Maybelline New York Baby Lips Lip Balm

Maybelline New York Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.5

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I didn't want to spend another $34 for the Dior lip balms but wanted a pink lip balm. So I bought it in the Baby Lips formula. The colors is rather close to the Dior one, not as moisturizing but color-wise. Love the full cover because the lips balm does not open up in my bag.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Oh, Baby Lips. I tried hard to love you. I’ve tried many of these...the clear ‘Quenched’, the Crystal line, the Neon line, ‘Cherry Me’, the bubblegum pink one, the coral orange, the color-changing ‘My Pink’ one...pretty much everything except the medicated line and the peppermint, because I cannot abide menthol or peppermint. I for one don’t mind the ‘childish’ packaging. Come on. It actually looks a lot like the graphic that Stephen Sprouse did for Louis Vuitton back in the day, and those are ‘real’ designers, and those bags sold to adults, so calm down. It’s the formulas I just can’t get behind. These are closer to gloss than balm. They are not waxy or thick, they are EXTREMELY oily/slippery. I don’t mind THAT either, but they’re not very moisturizing and in fact, I think some ingredient common to them all actually makes me DRIER. Some of them are right on the verge of stinging. They must be reapplied frequently, which I wouldn’t mind if they softened and weren’t low-grade irritants. The only one I’ve repurchased is the yellow one and the electro-purple one that both came from the ‘neon’ line. Love the color and shine those two give, in spite of not lasting very long. The other nine or ten I’ve tried can all fall off a cliff. I guess Baby Lips is not for me. It’s too bad; they are easy to find, very inexpensive, and considering how often you have to put it on, it takes a surprisingly long time to use up a whole tube, there’s a lot of product in there. Try it if you don’t have sensitive skin and you don’t mind an oily-type ‘balm’.

I really love these balms ! Not only are they cute and come in a variety of shades and flavors but they are very hydrating as well !
They work great on top of lipliner too. They leave the lips shiny and moisturized. They last a fairly decent amount of time and you have to reapply throughout the day (it's only lip balm after all !)
As a person who doesnt like the feel of lipgloss this is a great alternative.
I own Peach Kiss and Chocolate Kiss and I plan on getting more.

on 11/29/2018 7:47:00 PM

Rarely have I had a more useless lip balm. Color? Zero. Moisturizing? Hardly. Cute? Yes. But utterly useless.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I found these pretty hydrating. I love that they packaging is like a lip stick and turns up that way. The colored ones leave a subtle colored sheen on the lips. More like a stain than a lipstick.

on 10/20/2018 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have the blue one with pink writing (hydrate) and this is the only lipbalm that I have ever tried that actually works, which says a lot, since i've tried maybe 40 different lipbalms.
The packaging is cute, maybe a bit childish. It doesnt smell or taste like anything, it stays on long, it really hydrates, it lasts a very long time since you don't have to re-apply all the time.
The price is great also! I would highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I tried Baby Lips a few years ago and forgot how much I hated it until I mistakenly purchased it again during a bug 2 get 1 free (mix and match products at Walgreens). It went on smooth but after a few minutes it made my lips more dry and chapped than before. At this point, I’d rather wear Vaseline before putting this on again.

The product is pretty cute and colourful but it doesn't really moisturise my lips, in fact it left them feeling worse. Just a sort of greasy layer that sat on lips and vanished pretty quickly.

on 8/1/2018 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Cute packaging but sooo nothing special... better alternatives available. Nivea tinted lipbalms are way better

on 5/27/2018 3:18:00 PM

Does its job but nothing special