SK-II Cellumination Deep Surge

Cellumination Deep Surge

3.5

on 4/22/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I apply this product after Cellumination Essence. This is a translucent, white gel-like cream which can be used in the day time as it is not greasy, heavy or oily. It has a flowery rose scent which is similar to the Essence, but less strong. Only a small dab is needed as it spreads out quite well. I would say that the product, together with the Cellumination Essence, does help to make skin more glowy and smooth. It took about 2 weeks for me to see some improvement in my skin condition.
Between the Essence and the Deep Surge Cream, I would say the Essence is better if you'd only want to purchase one. I prefer the texture of the Essence as it's hot and humid where I live and the Essence is lighter.

I've been using this product for a few months, as well as some other products in the SKII line, and it has worked as a decent moisturizer. It works a lot better than its counterpart, Cellumination Essence, which does NOTHING for my skin.
So the good things about this product: makes your face VERY moisturized (not for oily skin); might have some sort of brightening or whitening effect; makes your skin feel plump and soft.
Bad things: does nothing for pores; when I wake up after having used this, my face is really greasy; THE PRICE.

I will not be repurchasing this due to the price. If it were slashed in half, then I would consider it. I'm already on another moisturizer (about half the price of this) and it actually works a lot better than this.

on 7/25/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My review is for SKII Cellumination Deep Surge EX.

I don't like jars because the properties deteriorates with every opening.
Also, I've no idea what this is supposed to do. I don't feel that it is doing much except sits on top of my skin.

I will keep monitoring.

I must say it does not hurt my sensitive / allergic skin.

on 2/11/2013 1:02:00 AM

The texture of this is quite unusual, a sort of gel-cream, with a slight pearly sheen to it. It melts when applied to the skin, but somehow never quite gets absorbed and leaves my skin rather slick and shiny. I also suspect its too rich for my skin type as I broke out a bit after using it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using SK-II for almost 2 years, and of all the SK-II product, Cellumination line are total let down for me. This cellumination essence and cream, the packaging is beautiful, but the product somehow rubs together on my skin, and ball into white particles like eraser. It would NOT absord into skin. The more I rub the product, the more it clings to each other, and makes my skin look like im peeling off a mask. I have used the product right after cleansing, right after exfoliating, still the product clings to each other and leaves my skin with what only looks like peel off mask debris. I still love all the other SK-II products. I LOVE their clear lotion, FTE, signs cream, oil cleanser and creamy cleanser, signs eyecream, and whitening source essence. This is really beautiful, clear greenish gel-cream, but i'll just stick to my regular signs cream. Only Cellumination is fail for SK-II for me.

on 9/9/2012 3:12:00 AM

It is very moisturizing and not oily. My skin definitely look more radiant than before. It carries a very nice fragrance.

1 downside though, it gives me pimples occasionally. To avoid this, I only applies it to m face and neck in the morning and only my neck and dry areas at night.

It seems to work though.

on 6/20/2012 3:10:00 AM

So far so good. I love the light texture of this gel. It hasn't clogged my pores or cause any breakouts and I've been using this for 2 months.

I don't like the spatula which is annoying to keep clean. Would prefer a pump or squeeze bottle, though it won't look as luxe.

I would repurchase except it's too expensive. Looking for cheaper alternatives.

on 2/26/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love this moisturizer!

When I visited the SK-II store in Japan and got into the skincare, I was originally recommended another moisturizer. When I was checking out, the SA realized that she was sold out of that particular moisturizer (and I don't even remember which one it was!) and decided to give me this one to try out.

I am so glad she did! Because of all of the other skin care products that I had tried out, my skin, my cheeks in particular, were very dry. Not peeling dry, but no matter what moisturizer I tried, they would still be dry.

After using this during the day and the Skin Signature cream at night...my face was no longer dry. AFTER ONE USE.

I definitely recommend this moisturizer. I have combination skin, and even though my cheeks are better, this is not oily one bit.

Try it out! If you have super dry skin though, this probably won't work for you, FYI.

on 2/10/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Finally something not greasy! For my very oily, acne prone skin, every thing is greasy. Sk 2, facial treatment essence was a huge disappointment. So I am using cellumination line in essence now instead of cream. It leaves skin smooth and not shiny or greasy at all. I love how it gets absorbed. I still have to see results on its resurfacing skin. Will recommend for a try.

on 8/24/2011 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This gel cream is wonderful, does not give me reaction and not too oily for my super oily skin, does not give me break outs.

However, i think the whitening effect comes from the pearly coloured cream so it could be just the cosmetic effect. I would much prefer the skin brightener in the normal whitening range, but again that doesn't have the pearly effect on me.

i will give this more time and see what will happen, i will update.