Chanel Rouge Coco Shine - Boy

3.7

Bis-Behenyl/Isostearyl/ PhytosterylDimer-Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate - Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate - Pentaerythryl Tetraethylhexanoate - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Diisosteraryl Malate - Squalane - Isotridecyl Isononanoate - Synthetic Wax - Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer - Meadowfoam Delta-Lactone - Sorbitan Isostearate - Lauryl PCA - Tocopheryl Acetate - Alumina - Parfum (Fragrance) - Silica - PEG-8 - Tocopherol - Tin Oxide - Ascorbyl Palmitate - Ascorbic Acid - Citric Acid - ( /- May Contain: CI 12085, CI 15850, CI 15985, CI 17200, CI 19140, CI 42090, CI 45380, CI 45410, CI 73360, CI 7570, CI 77163, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 7742, CI 77891, Mica)

My daughter who is a makeup artist suggested this shade for me. She knows I don't like lipsticks that "wear me" - prefer to have something soft and flattering. I LOVE it. So easy to apply and very moisturizing. I reach for this instead of lip balm. Highly recommend for fair skinned blondes :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have used Chanel Rouge Allure lipsticks for years and have found them very good with nice colours and moisturising. I also recently used a Rouge Coco lipstick which was also very good. So I assumed Rouge Coco Shine would be ok too - wrong!

Two days into using this my lips are chapped and peeling. Also, the colour just disappears after about half an hour.

The shop where I bought this doesn't accept returns so that's 25 pounds down the drain.

To Read all 80 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I know this lipstick gets lots of love everywhere and let me just firstly state that I don't hate this lipstick, but I think it's overrated.

This shouldn't be called a lipstick, it more like a balm. Yet, I know of many balms that give better color and coverage than this lipstick. This lipstick is more of a wash of color. The color is a nude-pink with iridescent, very fine champagne shimmers. I will admit the color is very pretty and will flatter just about anyone. This lipstick is on the very thin side of consistency and my own pigmented lips show directly through. Doesnt even look like I have anything on, clear lipgloss would have the same effect. The feel is very slippery and moist, not oily. Decently moisturizing but I wouldn't use this on dry cracking lips. Longevity is next to none, I have to reapply quite often. I can imagine I will already be through this tube coming up soon and I recently bought it. Packaging is typical Chanel, chic and appealing to look at; it actually gives me more excitement than the lipstick itself.

Overall, I feel very "meh" about this lipstick. It's a such basic and expensive lipstick. I regret buying it. This lipstick reminds me of two other lipsticks: Estee Lauder Tiramisu and Loreal Caramel Comfort. Both are less expensive(especially Loreal's) and have the same color more or less and give more coverage than Chanel Boy. I will use up my tube of Chanel but I will not be repurchasing. There are many other beautiful Chanel lipsticks worth the price.

Rouge Coco Shine Boy was my very first Chanel lipstick and despite it being not the most pigmented lipstick out there, and with its high price tag, I was still very happy to bite the bullet for this bullet, literally.

It is a "my lips but better" shade, and it wears relatively well on me, I get over 3 hours' wear with this, and I simply love how there's no need for me to hold up a mirror and reapply as I know I will never go wrong with this, however much I layer on.

I'm a huge fan of nude-ish lipsticks, and this has just the right amount of blue undertones, just enough without washing me out.

Having said all this, I am sure there are cheaper dupes for Boy, but I will be repurchasing this when it runs out because I have fussy lips, and many lipsticks tend to dry them out... bar this one. It also helps that I'm very much in love with this shade and I'm more than willing to hold out on buying say, three drugstore lippies in exchange for this one. =)

Lovely!

This is my Holy Grail, Your Lips but Better lip colour. It's a sheer, yet noticeable wash of colour, that brightens up your whole face and gives your lips lustre without lots of glitter and sparkles.

It's a bit pricey for a tinted lip balm, but it's moisturising and the colour pay-off is great. Plus, the Chanel packaging looks great in a handbag or on a vanity!

It it beautiful pinky mauvy nude color. The texture is sheer so you can't expect much pigmentation. I don't mind semi-transparent finish, so the product is just perfect to me. Feels smooth and balmy on the lips. Needs to be re-applied quite often so you might run out of it pretty soon as the amount of product you get is not big.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really love this color. It's a light pinky/mauve-nude that looks good on my fair, cool skin tone. The formula is sheer and moisturizing, but needs to be reapplied often, and for the price and amount of product you get--not worth it. I hope I can find a cheaper dupe.

UPDATE: I've had this for about 6 weeks and I didn't use it at all for two weeks during the holidays. I've started using it again this week and I'm halfway done with it. I've had to reapply so often that it's ridiculous. This was a waste of money and I will not be purchasing Coco Shine lipsticks in the future.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love "Boy" ... being fair skinned many nudes wash me out, so this lovely neutral is a great alternative. While it does have shimmer, it is subtle and flattering. This sheer wash of colour is great for days when you are otherwise makeup free since it gives you just enough colour without being overbearing. It's flaws are that it doesn't last very long and it sadly lacks moisturization...and for a lipstick I reach for so often this is disappointing, so I take one lippy.

This is the perfect my-lips-but-better lipstick. The color is just a bit darker than my natural lipcolor (I have fair skin) and looks nice without being overdone, very suitable for daytime. The product feels very light and creamy, almost like a lipbalm and applies easily. When drinking it leaves some of the lipstick on the glass but not so much that you need to reapply. Because the color is so close to my lipcolor it doesnt matter if it fades a bit during the day so its perfect for busy days when you have no time to reapply your lipstick several times throughout the day. This color is not a showstopper that will draw attention, this is suble and pretty and lovely as an everyday lipstick or for those who are new at wearing lipstick, this makes an easy transition for those used to wearing balms or glosses. I would definitely recommend this product and would buy it again when mine is empty.