Perricone Cold Plasma SubD

Cold Plasma SubD

3.3

on 2/15/2018 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I'm really enjoying (and appreciating) the Perricone products I've been using for 2 months. The Cold Plasma, along with the Acyl-Glutatione Eyelid Serum, High Potency Amine Face Lift, Acyl-Glutathione, Cold Plasma Sub-D, and Multi-Action Overnight Treatment. My skin texture has improved noticeably - it's smoother and my pores are less noticeable. These products have also helped my eyelids to firm up slightly.

When I emailed the Perricone staff to check most effective order for these products, answer is below: (I still use my Tretinoin 0.1% gel about 4 nights per week so I'm not using just the Perricone products, although I do use his products every single day - mornings and then most evenings. I also incorporate some of my other serums and creams as well, along with the Alpha Skin Care 14% Rejuvinating serum (glycolic acid) about 4 nights per week, prior to the Tretinoin. This glycolic acid strength is quite powerful so if you're not used to this higher strength, I'd start with something less potent, like 10% or less).

"Thank you for reaching out to Perricone MD. Here is a good regimen.
AM: cleanser, then Cold Plasma, High Potency Amine Face Lift, Acyl Glutathione and moisturizer.
PM: Cleanse, then Cold Plasma, multi Action Over Night and moisturizer.
AM & PM: Acyl Eye serum, an eye cream. AM & PM Cold Plasma Sub D for the neck."

Based on the reviews of the Cold plasma SubD . Im not sure if this product is safe to use. I think its best to stick to organic natural products.

on 5/2/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had a really strange experience with Cold Plasma SubD. I used it as directed -- jawline to collarbone, around the back of my neck and behind my ears, morning and evening. Around day 10 I began to notice a persistent unfamiliar smell and then an odd taste in the back of my mouth. At first I didn't associate with this product, so I continued with the twice-a-day regimen. Each day the odor and taste became steadily stronger, until around day 14 I began to experience the oddest sensation in my throat -- it seemed to be filled with a mildly irritating chemical cloud that moved around a bit in my throat, touching my eustachian tubes, infiltrating my nasal passages and descending toward my larynx, fading a bit then strengthening, but never entirely going away. I finally connected it to the Cold Plasma SubD and stopped the treatments. The sensations diminished and disappeared within about a week. All of this happened several months ago, and I haven't had any recurrence of symptoms since I stopped using the product. Perricone took a careful history of my experience and made a full refund immediately. I rather think that Perricone's claims that the product penetrates the intra-cellular structure are true, and that it has some side effects in some people. Too bad! My neck still needs some work.

on 3/31/2014 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This broke my neck out into a sandpaper feeling, red bumpy rash. Ew!!! Tried 2 dif jars on 2 dif occasions (really wanted it to work!) and same both time. On the plus side, perricones customer svc is outstanding and they refunded me without even asking for the product back so I gave it away.

on 12/28/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought into the infomercial on cold plasma sub d and wound up spending $150 on an introductory offer which included several full sized products on the perricone line. I have to say that the neck cream does work. It's not a super miracle potion but definitely tightened and smoothed my neck. The smell is a bit odd though. My second shipment arrived after 60 days with more full sized products which I thought was great. I now have at least 6 months worth of neck cream. Had to cancel the auto replenishment for this product. Will buy only as I need it.

on 11/11/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this neck cream despite warnings about the smell. I used previously Cold Plasma for eyes and found it very effective. I assumed the neck cream was going to be just as good for my skin.

Unfortunately the results were less than satisfactory. The cream comes in the usual basic, Perricone pot. Its consistency is almost liquid, not creamy at all. The color is also unappealing, sort of gray. Finally, the notorious smell is actually THAT bad. Good news is, it does not last long, but I still use it only in the evening.

