hours from when I first applied it. But this is not waterproof, as someone else stated. So it needs to be set with finishing powder~!! x
Overall:
Lightweight feeling, enough to even out your skin, and the price is good for what you get. Definitely recommended.

Hope this helped you curious people x

on 5/3/2015 3:57:00 AM

I first ordered the 5ml sample tube and liked it so much that I ordered a full size now. I payed about $15 for this one.
I think this 50ml tube goes a long way; you don't need to apply much product and I like the packaging; it's very hygienic.
The color fits my skin perfectly; no gray or whitening effect, like you often get with Asian BB creams. Also very convenient that it has an SPF in it! I do always apply a hydrating cream before I put on any makeup. I often get dry patches when I put on foundation but not with this one, it is very watery/light and spreads out very easily. I normally use a powder on top to add more coverage.
I do like the brand Lioele; their products always look fun & colorful!

Love this product. It's so light and - unlike other korean bb cream - fits my skintone nicely. Some people don't like its light coverage, well this is a bb cream. I prefer the light coverage because I think it's great for everyday use or no makeup makeup look. You may want to put on some concealer for extra coverage. I do think that this product is rather helpful in holding my oil at bay, but you can always put some powder over it just to make sure. I'm not a really big fan of cute bottles and boxes... I always prefer the simple ones so I really love this product's packaging. Would definitely repurchase when I'm done with Beyond the Solution.

on 2/26/2011 5:32:00 AM

I LOVE THIS BB CREAM!
it matches my skin tone perfectly & feels like my own skin (: i apply 1 layer and where i need more coverage 2 layers. i have oily/ acne prone skin and there are a lot of silicones and stuff in it, which can cause breakouts, but fortunately it doesn't break me out *.* it controls oil pretty good i think, but after a while i need to repowder. but that's okay.
this bb cream is affordable & works veeeeeery good. i will buy it again.
And packaging is super pretty (:

... I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BB CREAM :3