LUSH Brimstone

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
LUSH Brimstone

2.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this! I picked this up while on a trip. The LUSH sales associate showed me both this one and Mud Flats (which I also liked) but since Mud Flats seemed a little messier I went with Brimstone.

It's really exfoliating so you have to be careful on more delicate skin but on feet it's GREAT. On arms I have to be more gentle and break off a piece and rub it in by hand instead of rubbing the bar on directly.

To use this I've been wetting it in the bath and then rubbing it on trouble spots. It takes a little bit but it'll get soft enough to use after you give it a few minutes. I should have cut it into pieces first but I've been letting it air dry and then rewetting it and no real harm seems to be done.

First of all, I will acknowledge that I probably used this wrong. Instead of just simply wetting it and scrubbing it all over my body at once, I should have cut it into little pieces and used at different times. Nevertheless, even had I done that, I still don't think that I would like this scrub very much, because it fizzes and turns into a soft clay texture, thus rendering it useless. The consistency is way too . . . well, squishy, to provide much exfoliating action (and this is coming from someone who prefers gentle exfoliants; none of that microdermabrasion stuff). Also, because the texture is so thick, it sticks to your bathtub and takes a while to clean. If you like scrubs that fizz like bombs, then maybe, just maybe, this would be worth checking out. However, I can't imagine anyone enjoying scrubbing sticky clay stuff off their tub. >.<