I would not have mind the most unappealing appearance and smell if I had got results, but having almost reached the bottom of the pot, I am sorry to say that the results are as unremarkable as other neck creams I tried. But those at least looked and smelled better. Will not buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Here's the thing with Perricone products -- if you use the wrong products for your skin, you will hate this line. It can be touch and go picking the right products, and it is best not to let the marketing hype suck you in. This line isn't cheap, but the products that work for my skin are on the cheaper end of the spectrum. For my face, I use the hypo gentle cleanser in the PM and the glycolic cleansing bar at night. I use the intensive pore minimizer (AM and PM). In the AM, I use Intensive Pore Treatment, followed by Hypoallergenic Moisturizer. In the PM, I use Vitamin C Ester, then the High Potency Evening Repair, followed by Hypo Moisturizer. In the daytime, I use the No foundation foundation followed by the No Concealer Concealer. My favorite eye products so far are the acyl-glutathione and the hypo firming eye cream.

Now, here's what hasn't worked (I'll get to sub d). Cold Plasma -- I've tried it multiple times for my face, and within a couple of times of trying, I get those pre-cystic bumps. When I stop, they go away. So, I can't use Cold Plasma. Plus the smell is pretty awful that it would have to be completely amazing for me to use it if it did work. Second, the Deep Moisture Cream -- super stinky, and it did break me out on the jaw line. I've only tried it once on the face so far -- so, I"ll let my skin calm down and try it again.

So, that being said, a Perricone Rep (don't trust the chicks at Nordstrom who just want a commission to help you) helped me pick out the initial cleanser and treatments. I've since added one at a time after sampling. Most of what I've tried has worked, and the value has been there for the sizes of the product. Now that my texture, tone, and elasticity is improving, and my upper eyelids don't seem so droopy (I think I'm on my way in this area to better, younger eyes), my next thing to address was my neck. I have a touch of sag, a little double chin, and a little loss of elasticity down there.

Cold Plasma Sub D is awesome!! I have been using it for 2 weeks, and I put it all the way up to my jawline. It doesn't smell bad -- slightly lemony -- and, I really do have a sculpted jawline compared to before. I am super super impressed with this product. I'm not sure why this doesn't break me out but cold plasma does. I recommend getting samples from Nordy/Sephora or purchasing this one and returning if it doesn't work. This product showed the quickest results of anything in his line!

Here's the thing -- the jury is out for me in the High Potency Evening Repair. I'm not sure if it is better than Peter Thomas Roth's Fusion PM product. The cleansers are nice, but there are other nice cleansers out there. I really do like Vitamin C Ester a lot because my tone has improved a lot. The Pore Treatments do work well. I notice a definite tightening of my pores, and I've started using his no foundation foundation and concealer with a touch of powder on top instead of the full coverage foundations because my tone has improved that much. The elasticity -- when I would wake up, I'd have creases on my face for a couple of hours, and now, I don't have those anymore. I can't map exactly which product(s) are responsible for that.

My next thing to address will be the nasal labial folds as the creases are kind of prominent. I will probably ask for a sample of acyl glutathione cream next time I make a purchase!

on 7/27/2012 12:41:00 AM

I'm 56 and had a facelift and necklift 5 years ago. After the surgery I lost 50 lbs due to various digestive issues. The result - flabby skin on my neck and more noticeable band lines. I started using this product 4 years ago and the results are impressive. No more band marks and a much tighter neckline overall. Even my plastic surgeon raved at how well my neck was holding up. Yes, it's expensive, but like most of us, I'm willing to pay for something that actually works and this stuff does.

I used Revive neck cream for years but decided to try this product. I am now on my second or third jar of this. It feels nice, is hydrating, and has a pleasant smell. Has not stained my clothing and my neck looks great!!!

Investment vs. return. I was very excited to try this cream based on the number of positive reviews I had found while looking for an effective neck cream. I am in my early 40s and am fighting some loss of firmness due to weight loss and some premature aging issues. Yes I did get the occasional fishy waft, but as someone who has a fairly sensitive sense of smell I found it would fade and acceptable. What has not been acceptable are the results which have not justified the price given they have been little to none. Unfortunately I am still on the hunt for my personal holy grail neck cream