Moroccanoil Light

Moroccanoil  Light

4.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butyphenyl Methlpropional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Extract, Parfum (fragrance), D&C Yellow-11, D&C Redd-17, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl lonone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My no 1 can't live without it hair product. For reference, I have very thick dark brunette hair and a lot of it... so I'm not at all who the light formula is marketed for. I went through a couple bottles of the original formula before I switched to the light. They both work amazingly well to smooth the frizz in my naturally wavy hair. My issue with the original is that it works great on days I wash my hair, but it can start to weigh hair down if you're using a little on non wash day and my hair doesn't get weighed down easily!

The light version does everything the original does for my hair, but it's a much lighter oil. My hair is much smoother, softer and just looks amazing with this stuff. For anyone who is not a fan of the scent of moroccanoil products just a warning (vanilla and orange blossom heavy), it lingers in my hair for several days! I would totally drench myself in this scent if I could but it's one of those scents people either love or they hate. If you can't tolerate the scent of this stuff or you want a cheaper alternative, Sexy hair has a product called soy renewal oil which is a pretty close dupe (slightly less moisturizing) to moroccanoil with a much lighter scent.

This product is a miracle worker! I always resisted buying it because I didn't want to drop the money on it and just assumed any argan oil would work the same, boy was I wrong. This is one of those luxury splurges you hear about and think you can live without, but actually can't!
Moroccan Oil is technically argan oil, which is oil from morocco - thus the name. This is not solely argan oil - there are other ingredients in it. I'm a firm believer in how people should just stick with what they really like, even if it is a little pricey, instead of trying a lot of lesser expensive things because you'll probably save just as much money and time and stress by just getting the real deal. I see so many people wear designer labels and hold their pricey starbucks but walk around with unblended makeup and fried hair and I'm like uhh this is your face/body so it's okay to spend a little money on it!! It lasts so long the money you drop on this will be worth it in the long-run

I can definitely tell a difference when I use this and when I take a break from it, like if i forget to bring a travel size on vacation
I like the packaging. it's a sleek, dark glass bottle to help keep the product potent. only the largest size has a pump, but go for that size if you like it - it's definitely a better value.
I'd much rather use this oil instead of a basic styling creme or basic serum because I think this provides a lot of nourishment and makes my hair look silky and smooth. It's like an all day treatment that makes my hair look great! Why put on a shine spray that probably has alcohol in it when you can put this on your hair to give it shine AND nourishment?!!
I have medium length, thin, blonde dyed hair that can get dry and is prone to breakage. I use a dime size of this throw middle and ends of my hair. this doesnt make your hair oily like some oils do, but still dont use too much!
It controls frizz well and makes my ends look so smooth and clean and healthy
I prefer to put this in my hair when it is dry or almost dry. I've used it when my hair is wet and also have mixed it in with a mask but my favorite way is when my hair is dry. it also doesnt tint my blonde hair which I really like

I tried the original version and did not like it as much as the light version. I have fine hair and usually dont mind it being weighed down, but the light version seemed to coat my hair better/more evenly, make it feel smoother, and penetrate deeper into my hair.
Honestly the light version feels like this silkiness could actually be my hair!!!! the original felt like more product sitting on my hair. im sure someone with coarser hair would love the original - i'm glad they have two options

Cons: price, provides no hold to hair, smell isn't my favorite and is scented slightly strong imo but you'll get used to it. This is not 100% argan oil, some may find that a con but I dont since the formula is so good. this oil doesnt make my hair any less volumized or less thick after styling, but if you want super high volume wait until the end to put this on. I think you'll be fine with the light.
This is ideally for your natural texture. Since it doesnt provide hold or texture you probably won't like the result if you use this before an updo or braid or style other-than simply down, pontyail, or bun.

I have tried the shampoo, conditioner, and leave in styling cream from this same line and while I do like them I dont think they're nearly as essential as the oil. Of course the rest of the moroccan oil line is good, but to save money I use different products

Here's go-to routine that i've been doing for a while: Use a mask once or twice a week (living proof restore, redken extreme, amika, even loreal. alternating a between protein/keratin and non protein products), shower with some kind of salon quality shampoo and conditioner (usually matrix biolage, joico, even redken. alternating with a purple shampoo for my blonde hair. once every couple months a clarifying shampoo but this oil hasnt made buildup an issue), then put a leave-in conditioner on wet hair (it's a ten or simply smooth keratin xtend. again, alternate the protein/keratin), let hair dry almost fully dry but I always have to hit it with a hair dryer so it lays the right way and so my bangs look good. I spritz some aveda thickening tonic in then blow dry, then after blowdrying smooth a small amount of this throughout my hair and it's perfection.
I've tried macadamia oil, which is nice and slightly less expensive and comparable, and I'll probably continue to purchase their mask but their oil isn't quite as good as the light version.

