SKII Cellumination Deep Surge

3.0

on 7/25/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My review is for SKII Cellumination Deep Surge EX.

I don't like jars because the properties deteriorates with every opening.
Also, I've no idea what this is supposed to do. I don't feel that it is doing much except sits on top of my skin.

I will keep monitoring.

I must say it does not hurt my sensitive / allergic skin.

on 2/11/2013 1:02:00 AM

The texture of this is quite unusual, a sort of gel-cream, with a slight pearly sheen to it. It melts when applied to the skin, but somehow never quite gets absorbed and leaves my skin rather slick and shiny. I also suspect its too rich for my skin type as I broke out a bit after using it.

on 2/8/2013 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product doesnt do anything to my skin. I have dry and sensitive skin and it stung a little when I first put it on. I was hoping it would hydrate like its name suggested but it didnt.
A little disappointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using SK-II for almost 2 years, and of all the SK-II product, Cellumination line are total let down for me. This cellumination essence and cream, the packaging is beautiful, but the product somehow rubs together on my skin, and ball into white particles like eraser. It would NOT absord into skin. The more I rub the product, the more it clings to each other, and makes my skin look like im peeling off a mask. I have used the product right after cleansing, right after exfoliating, still the product clings to each other and leaves my skin with what only looks like peel off mask debris. I still love all the other SK-II products. I LOVE their clear lotion, FTE, signs cream, oil cleanser and creamy cleanser, signs eyecream, and whitening source essence. This is really beautiful, clear greenish gel-cream, but i'll just stick to my regular signs cream. Only Cellumination is fail for SK-II for me.

on 9/9/2012 3:12:00 AM

It is very moisturizing and not oily. My skin definitely look more radiant than before. It carries a very nice fragrance.

1 downside though, it gives me pimples occasionally. To avoid this, I only applies it to m face and neck in the morning and only my neck and dry areas at night.

It seems to work though.

on 4/27/2012 2:03:00 AM

Slick packaging, and nice scent. It does impart some radiance to the skin after some time, but for the price, I think I would stick with the Renew White Plus range by Laniege, which delivers better results at a lower price.

But it is a good lightweight moisturier for warm weather or if you have more oily skin types though, cos it absorbs well.

This is definitely the pick of the SKII moisturisers. My only complaint is that the consistency is a little too silicone-y for my liking. Very hydrating and you only need a very small amount (which is good because it's quite expensive). I've only been using it for a few days but so far, so good. Will update this review if anything changes.

on 10/2/2011 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

UPDATE 01/05/12 - I used up the jar, but switched over to the Skin Signature Cream because the cellumination one started making my skin feel raw especially on the cheeks. I still use the essence with no problems though. I would still recommend this product, especially for drier skintypes. ~~~~I love the subtle rose scent and the consistency - smooth, gel-like, and soaks in immediately without leaving a sticky finish. Deep surge is a fitting name for the cream because it behaves more like a serum, where it feels like it goes deep into the skin instead of being just a surface hydrator. I'm impressed that it feels so light yet hydrates adequately. Even on the drier parts of my face (cheeks, nose, lip areas) which I almost always have to layer another basic moisturizer on top. The cream has a pearlescent gleam to it, so it adds radiance almost immediately to the skin. I've been using the cream for a month now together with the matching essence, and I haven't had skin this luminous...previously I'd have to exfoliate like crazy and apply highlighting products to achieve the same level of radiance. Truly amazing!