Moroccanoil Light

Moroccanoil  Light

4.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butyphenyl Methlpropional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Extract, Parfum (fragrance), D&C Yellow-11, D&C Redd-17, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl lonone.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have super duper fine hair and pretty much everything weighs it down. This serum does not. It's nothing magical, in fact it's not even a must-have. But if you're looking for something lightweight to control frizz, this should definitely be considered an option. I wish it worked for me on damp hair pre-blowdry but unfortunately it does absolutely nothing for me as far as heat protection. I figured out that for me, the only way to use this is for frizz control on dry hair. It really does smooth everything down and makes my hair look healthy and shiny (even though it's not, ha).

I know there are less expensive dupes out there, but I wanted to see if this particular brand worked for me. It works just fine, but given how expensive it is I'm not really looking at this product as a must-have. However, I'm still recommending it based on how effective it is at smoothing frizz on dry hair.

on 3/6/2016 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried over a dozen hair oils, and find Moroccanoil Light is the best one for my hair (fair, fine texture). Will repurchase.

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

I usually avoid every kind of hair oil as my fine hair ALWAYS gets weighed down. After reading so many good things I purchased a small bottle. Now I can't live without.

I apply it just to the last third of my long hair before I blow dry and it seals the end and feeds my hair as well (unlike other silicon/synthetic oils) . I use a bit to smooth flyaways to if I need to. Basically you feel like you've had a salon blow dry every day. It is the most remarkable product I've ever used.

My hair has never been so healthy after ditching the straighteners and applying this after every wash. I also apply to the ends and leave over night as a treatment, and I wash it out next day.
The only con is that the smell which is absolutely delicious doesn't last 5 minutes when you've put it in your hair.

I am just now coming to the end of my first bottle, which has lasted me about two years, used after every wash.
I used to avoid silicones but I've come to term with the fact that my hair and skin really like them, so I can deal :)
What to say that hasn't been said? My hair has a fine texture and many baby hairs and flyaways. A pump of this worked through damp hair before combing makes life much easier, giving my hair extra shine without weighing it down. It helps a lot with frizz and fluffiness, smells great, and feels nice.
Morrocanoil gets a bad rap but I see it as makeup for my hair-why wouldn't I want it to look as nice as it can with minimal effort? All my oils/treatments still soak in just fine, and my hairdresser says my ends are in great condition.
For reference, my hair is around bra strap length, treated with henna, and I only cut it every six months or so. I don't use heat on it often but still have zero issues with split ends or dryness. I really like my morrocanoil and its my go to serum :)

on 1/1/2016 5:44:00 PM

This product the best leave-in treatment I have ever tried, I am so in love with it, that I am on my fourth bottle now - 100ml lasts me about 3-5 months, but i like to use a lot and it doesn't weigh hair down. Recently I decided to go blond (from dark brown) and it took me few salon visits (yes, few months of horrible orange hair). But every time I went to hairdressers to go lighter and lighter, he asked me what I do to make my hair so healthy after all those bleaching sessions. And this oil is the answer, I use it every day at night - basically soak my hair in it (with Redken anti-snap and all sorts of hair masks in the shower, but I will review that later). And voila - four months later I still have my waist long hair which is now almost platinum. I will definitely repurchase, this is what keeps ends moisturised and healthy

on 10/20/2015 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great hair serum, you can use it on wet or dry hair and it never makes my hair look greasy. It makes my hair silky smooth and shiny. It's pricey but the large bottle lasted me for about a year. I did expected this to smell better because most seem to love the scent but it reminds me of a mens cologne.

on 6/22/2015 11:06:00 PM

This is about the only oil treatment I can use. All the others either leave my baby fine, damaged hair flat and greasy looking, or break out my scalp. This does neither. I can use about 3 to 4 drops, mostly on the last third of my chin length hair, and it works wonders to make my ends behave and look healthy and shiny. It doesn't weigh my hair down, and doesn't attract dirt/grunge like the regular argan oil. Even if you think you can't use oils, you may want to give it a try.

on 4/24/2015 1:30:00 PM

Finally, a hair oil that I can use more than .5 drops of! Those of you with fine hair know what I'm talking about.

It smells divine, it's fun to work into my hair (like I said, the light version means I get to use a real amount of product), and it works. It delivers softness, shine, light texturing, and beautifully scented hair.

I'm normally very cheap when it comes to haircare but I would gladly spend the $50 for this over and over again. It lasts a looong time, so if you need a nudge into buying it, remind yourself of that. But mostly, buy it because it's heaven in a bottle!

This serum/oil smells wonderful. I am most pleased to find the formulated a product to cater to those with lighter hair. My wife is a blonde and I use it on her ends. The end result is soft, shiny, sweet smelling hair.

I have used Moroccanoil [original] Treatment but decided to purchase the "light" version after processing my hair to a "lighter" shade. Since then I have only used Moroccanoil Light and have probably repurchased about 3 times (the full-size bottle!) This is over the course of a couple of years, a full-size bottle lasts me about 6 months. I use this on mostly (about 85%) dry ends. My post shower hair care regimen is a leave in treatment with protein, seal/protect with Chi Silk Infusion, low-heat dry to about 85%, then this treatment on the lengths of the hair, extra focus on the ends. I have used other serums but this is the most penetrating for my hair type, and the most moisturizing. I love One 'n Only products but their argan oil treatment cannot even compare to this. It basically just sits on top of my hair and doesn't do anything. Moroccanoil Light = HG

Popular Hair Treatments