Josie Maran Cosmetics Matchmaker

Josie Maran Cosmetics Matchmaker

3.3

Coconut Alkanes**, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice**, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide**, Polymethylsilsesqui- oxane, Polysilicone-11, Cetyl Peg/ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Peg/ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Polymethylsilsesquioxane/ benzimidazole /diamond Copolymer, Soy Lecithin**,Argania Spinosa Kernal (Argan) Oil*, Natural Fragrance*, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate*, Propylene Carbonate, C18-36, Acid Triglyceride, Mica, Polysorbate 20, Silica Dimethicone Silylate**, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate**, Silica**, Sodium Carboxymethylcelluose, Peg-200, Hexylene Glycol, Polyester-1, Decyl Glucoside, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77491)**, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77492)**, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77499)**. *ORGANIC **NATURAL *Certified Organic Ingredient **Natural Ingredient

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to give this a 3.5.

Ultimately, to me this is not a foundation, it is a tinted moisturiser. If I think of it as a tinted moisturiser then I am much more happy with it.

It has a really nice texture and sat well on my dry skin. The colour match (fair/light) was quite good. However, it did appear a little ghostly in some lights. I needed it to adjust just a touch darker than it did. It is very, very sheer which was fine by me as I only wanted it to even out colour. It isn't really buildable.

The biggest downside for me was staying power. A primer was an absolute must and even then, it just did not last. It looked great for the first 2-3 hours and then rapidly deteriorated from there.

The second downside was the packaging. I like the idea of the pump pack and it worked at the start. By halfway though, the pump always clogged or stopped working reliably. Not sure why that is.

All in all, I did repurchase this several times and I probably would get it again but to fill the space of a tinted moisturiser not a foundation.

on 2/18/2016 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was given a sample to try as a replacement for CLAIRNS Super Restorative Tinted Cream which I am currently using.The Sales Lady gave me Light/Medium even though I am never a light colour in anything. However, she assured me this was my correct colour.

There was enough sample to test it out twice. The first time I used it without primer. It felt strange to put white gritty stuff on my face, but to my surprise it quickly dissolved and matched my skin tone very well! However, it didn't last the entire day. For this price I want it to last the entire day.

The 2nd day I used Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating primer before applying. With this the product the foundation lasted the entire day. Yay!

However, I'm on the fence whether I would buy it again. The product I am currently using somehow makes my skin a little more vibrant ,stays on all day and smells better. Josie Maran is aprox $35 less expensive. CAIRNS is still my #1, but this comes in at a close 2nd.

To Read all 108 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Got a sample, it has extremely light coverage - lighter than tinted moisturisers i've tried. Some people don't like the smell I'm ok with the argan smell.
The product goes on white but amazingly matches your skin tone perfectly! Gives a slightly dewy look.
Seems good for my skin after one try but i didn't have enough to build coverage and the one layer i had disappeared on my oily skin by the end of the day.

I think my first mistake was purchasing this product as a foundation. It really didn't do the job at all and would be better for someone after a tinted moisturiser type coverage.

I got the light to medium shade. It is supposed to adjust but it barley changes. It goes on white and I would really have to rub it into my skin warming it up for it to change colour. For someone who likes to apply makeup with a stippling technique I found this really frustrating. Even when I did rub it in it would only change in the slightest and my face looked so pale and drained of colour.

Someone also commented that the coverage it does give doesn't last very long and I would agree. Within a few hours the makeup would fade and all my imperfections would come shining through. You also can't do colour correction before applying this or it will match to the colour correction and come up even more pale.

The product did have some posotives. It was infused with argan oil and although this wasn't great with my slightly oily skin I believe it would be a pro for someone with dry skin. Also I can't fault the packaging. It came in an easy to use pump bottle.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Starting off, when I purchased this I was initially after a tinted moisturise/lighter foundation.
This, on me, is definitely more on the medium side of coverage, and it matte- something I also didn't expect.

As there are a lot of BB and CC creams out that are the colour matching, colour bead suspended in moisturiser or other white fluid type products, I assumed this would provide a sheer glowy look.
However, even though this is not what I was looking for I really enjoy it. It evens skin tone and covers any veins or discolouration on my face and brightens my complexion. So here is a breakdown:

Pros:
* decent coverage for what this product is
* medium coverage but can be sheered or built upon
* is not irritating to my face, ingredient-wise
* good colour match for me (I am approx. NW20, and I purchased light-medium
* a little goes a decent way, I need approx. 4 drops for light-med coverage and around 6-7 for medium

Cons:
* smells like sunscreen and clay
* texture is gritty and unpleasant to rub into the skin
* price is crazy for such a small bottle
* not many colour options (I think I was lucky here)

Again I have been pleasantly surprised with this, and it is now my every day foundation. I wear it over my Hourglass mineral primer and the colour stays throughout a 10 hour day for me without fading too much. My blush and contour go over it smoothly and without any blotchiness. I'd repurchase even though there isn't much product in the bottle.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

First off, couldn't get a good color match. Light/medium too light and medium/dark too dark, and medium/dark oxidized on my skin.

