SKII Cellumination Deep Surge

SKII Cellumination Deep Surge
Cellumination Deep Surge

3.9

The SK-II Cellumination Deep Surge is a very light weight whitening facial moisturizer/treatment with a gel-liked base. It has a mild fragrance which I find surprising because most SK-II products either stink (like the toner) or has absolutely no scent. I personally think the fragrance is refreshing and quite likable. The gel-liked texture is none greasy but I always end up using more product than other SK-II creams like the Sign Signature because it is absorbed so instantly that I need to dig into the pot.

It is very moisturizing but even though I have oily combination skin, it still leaves my skin a little dry in the winter so for those with dry skin, this may not be the best cream to use during cold weather. As with all SK-II moisturizer, I was told that the product should be thoroughly massaged into the skin. The whitening and regenerative effect is not instantaneous but I have not had any negative reactions so the pot is worth going through before I decide whether or not to repurchase.

on 2/5/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Thanks to the kind lady at the david jones sydney CBD SK II counter did I get to try this. When I first received the brochure for this I poo-pooed it. Sounded too gimmicky.

I was sold the 1st time i started to use it. I couldn't believe that a small 2.5g sample would last me close to a week! I proceeded to buy the 15g travel size to try and I'm definitely buying the bigger tub next!

I like that this has a non-obtrusive rose scent to it. The texture is gel like but not too watery neither is it sticky at all. The texture reminds me of ju ju aquamoist but maybe a little more coagulated. It glides on very well, feels incredibly hydrating, does not get greasy and I haven't experienced any clogged pores caused by this. You actually don't need to use a lot of this, a little does go a long way.

My skin feels hydrated when I have this on. I think for the colder weather, use something that's more emollient like skin signature. Now that I'm in Malaysia where it's hot, it hydrates me from day to evening. At night I use skin signature instead as a night cream. My skin still feels as supple as it does when using skin signature. I apply the essence before this for additional hydration. The gel cream sinks into my skin fairly quickly and I haven't had to wait long before applying my makeup. The best thing is - no shiny forehead but still hydrating.

In terms of the whitening effects, I haven't seen any on my skin and I'm not convinced that I will ever.

on 4/11/2011 3:59:00 AM

I got my sample of the deep surge from the SKII boutique spa. I first tried their facials using massage, FTE and cellumination essence and deep surge and found my skin instantly very smooth and firm. Thus I asked for the samples to continue trying them before I decide whether or not to purchase.

After 1 week of trying the whole range diligently, I have gotten both good and bad reviews from colleagues and friends.

My skin pigmentation has certainly lighten, so has the dark area under my eye. (though I suspect it is due to the ultrasound treament massage from the facial). However, the skin pigmentation is still faint as it was when I just finished the facial so I will continue trying. On the other hand, some people told me my skin looks dry even though it is soft to touch. Using the SKII FT UV lotion has helped that aspect of it as it certainly double up as a moisturizer in an air-conditioned work environment.

on 4/22/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I apply this product after Cellumination Essence. This is a translucent, white gel-like cream which can be used in the day time as it is not greasy, heavy or oily. It has a flowery rose scent which is similar to the Essence, but less strong. Only a small dab is needed as it spreads out quite well. I would say that the product, together with the Cellumination Essence, does help to make skin more glowy and smooth. It took about 2 weeks for me to see some improvement in my skin condition.
Between the Essence and the Deep Surge Cream, I would say the Essence is better if you'd only want to purchase one. I prefer the texture of the Essence as it's hot and humid where I live and the Essence is lighter.

on 8/24/2011 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This gel cream is wonderful, does not give me reaction and not too oily for my super oily skin, does not give me break outs.

However, i think the whitening effect comes from the pearly coloured cream so it could be just the cosmetic effect. I would much prefer the skin brightener in the normal whitening range, but again that doesn't have the pearly effect on me.

i will give this more time and see what will happen, i will update.

on 10/2/2011 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

UPDATE 01/05/12 - I used up the jar, but switched over to the Skin Signature Cream because the cellumination one started making my skin feel raw especially on the cheeks. I still use the essence with no problems though. I would still recommend this product, especially for drier skintypes. ~~~~I love the subtle rose scent and the consistency - smooth, gel-like, and soaks in immediately without leaving a sticky finish. Deep surge is a fitting name for the cream because it behaves more like a serum, where it feels like it goes deep into the skin instead of being just a surface hydrator. I'm impressed that it feels so light yet hydrates adequately. Even on the drier parts of my face (cheeks, nose, lip areas) which I almost always have to layer another basic moisturizer on top. The cream has a pearlescent gleam to it, so it adds radiance almost immediately to the skin. I've been using the cream for a month now together with the matching essence, and I haven't had skin this luminous...previously I'd have to exfoliate like crazy and apply highlighting products to achieve the same level of radiance. Truly amazing!

i have sensitive skin (by sensitive, i mean i get hives from cleansing products from loreal, elizabeth arden and even HG products from estee lauder-sad but true),on good days my face is clear but my t-zone area is prone to break-outs during that time of the month.
moving to melbourne 2 years ago, my eye area started having fine lines and i even had reddish dry patches on my cheeks which bled one day after using the heater overnight!!(i love melbourne BUT the air is DRY) my hada labo moisturisers/aloe vera gels no longer worked for me. and i was DESPERATE to save my skin. I bought this item after hearing my gf raved abt it over the phone. trust me, this stuff WORKS. it smells amazing , its light weight, your skin will drink this up!!!!
by day 1 i felt the difference, my cheeks no longer felt itchy when the wind blew. by day 2, the dry areas were healing up and the mild skin flaking was gone. my day 3 i realised the fine lines caused by the dryness were smoothened out. by day 5, my skin was soft and my eye area was less puffy in the mornings as well. makeup application was also much better and creased ALOT LESS. i'm now 4 months into using this and although my t zone area still gets oily after a long day at uni, i get alot less break outs. I LOVE THIS!!!! i can't wait to try out the whole range!!!!

This is definitely the pick of the SKII moisturisers. My only complaint is that the consistency is a little too silicone-y for my liking. Very hydrating and you only need a very small amount (which is good because it's quite expensive). I've only been using it for a few days but so far, so good. Will update this review if anything changes.

on 2/10/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Finally something not greasy! For my very oily, acne prone skin, every thing is greasy. Sk 2, facial treatment essence was a huge disappointment. So I am using cellumination line in essence now instead of cream. It leaves skin smooth and not shiny or greasy at all. I love how it gets absorbed. I still have to see results on its resurfacing skin. Will recommend for a try.

on 2/26/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love this moisturizer!

When I visited the SK-II store in Japan and got into the skincare, I was originally recommended another moisturizer. When I was checking out, the SA realized that she was sold out of that particular moisturizer (and I don't even remember which one it was!) and decided to give me this one to try out.

I am so glad she did! Because of all of the other skin care products that I had tried out, my skin, my cheeks in particular, were very dry. Not peeling dry, but no matter what moisturizer I tried, they would still be dry.

After using this during the day and the Skin Signature cream at night...my face was no longer dry. AFTER ONE USE.

I definitely recommend this moisturizer. I have combination skin, and even though my cheeks are better, this is not oily one bit.

Try it out! If you have super dry skin though, this probably won't work for you, FYI.