Wet 'n' Wild 2% Milk

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/18/2017 4:23:00 AM

I bought 2% Milk about 9 months ago, but as I mainly wear mid-to-darker polishes, it has been untried until now. I had a very important interview coming up, so I decided to wear something subtle and remembered buying this polish.

This polish is very sheer, but it is not streaky, which means you can apply as many coats as you desire depending on the opacity you want to achieve. If you are looking for 'Your Nails But Better' polish, this is the one for you. However, I hate that sort of look, so I kept on piling on the coats in a hope to transform it into a flattering, nude polish. This has not happened. Even after 4-5 coats (sorry, I lost count), I could still see my Visible Nail Line. Moreover, where my hands have a pink undertone, the light and clean look of this polish made my hands look grubby.

I cannot speak for the overall longevity, as I hated this polish so much on me that I took it off after 30 mins. Never to be worn again.

I can absolutely see why so many people like this polish, and I wouldn't discourage anyone trying it, but it is not for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I have fair, cool-toned skin (pink and blue undertones). I was amazed by how nice this looks on me. It's got a slightly peachy undertone, so I feared it would be too yellowy, but it's really not. It's sheer, but opaque enough that it looks like polish, and it hides most imperfections and oddities with the nail while still leaving the tips of the nails quite visible, and I think it even enhances the look of the tips with the milky quality of the polish.

This polish also has a very nice formula, and it self-levels quite well. I wore two coats of this with a very light glitter top (China Glaze Fairy Dust, so just a little, light scattering of fine holo glitter) and I was completely captivated. Given that I'm usually a flashy or dark nail polish kind of gal, that really surprised me. I love how fresh and pretty this polish looks on me.

on 10/2/2017 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice product but requires way too many costs and is way too sheer

on 4/25/2017 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a fabulously versatile nude color; I really love the wide brush applicator. It makes polishing manicure and pedicure go so quickly, and it wears well. The light color ( the first coat is pretty sheer) makes it especially hassle free. It's also cheap. I am tired of spending Essie or Opi prices for a color that ends up sitting in a drawer. IMO it's not too yellow, peach or pink nude. Seems to dry quickly.

on 2/12/2017 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I found this color at the bottom of a drawer, having finally stopped biting my nails long enough for them to grow. After at least 2 years of not using it, it's still awesome. Dries quick, easy to apply and lasts.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a lovely semi-sheer pale nude shade. I am very pale, so often straight-up nudes don't look right on me, but this one is still flattering. I have several polishes from this line and I love the brush. I don't find the formula to be any better or worse in terms of wear compared to other polishes that are available at the drugstore, but this isn't really a problem for me. This is absolutely a staple for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do not wear nailpolish on my fingers (I've been using glued on DS nails for about a year), but this is outstanding for pedicures. Gives a natural but beautiful & also expensive look to toes! If you like gel nailpolish wetnwild has a new line up of them & Condensed Milk is their version of this color. It's pale milky beige just like this. I love wnw nail polishes. They are my fave!! OPI is getting ridic way too expensive if you're only getting one pedi a month like me I just have this thing AGAINST using the nail salon polish collection coz I'm a freak (just concerned about communal collections of germs--it's a slim chance possible for them to survive in all of those chemicals), so I own a bunch of polishes from wnw & mini OPI's but the salon hates it when I bring in the mini bottles they act like they wanna use theirs they do not understand my phobias--they wanna find same color in their collection). So I usually 98% of the time bring my own colors even if most salons turn & thumb their nose up at wnw ....anyways these are affordable & i normally have issues w nailpolish chipping & had the wnw gel nailpolish version of 2% Milk on for 24 hours not a single chip but 2% Milk is 1 of my better colors for that also but it still chips after 24 hours so I suggest checking out the wnw gel nailpolish.

on 9/20/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Dead on dupe for OPI's Bubble Bath which happens to be my favorite palette cleanser manicure color and medium for jelly sammiches. And this was $2.99! I love the packaging and will certainly repurchase if I ever run out. i have close to 400 polishes so that is unlikely.

on 2/2/2017 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite color from this Megalast WnW polish line. Mostly because it's my go-to every day polish. If you have warm, yellow undertones - this is a perfect nude polish for you. If you have cool pink undertones, try the MegaLast Sugar Coat polish in this line - it's a sister color to this one, but perfect for cool skin tones.

I love the formula of this polish, it goes on great, and with a WnW base and top coat - it's super shiny and lovely.

on 1/12/2015 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I've had this polish for about two years and the formula is still pretty good. I'm not sure how it applied when I first got it as it took me two years to try it for the first time, but it's a nice polish! a little streaky but mostly self-evening, and takes about two coats for that my-nails-but-better look. a weird cross between pinky yellow, it deposits a milky peach color on your nails and elongates the appearance of your fingers.

pros: nice color, generally even after two coats, buildable (though takes four coats to do get to near-full opacity), dries reasonably quickly, super shiny, good color on extremely fair skin tones and almost looks like a sheer mannequin-hands polish

cons: unacceptably streaky on one coat, makes nail whites look a little yellow, tip wear evident after a single day, still fairly streaky after two coats (but not so conspicuous that if you're not a nail tech/polish blogger you absolutely need a third), and of course the brush sux

overall for $2 not a bad polish! a lippie off since it's still evidently streaky after two coats, but I'd still repurchase.

edit** started chipping after about two days, nothing major but still, two days for a polish that's supposed to have good staying power. still would repurchase but definitely wear this with a good top coat to increase the longevity~

Popular Polishes