Complex 15 Therapeutic Face Cream

3.8

Complex 15 daily face cream: water, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, squalane, glyceryl stearate, propylene glycol, PEG-40 stearate, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, glycol stearate, myristyl myristate, stearic acid, carbomer, magnesium aluminum silicate, diazolidinyl urea, lecithin, sodium hydroxide, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, BHT, tetrasodium EDTA.

I love this stuff! It is perfect for dry and acne prone skin. It is fairly cheap too, I pay $10/bottle for about 8 weeks worth of product. This is not a deep moisturizer, at least not for me. If you need a deep moisturizer, I suggest something else. I would suggest this for a daily moisturizer. I mix it with foundation, or apply with my acne cream.

I don't find it causes acne, breakouts, or oiliness. My skin is fairly sensitive, and I have an unknown allergy (contact dermatitis) but this doesn't cause any issue.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I recently tried this product as part of a "bland" healing regime after an allergic reaction. It is one of only a few products that did not burn my poor tortured face when it was super sensitized and raw.

I am using this as my light, daytime moisturizer. It has the lovely, silky consistency of a higher end cream, absorbs quickly, doesn't appear greasy on the skin and wears well under makeup. It isn't clogging my pores or irritating in any way. It is incredibly moisturizing for how light it feels.

I feel like this was a real hero in helping my skin to heal, and because of the pleasing, wearable consistency, and unbelievable price point, I am planning on keeping this in my regime as I slowly add back in serums and "actives". I wish I had found this years ago!

To Read all 135 Reviews, Login or Join

Gave Complex a solid 3 week effort, but it did not work for me. I bought this (in Canada) for about $12 because I knew a friend who used it, and the packaging descriptions looked like it would be good for sensitive skin. I had previously been using Avene hydrance optimal (35$ for a small tube from shoppers drug mart) which is getting expensive.

In the first week I started breaking out- especially in areas that I never usually break out in like my cheeks and neck, and huge ones too. I was getting dry and redder areas on my face, which sucked because my skin is usually pretty flawless. I also found my makeup wasn't going on as nice. I tried using my favourite spot treatment (tactuo prescription) on the pimples towards the end of my trial, but it didn't help. Now that I'm back to my old favourite moisturer my skins stopped breaking out and slowly returning.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only moisturizer I've used for years. It works well and doesn't break me out. I do need somethin heavier in the winter tho. I was upset when I heard it was being discontinued. However, i found out it is still being manufactured and sold in Canada! So you can still order it online.

on 8/31/2014 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I purchased this for fifteen bucks at the Superstore a few months ago. I've had to give up impruv cream, too heavy and I suspect cheaper formulation. It really was irritating my skin.
I tried Olay for Sensitive skin moisturizing lotion, but it was still too rich. I picked complex 15 up because I figured what did I have to lose.
I've used it on and off for a few months. It does not irritate, but contrary to it's oil free claim touted on the package-both squalane and caprylic diglycerides are oil derivatives. Still considered oils.
This cream while light, sometimes aggravates my KP on the sides of my face and clogs a few pores. No big complaints. Will continue to use til I find something better
***UPDATE*** I have stopped using this. I found after a week of exclusive use I was getting clogged pores and pimples.
I'm trying out Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion now, and will review in 3 weeks.
***UPDATE*** I discovered it was not complex 15...or anything Im using on my skin. It's the sugary gluten free trap I fell into. Sugar=bad skin. Ive noticed a lack of color, radiance, firmness and quality when I eat too much sugar.
The cetaphil was ok but Sunflower seed oil makes my face feel sweaty. Love it as a body lotion.
I tried this again, and I am pleased. I will pick it up again and use it :)

This moisturizer calls to mind Goldilocks, in search of the right porridge; this product is not too heavy, not too light, but juuuuust right, for my needs at least. I have VERY acne prone skin, so my face gets oily even a couple of hours after using a face wash. But it is also January in southern Ontario, and everyone's skin is cracking to hell. Complex 15 is perfect for me in the winter, because it isn't greasy and soaks into my skin fairly quickly, but it also seems to be strong enough to allow my skin to hold up during those abrasive -20, windchill days. It hasn't broke me out either, and has actually helped prevent my acne spots from drying out and cracking against my skin. However, I don't think this moisturizer will be good for the summer, which is why I took a lippie off. I travelled to India this December and when I used it there, it did feel greasy and didn't soak into my skin as well, so I bought an Indian brand moisturizer that worked much better in that climate. The weather in Chennai, India is above 30 celsius all year round, but in southern Ontario it is only that warm 2-3 months out of the year if that, so I don't mind that this product isn't good for that time of year; my Indian brand should get me through. :) The price of Complex 15 seems to be competitive with or cheaper than any other moisturizer I've looked at in my area and online, so I don't have any complaints about how much I'm paying, relative to this product's performance.

Overall, I believe that this is a good lightweight moisturizer for acne-prone, oily skin, particularly in the winter/cooler months. But if you live in a climate that is hot + humid most of the year (lucky duck!) I would suggest going with a product that is going to perform better in that weather. :)

on 12/5/2013 7:27:00 PM

I love this lotion. Get this if you are looking for a hassle free moisturizer to use after cleansing and toning your face. It's gentle and does not irritate my skin or cause breakouts. It's not suuuper moisturizing, which I don't need, I just need a simple moisturizer to keep my skin from being dry. :)

on 11/22/2013 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Was hoping to find a good, unscented lightweight moisturizer without the Bioderma Sensibio (which I love for winter) price tag. Aaaaand.....Nope. Not for me. Clog and acne-prone, sensitive, dehydrated skin? STAY AWAY. Felt nice and light going on, but dried to an almost waxy finish and left my skin tight and uncomfortable. By the end of the day the pores on my nose, chin, cheeks and forehead were ugly and enlarged, and this morning I woke up with major blackheads and a few whiteheads. Blech. Guess it's back to Bioderma. I even tried this as a hand moisturizer, and found it drying. Returning it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have acne prone skin, 36 so need to start worrying about wrinkles but I cannot wear anything too greasy due to my acne...I have been using this since 2008 and I adore it. So thin, non greasy, not thick and gloopy and doubles over as a nice mascara remover. I will always buy this. I switch back and forth between Complex 15 and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. I am lightly brown skinned so I need it often so I do not have white patches on my face. My skin is a combo between oily and dry (which is extremely annoying) so this soothes me just fine. I took off a lippy because they keep on raising the price here in Toronto, Canada. I like it too for my hands, neck and legs.

on 8/21/2013 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

After having a bad allergic reaction to a makeup removing cloth, my regular moisturizer wasn't working. I saw this and just picked it up to experiment with. I was cynical but after the first time of using it, I literally felt my skin starting to heal from the scaly, peeling, puffy skin I was experiencing. I have acne-prone, sensitive dry skin so I didn't think a thin, runny face cream would work but there's something special in it that just repaired my skin. It's now silky soft and I haven't broken me out. It actually gives my skin a dewy look. I've been using this over a month and it is now my hg face cream!!