SKII Cellumination Deep Surge

Cellumination Deep Surge

3.9

on 4/22/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I apply this product after Cellumination Essence. This is a translucent, white gel-like cream which can be used in the day time as it is not greasy, heavy or oily. It has a flowery rose scent which is similar to the Essence, but less strong. Only a small dab is needed as it spreads out quite well. I would say that the product, together with the Cellumination Essence, does help to make skin more glowy and smooth. It took about 2 weeks for me to see some improvement in my skin condition.
Between the Essence and the Deep Surge Cream, I would say the Essence is better if you'd only want to purchase one. I prefer the texture of the Essence as it's hot and humid where I live and the Essence is lighter.

i have sensitive skin (by sensitive, i mean i get hives from cleansing products from loreal, elizabeth arden and even HG products from estee lauder-sad but true),on good days my face is clear but my t-zone area is prone to break-outs during that time of the month.
moving to melbourne 2 years ago, my eye area started having fine lines and i even had reddish dry patches on my cheeks which bled one day after using the heater overnight!!(i love melbourne BUT the air is DRY) my hada labo moisturisers/aloe vera gels no longer worked for me. and i was DESPERATE to save my skin. I bought this item after hearing my gf raved abt it over the phone. trust me, this stuff WORKS. it smells amazing , its light weight, your skin will drink this up!!!!
by day 1 i felt the difference, my cheeks no longer felt itchy when the wind blew. by day 2, the dry areas were healing up and the mild skin flaking was gone. my day 3 i realised the fine lines caused by the dryness were smoothened out. by day 5, my skin was soft and my eye area was less puffy in the mornings as well. makeup application was also much better and creased ALOT LESS. i'm now 4 months into using this and although my t zone area still gets oily after a long day at uni, i get alot less break outs. I LOVE THIS!!!! i can't wait to try out the whole range!!!!

on 10/2/2011 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

UPDATE 01/05/12 - I used up the jar, but switched over to the Skin Signature Cream because the cellumination one started making my skin feel raw especially on the cheeks. I still use the essence with no problems though. I would still recommend this product, especially for drier skintypes. ~~~~I love the subtle rose scent and the consistency - smooth, gel-like, and soaks in immediately without leaving a sticky finish. Deep surge is a fitting name for the cream because it behaves more like a serum, where it feels like it goes deep into the skin instead of being just a surface hydrator. I'm impressed that it feels so light yet hydrates adequately. Even on the drier parts of my face (cheeks, nose, lip areas) which I almost always have to layer another basic moisturizer on top. The cream has a pearlescent gleam to it, so it adds radiance almost immediately to the skin. I've been using the cream for a month now together with the matching essence, and I haven't had skin this luminous...previously I'd have to exfoliate like crazy and apply highlighting products to achieve the same level of radiance. Truly amazing!

on 2/5/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Thanks to the kind lady at the david jones sydney CBD SK II counter did I get to try this. When I first received the brochure for this I poo-pooed it. Sounded too gimmicky.

I was sold the 1st time i started to use it. I couldn't believe that a small 2.5g sample would last me close to a week! I proceeded to buy the 15g travel size to try and I'm definitely buying the bigger tub next!

I like that this has a non-obtrusive rose scent to it. The texture is gel like but not too watery neither is it sticky at all. The texture reminds me of ju ju aquamoist but maybe a little more coagulated. It glides on very well, feels incredibly hydrating, does not get greasy and I haven't experienced any clogged pores caused by this. You actually don't need to use a lot of this, a little does go a long way.

My skin feels hydrated when I have this on. I think for the colder weather, use something that's more emollient like skin signature. Now that I'm in Malaysia where it's hot, it hydrates me from day to evening. At night I use skin signature instead as a night cream. My skin still feels as supple as it does when using skin signature. I apply the essence before this for additional hydration. The gel cream sinks into my skin fairly quickly and I haven't had to wait long before applying my makeup. The best thing is - no shiny forehead but still hydrating.

