LUSH Brimstone

Filtered by skin type : Combination
LUSH Brimstone

This product is not for the feint of heart. First, it's REALLY exfoliating (some reviewers have found it a bit too much for delicate skin. I find most body scrubs to be a bit wimpy, so I'm happy with the seriousness of this product). Second, the underlying smell (faint) is of sulphur, so akin to the striking of a match (which I happen to like, but probably not for everyone). Third, proper use is a bit technique sensitive (the product works best for me when I use the entire bar, that I've very carefully kept from ongoing exposure to moisture or running water, on my wet skin whilst standing out of the direct stream of the shower. Others, however, prefer to break off chunks to use as they go, while still others seems to like to pound it into a powder, make a paste and use that all over). Once I figured out the best way for me to use it, I couldn't be happier. My skin is, literally, as smooth as a baby's, all over (including my hips, butt, and upper back legs, which have historically defied most exfoliators). I like the underlying sulphur smell (again, very faint), as well as it's primary a soft jasmine smell (which is what I'm left with after rinsing). I did chunk a few bits and used them to scrub my hands, which are now wonderfully soft and smooth. I haven't tried it on my feet yet, but imagine I'll be pretty happy when I do. I wish there was a more convenient for Lush to package this product, and that's the only reason I'm not giving it a five, but I've already re-purchased it a few times.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this! I picked this up while on a trip. The LUSH sales associate showed me both this one and Mud Flats (which I also liked) but since Mud Flats seemed a little messier I went with Brimstone.

It's really exfoliating so you have to be careful on more delicate skin but on feet it's GREAT. On arms I have to be more gentle and break off a piece and rub it in by hand instead of rubbing the bar on directly.

To use this I've been wetting it in the bath and then rubbing it on trouble spots. It takes a little bit but it'll get soft enough to use after you give it a few minutes. I should have cut it into pieces first but I've been letting it air dry and then rewetting it and no real harm seems to be done.