CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine - Boy

3.7

Bis-Behenyl/Isostearyl/ PhytosterylDimer-Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate - Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate - Pentaerythryl Tetraethylhexanoate - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Diisosteraryl Malate - Squalane - Isotridecyl Isononanoate - Synthetic Wax - Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer - Meadowfoam Delta-Lactone - Sorbitan Isostearate - Lauryl PCA - Tocopheryl Acetate - Alumina - Parfum (Fragrance) - Silica - PEG-8 - Tocopherol - Tin Oxide - Ascorbyl Palmitate - Ascorbic Acid - Citric Acid - ( /- May Contain: CI 12085, CI 15850, CI 15985, CI 17200, CI 19140, CI 42090, CI 45380, CI 45410, CI 73360, CI 7570, CI 77163, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 7742, CI 77891, Mica)

This is the more natural one ive tried out in the coco shine line. It looks like my lips but better. Adding extra oomph and plumpness! I look like i have healthy kissable lips. The texture of this is so buttery and feels super hydrating and non sticky. Feels comfy on the lips and i love it. I usually hate lip products other than lip stains. My favorite formulas are the Chanel rouge allure Ink, rouge allure liquid powder and then this rouge coco shine. All of these are comfortable on the lips. This is my go to everyday lip balm that gives a little bit of color and pouty effect. It goes really well as a base for other lip colors and formulas. Its pretty much a glorified tinted lip balm. I love how its super natural sheen and Its not too shiney either. This on me is a nude mauve. It doesnt wash me out which i am very happy about. Nc20 c1 beige 20. Id repurchase or maybe try out another shade. For now this is my favorite lip product of all time. So easy to slap on without a mirror and just perfect.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I never finish lip products, and usually wear glosses not lipsticks, but Boy is in a category of its own! I love the color, the “glossy” effect, and how smooth it is. It’s not very pigmented, but that’s what I prefer. Just a wash of color. You can wear this casually or dressed up. I’m on my second tube and will repurchase again.

It is a very natural nude colour that is almost invisible after application. It is so natural looking that it is like your natural lip colour just prettier. It feels very light on the lips after application and does not leave whitish-marks.
I wish it were a bit more hydrating though.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A tale of woe. I heard so much about this “golden pinky nude with champagne sparkle” and I really wanted It to work in a bad way. Sadly the experience for me it was “all sizzle, no steak”. No colour payoff whatsoever when I looked in the mirror and I applied it rather thick. However, the trip was not a waste as I discovered and purchased Bonheur.

I'm in love with this lipstick! I'm a big fan of the Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks because they are lightweight, very moisturizing and come in a wide range of very flattering colors. No, they don't last as long as many other lipsticks, but then I don't expect them to: longer lasting lipsticks tend to be drying (especially if they're highly pigmented, such as reds) and I don't like the stain they leave behind. Boy is a light, warm nude with hints of pink, like my natural lip color but better. Much, much better. It's very shiny and glossy, which I love. Because it looks so natural, I'll wear it either on days when I don't want to look as though I'm wearing makeup (although of course I am) or as a counterpoint to smoky eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

i bought one in 'deauville'. will not re-purchase for the reasons already stated in other comments. color payoff isn't there. it costs too much to just be a glorified lip balm. i'll keep it because we're heading into the dry hot summer months, but otherwise i'll pass on this one.

The newest addition (or should I say "addiction") to my budding chanel collex are the rouge coco shines in Bonheur (plum brown), Deauville (brown nude), & Boy (golden pink nude mauve...definitely a complex color!). I love the rouge coco shines: they feel so lux on the lip & Boy has lasted thru eating 2 slices of pizza & 4 hours later I just feel like I'm getting around to reapplying but i can still feel traces of it left. Impressive! I get the same effects from normal lipstick but this is a balm more so than a normal lipstick still impressed. The packaging is so pretty it's a long slim black tube w gold accents very riche & nice; & this along w Mademoiselle are prob Chanel's most popular lipsticks maybe coromandel too for a good reason. If you have $37 burning a hole in ur pocket buy Boy. It looks good w a simple winged black eyeliner & simple face. I like to wear primer (Chanel blanc is wonderful!), liquid fdtn, pressed powder, & blush normally then add in liner (calligraphie de Chanel is nice or a liquid), black mascara (Chanel volum WP Noir) & brows 40 Naturel & I have my entire simple look if I'm in a hurry.

My daughter who is a makeup artist suggested this shade for me. She knows I don't like lipsticks that "wear me" - prefer to have something soft and flattering. I LOVE it. So easy to apply and very moisturizing. I reach for this instead of lip balm. Highly recommend for fair skinned blondes :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have used Chanel Rouge Allure lipsticks for years and have found them very good with nice colours and moisturising. I also recently used a Rouge Coco lipstick which was also very good. So I assumed Rouge Coco Shine would be ok too - wrong!

Two days into using this my lips are chapped and peeling. Also, the colour just disappears after about half an hour.

The shop where I bought this doesn't accept returns so that's 25 pounds down the drain.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I know this lipstick gets lots of love everywhere and let me just firstly state that I don't hate this lipstick, but I think it's overrated.

This shouldn't be called a lipstick, it more like a balm. Yet, I know of many balms that give better color and coverage than this lipstick. This lipstick is more of a wash of color. The color is a nude-pink with iridescent, very fine champagne shimmers. I will admit the color is very pretty and will flatter just about anyone. This lipstick is on the very thin side of consistency and my own pigmented lips show directly through. Doesnt even look like I have anything on, clear lipgloss would have the same effect. The feel is very slippery and moist, not oily. Decently moisturizing but I wouldn't use this on dry cracking lips. Longevity is next to none, I have to reapply quite often. I can imagine I will already be through this tube coming up soon and I recently bought it. Packaging is typical Chanel, chic and appealing to look at; it actually gives me more excitement than the lipstick itself.

Overall, I feel very "meh" about this lipstick. It's a such basic and expensive lipstick. I regret buying it. This lipstick reminds me of two other lipsticks: Estee Lauder Tiramisu and Loreal Caramel Comfort. Both are less expensive(especially Loreal's) and have the same color more or less and give more coverage than Chanel Boy. I will use up my tube of Chanel but I will not be repurchasing. There are many other beautiful Chanel lipsticks worth the price.