This really is as good as they say.
It's a light but ultra nourishing oil that leaves your hair silky, smooth, and healthy. It really absorbs into your hair and and doesnt leave buildup or any kind of awkward film

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have super duper fine hair and pretty much everything weighs it down. This serum does not. It's nothing magical, in fact it's not even a must-have. But if you're looking for something lightweight to control frizz, this should definitely be considered an option. I wish it worked for me on damp hair pre-blowdry but unfortunately it does absolutely nothing for me as far as heat protection. I figured out that for me, the only way to use this is for frizz control on dry hair. It really does smooth everything down and makes my hair look healthy and shiny (even though it's not, ha).

I know there are less expensive dupes out there, but I wanted to see if this particular brand worked for me. It works just fine, but given how expensive it is I'm not really looking at this product as a must-have. However, I'm still recommending it based on how effective it is at smoothing frizz on dry hair.

on 3/6/2016 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried over a dozen hair oils, and find Moroccanoil Light is the best one for my hair (fair, fine texture). Will repurchase.

I am just now coming to the end of my first bottle, which has lasted me about two years, used after every wash.
I used to avoid silicones but I've come to term with the fact that my hair and skin really like them, so I can deal :)
What to say that hasn't been said? My hair has a fine texture and many baby hairs and flyaways. A pump of this worked through damp hair before combing makes life much easier, giving my hair extra shine without weighing it down. It helps a lot with frizz and fluffiness, smells great, and feels nice.
Morrocanoil gets a bad rap but I see it as makeup for my hair-why wouldn't I want it to look as nice as it can with minimal effort? All my oils/treatments still soak in just fine, and my hairdresser says my ends are in great condition.
For reference, my hair is around bra strap length, treated with henna, and I only cut it every six months or so. I don't use heat on it often but still have zero issues with split ends or dryness. I really like my morrocanoil and its my go to serum :)

on 1/1/2016 5:44:00 PM

This product the best leave-in treatment I have ever tried, I am so in love with it, that I am on my fourth bottle now - 100ml lasts me about 3-5 months, but i like to use a lot and it doesn't weigh hair down. Recently I decided to go blond (from dark brown) and it took me few salon visits (yes, few months of horrible orange hair). But every time I went to hairdressers to go lighter and lighter, he asked me what I do to make my hair so healthy after all those bleaching sessions. And this oil is the answer, I use it every day at night - basically soak my hair in it (with Redken anti-snap and all sorts of hair masks in the shower, but I will review that later). And voila - four months later I still have my waist long hair which is now almost platinum. I will definitely repurchase, this is what keeps ends moisturised and healthy

on 10/20/2015 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great hair serum, you can use it on wet or dry hair and it never makes my hair look greasy. It makes my hair silky smooth and shiny. It's pricey but the large bottle lasted me for about a year. I did expected this to smell better because most seem to love the scent but it reminds me of a mens cologne.

on 6/22/2015 11:06:00 PM

This is about the only oil treatment I can use. All the others either leave my baby fine, damaged hair flat and greasy looking, or break out my scalp. This does neither. I can use about 3 to 4 drops, mostly on the last third of my chin length hair, and it works wonders to make my ends behave and look healthy and shiny. It doesn't weigh my hair down, and doesn't attract dirt/grunge like the regular argan oil. Even if you think you can't use oils, you may want to give it a try.

on 4/24/2015 1:30:00 PM

Finally, a hair oil that I can use more than .5 drops of! Those of you with fine hair know what I'm talking about.

It smells divine, it's fun to work into my hair (like I said, the light version means I get to use a real amount of product), and it works. It delivers softness, shine, light texturing, and beautifully scented hair.

I'm normally very cheap when it comes to haircare but I would gladly spend the $50 for this over and over again. It lasts a looong time, so if you need a nudge into buying it, remind yourself of that. But mostly, buy it because it's heaven in a bottle!

This serum/oil smells wonderful. I am most pleased to find the formulated a product to cater to those with lighter hair. My wife is a blonde and I use it on her ends. The end result is soft, shiny, sweet smelling hair.

Popular Hair Treatments