In terms of the whitening effects, I haven't seen any on my skin and I'm not convinced that I will ever.

on 10/28/2012 11:21:00 PM

I love this moisturizer. I was put off at first as on the website it says it has a whitening ingredient and I dont want "white" skin, it actually just gives you a glow and illumination, which is what the lady at the counter explained to me. This is light and not greasy and has a lovely scent to it. I am using the whole SKII range which I think is the best way to get / see results. I apply this morning and night, post cleansing, clear lotion, treatment essence and must say my skin has never been better. I would advise getting samples first. I went to David Jones, apparently some people can react to Pitera the main ingredient, so dont spluge on these products until you are sure you wont react to them. My skin loves the range, but one of my friends had a bad reaction and had already invested in the line.

I've been using this product for a few months, as well as some other products in the SKII line, and it has worked as a decent moisturizer. It works a lot better than its counterpart, Cellumination Essence, which does NOTHING for my skin.
So the good things about this product: makes your face VERY moisturized (not for oily skin); might have some sort of brightening or whitening effect; makes your skin feel plump and soft.
Bad things: does nothing for pores; when I wake up after having used this, my face is really greasy; THE PRICE.

I will not be repurchasing this due to the price. If it were slashed in half, then I would consider it. I'm already on another moisturizer (about half the price of this) and it actually works a lot better than this.

on 11/18/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I've been using this moisturiser for 3 years now, it is the lightest and most suitable moisturiser for my skin, I never experience breakout ever since I use this.

I use it as my night cream along with other products from the same line. I prefer a light moisturiser because I can put more essences on my skin and with all the essences along with this moisturiser, it doesn't leave my face feeling oily and doesn't clog up my pores. It is a very god product for layering, easily absorbed into the skin as well.

This cream also gives a very illuminating effect for my skin, it also evens out uneven skin tone.

After using this moisturiser, I never want to switch to another because I have sensitive skin, any product thicker will cause breakouts and clog pores for me.

As for the packing, it is in tub form, you can use a spatula to scoop it up to prevent contamination. Not very convenient to use, but bottle is very pretty.

In Singapore, over the beauty counters, it is SGD299. Sometimes they have sets that you can buy alongside with other products making it more affordable!

I have been struggling with acne scars & small blemishes since I was 17 and mostly the problem caused by my daily moisturizer.

I keep trying different brands and texture, from H2O Gel. Shiseido Milk, until L'Occitane Hydra Gel (although it's for normal skin type but it fits me quite well).

Recently, I stopped using any daily moisturizer because my L'Occitane was finished and I didn't want to repurchase it again, I want to try something new and more effective.

During the time gap (of me not wearing any moisturizer), my skin was very dry (due to humidity) and big acnes started to coming out and pop and out again, even tho I used SK-II Facial Treatment Mask every morning to help my breakouts. I was very stressed at that time, as I don't have any moisturizer and still confused which one is suitable.

A friend of mine recommended me to try SK-II Cellumination Deep Surge, as I have tried the Steam Power's (and unfortunately it's suitable for my mom's age). So I purchase one at the nearest store.

After I applied the moisturizer (at night after SK-II Clear Lotion & Treatment Essence), my skin feels so smooth and it brightens up my clear face! I have been using this moisturizer for a week and now my acnes are barely visible (but there are still some scars), hopefully it will clear out my entire face overtime, totally would repurchase this again!!

on 7/25/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My review is for SKII Cellumination Deep Surge EX.

I don't like jars because the properties deteriorates with every opening.
Also, I've no idea what this is supposed to do. I don't feel that it is doing much except sits on top of my skin.

I will keep monitoring.

I must say it does not hurt my sensitive / allergic skin.

on 12/9/2013 4:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It is expensive one. But It gives great effect on my small pimples. It has been abt 3 months I use since october. I haven't seen any whitening effect yet. I am watching now.