Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting eyeliner

Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting eyeliner

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, paraffin, PEG-6 beeswax, diisostearyl dimer dilinoleate, hydrogenated castor oil, ozokerite, calcium stearate, ceresin, alumina, TOCOPHEROL, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, and propylparaben. [+/- May contain CI 42090 / blue 1 lake, CI 75470 / carmine, CI 77007 / ultramarines, CI 77163 / bismuth oxychloride, CI 77288 / chromium oxide greens, CI 77289 / chromium hydroxide green, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide, CI 77742 / manganese violet, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide, and mica.

on 11/29/2017 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I remember being a teenage girl dreaming of buying pricey makeup and Le Stylo waterproof was going to be the liner I purchased because it's so well known for it's durability, well apparently I shoulda just dreamt of my Rimmel Exaggerate liner because this stuff is so not worth money. Super streaky and runny. I like the little blending sponge and how it glides. It's just really not waterproof or sweatproof.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Asked the MUA at Ulta for the BEST waterproof liner in the store. I have a problem with watering eyes, and eyeliner never stays put, I end up looking like a raccoon (not in a cute way.)

I usually have great results with Lancome products, but this time might of broke me of the brand.

For about $40, this is absolute junk. I have had Sally's brand liners that performed ten times better than this! It is criminal how much this cost, compared to it's performance.

The application was horrendous, stiff and waxy, looked like Morse code. It pulled at my lids and scratched my eyes out. Waterproof, yes. When it's time to TAKE IT OFF. Other than that, it slid right down my under eyes and off of the corners of my eyes, making me into Uncle Fester in no time. The smudger on the end was more like a pumice stone.

Absolutely the worst purchase I've ever made.

on 9/8/2017 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I had tried lining the waterline and found my eyes to look terrible. I avoided the water line until this lovely Lancome Le Stylo long lasting liner. LOVE IT. I use the Chocolate color and it makes my eyes pop with color. I am not sure how long an eyeliner lasts but this one does about 8 hours on me. It can get messy if you don't use a steady hand. It is super creamy goes on smooth and feels beautiful on. No tugging not pulling no pain when lining the eyes. I use it on the waterline and above the lash to make my lashes look fuller.

I wish I could sharpen the point better so that I could make a finer line but that is what I get with a pen product. Anyway love this liner perfect for the dry sensitive eyed person.

Are you looking for brilliant blue liner? A vibrant cobalt shade that will make blue eyes pop? Look no further than "Sapphire." When I swatched this at the counter, it must have oxidized because it looked like more of a periwinkle blue. To be sure, this is a bold color - I paired it with neutral taupe shadows. I can not attest to water proof claims because it's not beach season yet. Nevertheless, this would be an awesome shade for summer.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

It is a great on the top lids eye liner. It's smooth, easy to use and very black. I use it for those days that I want a line on my lid (to give illusion of thicker lash line), but do not use it for a wing (only liquid really works for that). I also notice that on ME, not sure about others, it will not ever last long in my waterline. Maybe half an hour tops. I kid you not, my Essence $4 long lasting eye pencil is great for my waterlines and tightlining. However, I have constant allergies, my waterlines are always stubborn at keeping product there. Anyhow, I am glad that I have this Lancome one. Will continue use but won't re-purchase as I can get the same for a fraction of the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my holy grail "water-line" eyeliner. I'm only using black color so I don't know how other colors work. So my review is for the "black" color only (you know how different color gives different results :)

I wear this eyeliner everyday. This eyeliner is intensely black. The quality is great, very soft....no pulling/poking. I only apply this eyeliner on my water-line and it works wonderfully. I apply it since 7:00 am 'til late at night and this eyeliner doesn't smudge, doesn't smear, doesn't give me panda eyes, etc. Usually eyeliners don't stay well on water-line at all, except for this one. It stays intact until I remove it with eye makeup remover. It is truly a long lasting eyeliner.

Plus, I'm a contact lens wearer and I use contacts drops every hour all day and this eyeliner doesn't even move or budge. I highly recommend this eyeliner. The only thing is that it is pretty expensive for an eyeliner :(

on 10/28/2014 11:54:00 AM

I purchased this in Amethyst because I'm a sucker for purples, and thought this was a nice Fall shade. I tried it on my hand and was like wow this is beautiful I can't wait to use it. So I have this and I figured I'd just use the Fergie Primer that is kinda a dupe for Sin. So I use that for luminosity. I start to apply this and it's not as dark as when I swatched it on my hand?!? So I'm thinking it just needs some more layers. Nope still not that vibrant amethyst! I have tried this with different primers too same low pigmentation. Is the colour still pretty absolutely, but it's not as vibrant as I would like it to be.

My lids always usually get oily and it makes my liner transfer. I don't have that problem with this liner. So that's a total plus! Also I do not use this on my waterline and do not think this is a good liner for that. This is more for the lash lines and to smudge it out a bit. It does do that and the shade looks nice with my green eyes. It lasts maybe 6 hours maybe more but I always carry my mu bag. Hey I'm a true makeup lover so I can touch up if I need to but I haven't needed to do that, I also like that no sharpener is needed that's a plus in my book.:)

So I give this 4 lippies because the shade swatched does not transfer the same on my eyes. That's ok because it's still a good liner and I do like it and use it. It is something that I'm glad I have in my arsenal but it's not a nessecity by any means. I don't think it's fair to rate this low because it didn't stay on the waterline because that's what a kohl liner is for. So if you're looking for that this is not it. If you like to enhance your eyes with a little smudging this looks really good IMO. I would buy other shades and I smudge with my finger but I will try and make use of that smudger;) Recommend!

on 5/6/2014 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been wearing this eyeliner for 3 years now and it's still my favorite from all the other high end liners I've tried. I only wear this in my waterline and it literally stays on all day. I don't wear this on my lid bc I normally do a winged liner so liquid or gel is best for that. But if you want a liner that last on your waterline all day, I highly recommend the le stylo.

One of the staples in my makeup bag is eyeliner. Being Asian I usually wear a brown, smokey eye on an everyday basis to create the illusion of wider eyes. Thus over the years I've been fortunate (and unfortunate) enough to experiment with a lot of different eyeliners. Lancome's Le Stylo Waterproof eyeliner would be in the middle of the pack.

Pros:
- A very true, rich black.
- Draws on smoothly with very little tug.
- Blends very well.
- Has a smudger on the other side that helps create smokey eyes.
- I've rarely experienced any small breaks in the kohl that can result in large pieces getting stuck to my eyelid (annoying more than anything, and wasteful).

Cons:
- Very expensive for mediocre performance.
- Expect a bit of a racoon eye at the end of the day.
- Colour fades after a few hours.
- Cheap packaging.

I understand that there are different kinds of eyeliners for different purposes. Gels and liquid eyeliners are more for cat-eyes and very solid, clean lines. Pencil is better for subtly. Kohl is usually meant for a darker, night time look because of its beautiful ability to smudge. But I just couldn't justify the price tag (around $30 CAN I believe) when the colour fades and transfers after a fairly easy day at work and school.

The best eyeliner out there in my opinion

Goes on lovely, it takes a few strokes to build up the colour if you like it insanely black like myself.
But it lasts all day! No running into corners or smudging!
From when I apply it at 8am to 7pm
Just brilliant!
It's very good for sensitive eyes aswell. No irritation at all.
Bit pricey but well worth the money.