SK-II Cellumination Deep Surge

3.6

on 7/25/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My review is for SKII Cellumination Deep Surge EX.

I don't like jars because the properties deteriorates with every opening.
Also, I've no idea what this is supposed to do. I don't feel that it is doing much except sits on top of my skin.

I will keep monitoring.

I must say it does not hurt my sensitive / allergic skin.

on 12/9/2013 4:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It is expensive one. But It gives great effect on my small pimples. It has been abt 3 months I use since october. I haven't seen any whitening effect yet. I am watching now.

on 4/7/2013 5:32:00 AM

I'm finishing my second jar and won't repurchase unless I can't find anything that performs as well at a lower price. This tightens pores and definitely brightens, making my skin more radiant. Second time round I used it in conjunction with the essence and the only noticeable benefit was that my scars faded faster without any increase in radiance or translucence. Fragrance is slight, almost unnoticeable and sinks in well as long as you slowly work it in. However, still a little too sticky and greasy day use in tropical climates. Overall I'm satisfied but I find the Essence alone delivers what I need (scar-lightening, pore-tightening). Though this lasts me a year, I believe there are similarly-performing moisturisers out there for less.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using SK-II for almost 2 years, and of all the SK-II product, Cellumination line are total let down for me. This cellumination essence and cream, the packaging is beautiful, but the product somehow rubs together on my skin, and ball into white particles like eraser. It would NOT absord into skin. The more I rub the product, the more it clings to each other, and makes my skin look like im peeling off a mask. I have used the product right after cleansing, right after exfoliating, still the product clings to each other and leaves my skin with what only looks like peel off mask debris. I still love all the other SK-II products. I LOVE their clear lotion, FTE, signs cream, oil cleanser and creamy cleanser, signs eyecream, and whitening source essence. This is really beautiful, clear greenish gel-cream, but i'll just stick to my regular signs cream. Only Cellumination is fail for SK-II for me.

on 10/28/2012 11:21:00 PM

I love this moisturizer. I was put off at first as on the website it says it has a whitening ingredient and I dont want "white" skin, it actually just gives you a glow and illumination, which is what the lady at the counter explained to me. This is light and not greasy and has a lovely scent to it. I am using the whole SKII range which I think is the best way to get / see results. I apply this morning and night, post cleansing, clear lotion, treatment essence and must say my skin has never been better. I would advise getting samples first. I went to David Jones, apparently some people can react to Pitera the main ingredient, so dont spluge on these products until you are sure you wont react to them. My skin loves the range, but one of my friends had a bad reaction and had already invested in the line.

I've been using this product for a few months, as well as some other products in the SKII line, and it has worked as a decent moisturizer. It works a lot better than its counterpart, Cellumination Essence, which does NOTHING for my skin.
So the good things about this product: makes your face VERY moisturized (not for oily skin); might have some sort of brightening or whitening effect; makes your skin feel plump and soft.
Bad things: does nothing for pores; when I wake up after having used this, my face is really greasy; THE PRICE.

I will not be repurchasing this due to the price. If it were slashed in half, then I would consider it. I'm already on another moisturizer (about half the price of this) and it actually works a lot better than this.

on 6/20/2012 3:10:00 AM

So far so good. I love the light texture of this gel. It hasn't clogged my pores or cause any breakouts and I've been using this for 2 months.

I don't like the spatula which is annoying to keep clean. Would prefer a pump or squeeze bottle, though it won't look as luxe.

I would repurchase except it's too expensive. Looking for cheaper alternatives.

on 4/27/2012 2:03:00 AM

Slick packaging, and nice scent. It does impart some radiance to the skin after some time, but for the price, I think I would stick with the Renew White Plus range by Laniege, which delivers better results at a lower price.

But it is a good lightweight moisturier for warm weather or if you have more oily skin types though, cos it absorbs well.

on 4/11/2011 3:59:00 AM

I got my sample of the deep surge from the SKII boutique spa. I first tried their facials using massage, FTE and cellumination essence and deep surge and found my skin instantly very smooth and firm. Thus I asked for the samples to continue trying them before I decide whether or not to purchase.

After 1 week of trying the whole range diligently, I have gotten both good and bad reviews from colleagues and friends.

My skin pigmentation has certainly lighten, so has the dark area under my eye. (though I suspect it is due to the ultrasound treament massage from the facial). However, the skin pigmentation is still faint as it was when I just finished the facial so I will continue trying. On the other hand, some people told me my skin looks dry even though it is soft to touch. Using the SKII FT UV lotion has helped that aspect of it as it certainly double up as a moisturizer in an air-conditioned work environment.

The SK-II Cellumination Deep Surge is a very light weight whitening facial moisturizer/treatment with a gel-liked base. It has a mild fragrance which I find surprising because most SK-II products either stink (like the toner) or has absolutely no scent. I personally think the fragrance is refreshing and quite likable. The gel-liked texture is none greasy but I always end up using more product than other SK-II creams like the Sign Signature because it is absorbed so instantly that I need to dig into the pot.

It is very moisturizing but even though I have oily combination skin, it still leaves my skin a little dry in the winter so for those with dry skin, this may not be the best cream to use during cold weather. As with all SK-II moisturizer, I was told that the product should be thoroughly massaged into the skin. The whitening and regenerative effect is not instantaneous but I have not had any negative reactions so the pot is worth going through before I decide whether or not to repurchase.