Gerda Spillman Eye Region Cream

Gerda Spillman Eye Region Cream

4.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wonderful product. The scent is gentle and natural but doesn't linger; consistency is creamy but not greasy. Doesn't drag when applying. Sinks right in and feels so smooth. I keep it in the fridge for a cooling effect. This also prolongs its life as one pot lasts me for six months, so it's well worth the price. It hasn't caused any irritation for my eczema-prone, sensitive skin and stye-prone eyes. I find this depuffs almost instantly and helps with discolouration around the eyes (dark circles and reddening). Overall it makes me look more rested. I'm on my second jar now, and will continue to buy. Wish this was more widely available!

on 5/20/2008 1:40:00 PM

I love this Eye Cream. It smells so good, it's a creamy consistency so it doesn't run everywhere. I had problems with a lot of product irritating my skin, I have very sensitive skin around my eyes, and this has never once irritated or After applying it I feel like my eyes have been thru their very own Spa Treatment. I don't feel like the price is too outrageous considering what you're getting and how long it lasts (mine lasts 5 months). Occasionally it goes on sale too. I buy again and again!! I will forever too!

Oh, how I wish I could afford this! What a wonderful eye cream... the other reviews sum up how great it is so I won't bother with another longer review. It works... smoothes the eye area and sinks it immediately (1-3 seconds). The smell is pleasant and fades quickly. I received a sample of this and cannot afford the $50 they charge for it. I am a military spouse and money isn't something I have to spare. I put it on my Christmas list so maybe my parents will pity me and buy it! I am only 28 so it really isn't a necessity.... yet.

I received a sample of this eye cream from a friend. Since I had never heard of Gerda Spillmann cosmetics before, I was curious how it would measure up to other products.

Well - I was very pleasantly surprised! This stuff has exactly the kind of consistency I like, a little bit heavier, velvety and not light and runny. Creams that are the latter tend to irritate my eyes, so I like the ones that stay put, i.e. around the eye and not in it. It absorbed quickly and completely and left my skin a lot softer than other creams. This effect lasted for hours, I kept touching my eye area and was truly amazed to find it baby-soft all day long. The scent is very nice, I assume it is chamomile since the little packet said the product was unscented but contained chamomile.

I was in love with this eye cream right after the first application, but suffered severe sticker shock when I found that the regular-size jar retails for $51.50. Another look at my eye area convinced me that I didn't need it THAT badly. Since I regularly travel overseas, I checked the German Gerda Spillmann website and couldn't belive my eyes: There it retails for Euro 17.69, that is about $21 - a much more reasonable price, especially since prices there include taxes. I guess I will have to stock up on this during my next trip. But to those of you who are willing to spend that much money in the U.S., I am sure you won't be disappointed. To me this cream is as close to ideal as it gets.

on 9/12/2002 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Well, finally we come to a Gerda Spillmann product that I do like. My needs for eyecream are not great, all I require is that it A)moisturises and B)absorbs into my skin. This does both, and unlike the other G. Spillmann products I've tried, smells quite pleasant. Maybe Chamomile-Honeysuckle? The jar says 'unscented', and it does have chamomile in it, so maybe that is what I'm smelling. Not only is the scent more pleasant than in the other skincare items, it's also not as strong, and also unlike the other skincare in this line, the smell GOES AWAY soon after you apply it. The texture is lovely, it isn't greasy at all, the texture is more 'velvety'. This is one product I would *consider* buying IF I didn't have 10000 GWP eyecreams already and IF I actually needed an eyecream and IF it weren't $49 for 0.5oz. I actually got the full size of this in a gift basket (enter the monthly drawing @www.gerdaspillmann.com), so I definitely scored here.