Fdtn evened skin tone, when first applied, but fdtn slightly faded after an hour or two. Those pesky little imperfections were no longer concealed too well. On the upside, it didn't seep into fine lines and pores, and while it isn't the most hydrating fdtn, it didn't make my skin feel taut and dry. Finish is truly natural. I like a lightweight, natural looking finish, but this is too natural for my preference.

The coverage and finish isn't my cup of tea; however, if you're looking for a 100% natural, skin fdtn, would recommend sampling Josie Maran Matchmaker fdtn.

on 2/22/2015 2:04:00 PM

For something infused with argan oil, this foundation doesn't feel all that heavy as long as it's applied sparingly. It is lighter in cream consistency than Josie Maran's Argan Tinted Moisturizer SPF30 but I feel like it takes a longer time to dry than the aforementioned product. When it does dry, it does build up for medium coverage. Since it is infused with oil, I like to set it with powder, otherwise it feels like it will slide around on my naturally oily skin. Despite oil-on-oil, as long as this is set with powder I won't oil up until after the 5th or 6th hour, and it's only on the T-zone.

I wore the shade Light/Medium, which oxidizes quickly into a warm, slightly orange tone. I am matched to NC25 in MAC FF, so Light/Medium is fine and the orange can be toned down with a more neutral setting powder.

Overall, this is an OK foundation; the pump bottle is a small understatement and the wear time and weight is OK for someone with oily skin (though I think normal and dry types will love it; this isn't intended for oil control so no surprise there). The color matching isn't perfect since I'm more yellow than orange-toned, so it's a little work for me to readjust the tone with powder. I prefer the Argan Tinted Moisturizer for this color-matching reason since Butter/Light 2 in that product is a better color match for me despite being a little more sheer, and that product has SPF in it, which is a plus! Again, the Argan Matchmaker Foundation is OK, but there are better face products out there.

on 2/20/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very nice foundation but it's not medium coverage by any means. This is a light coverage foundation that just looks very dewy and nice. It didn't break down on me or look cakey at all. It feels like a serum going on.

This felt good for my skin and didn't feel like foundation. It does self-adjust but I am not sure if its actually adjusting or just turning the color its made to turn. On my hand is turned lighter than it did on my face.

on 2/8/2015 8:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this product. It is a gorgeous foundation, but there are some tricks... This is not buildable, so don't try to layer for coverage. Moisturize, or this will dry your skin. It looks like skin, so don't use this if you are hoping for cake face. I got many compliments on this foundation. The light/medium matches my fair olive complexion pretty well (this is a very difficult thing to do!), and is a great option for every-day makeup.

on 1/17/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: I am very dissappointed on how quickly the pump mechanism failed on this bottle. I was about 50% done with a large 2 oz. size, and the pump just stopped working. I couldn't return or exchange as I have had it longer than 30 days (QVC policy). I poured it into a amber bottle with a dropper. For the price this product should have a great pump. DS foundations have better pumps than this bottle.

This is my "no makeup day" foundation. I feel its more of a highly tinted moisturizer. This will not cover blemishes, but easily evens out complexions. Must use a separate concealer for under eyes and blemishes if I'm looking for flawless finish.

First I am totally on the OIL for hair and skin care wagon. I swear by JMC argan oil. So I wanted something that I can slap on my face along with some mascara and lip balm: aka my "no makeup face".

First this stuff comes out white with little dark spheres in it. As it is rubbed in, it takes a color...I figure the pigment is in the spheres. I use Fair Light. (Reference I wear Fair in Smashbox BB cream, Fairly light in MAC's BB cream and N1 in MAC face and body) I'm fair with pink undertones, and Fair Light works well. It dries to a satin like finish, not true matte but not dewy. (I'd love it more if it was a little dewy, but a just add a drop of argan oil to it) Blends easily. A little goes a long way, don't over do it..that's why I think some reviewers thought it was chalky. I only use 1 pump, and I have to rub my palms to "activate" the color then apply to my face. I find this technique works well. I don't like to apply with a brush, and DON"T use a beauty blender....took forever to clean it out of my beauty blender. (Gunked up my BB sponge pretty badly) Fingers work best for this foundation.

Smells great, I don't think I have ever commented on how a foundation smells but I love this stuff.

Wear time (with a primer) lasts all day. Without a primer, my nose gets shiny after 8 hour of wear without any powder touch up. Also did not oxidize as some other "match your skin product can do over time)

Moisturizing and doesn't make any scales (healing blemishes) stand out.

If you are looking for a full coverage foundation don't try this product. But if all you need is a light coverage this is a great product.