wet n wild Megalast - 2% Milk

4.5

on 1/27/2018 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am not good with streaky nudes that require a lot of skill and coordination to make look nice. If you struggle with polishes like Essie Ballet Slippers, Marshmallow or Opi Bubble Bath because they apply streaky, patchy (even with thinning) and have given up on pale nudes...this one's for you.

If you have a "milky" (white or pink toned) base coat (I like Nailite's Milky Base Coat, they're an online store marketed to pros but sell to non pros) it works even better. But it's not necessary to use one, but I prefer the results with it as the "milky" coat mutes out your natural nail color a little bit without adding streakiness and seems to whiten the tips a bit in a natural way that the polish alone does some, but not as much as when used with a milky base coat. (Revlon's I think discontinued colorstay base coat would be considered a "milky" base as well, as it looks whitish like very watered down milk.)

The Wet N Wild brush is a love it or hate it. It's not small and thin like Essie. It's also larger than OPI. I didn't like it at first, but now I love it. But you do end up getting a lot on the brush, since it's really quite wide (the widest polish brush and oddest shape I've ever seen). So you do have to be a little careful not to get too much.

It's easy to work with and I prefer 2 coats vs 3 (3 is nice too). I always use top coat with it. A glossy one (Seche or Out the Door, and I'm also loving Nailite's Wet Look top coat but it is NOT a fast drying one, but very glossy.) is better than matte.

It's clean, natural and no fuss. I'm super pale (think Nicole Kidman pale) and this is a perfect, easy nude for me. It matches my skin so well that if I'm in a hurry and don't want to do a lot of cleanup and am a little messy (not too messy), I don't have to fuss with cuticle and clean up on the edges as it blends so well with my skin tone. I think it will look fantastic on most pale ladies.

The color is semi neutral with some buff/tan and some pink, it's kind of in between. It is sheer at 1 coat and semi sheer but clean looking (but not see through) in 2 coats. 3 gets a bit milky. (I prefer 2 coats.)

This is what I wanted all the famous OPI & Essie shades like this to apply like and look like on my nails and to apply like. I won't go back to poor performing polish that streaks and that I have to fight to get on properly, when this is lovely, cheap and applies very well. If you find it streaky at all, you may be applying way too thin of a coat vs a standard coat like you would use with color.

It's like any polish, the base and top coat make the difference. It seems to work well with the ones I've used it with and the wear time is average. (One nice thing about it, is that it blends in and looks so natural and clean, like a toned down "American" version of the french mani but a bit lighter, is that when it wears it's not as visible as some formulas.)

(I wish Wet N Wild would add more colors with this supurb formula. It's not a jelly, but it seems to be a mix of jelly and standard to me. Holy grail formula, application and color for me. This will always have a place with me as long as they make it, especially for the generous size and reasonable price. Also their polishes don't thicken up and gunk up like some do and need thinning.)

(I do NOT recommend however, it's "sister shade" in the Wet N Wild line Megalast Sugar Coat, it is a streaky mess the formula is totally different, if you tried that one and hated it, please consider trying this one.)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know what's wrong with this polish, but it's not like any other (I own 4 different shades).
2% milk is a sheer polish that goes on streaky, even after two coats it still stays streaky.
I'm not a huge fan of the shade. It's tag too yellow (unhealthy looking) for my liking.
Tossed it away and took it off from my nails after a single application. Bad!

on 10/18/2017 4:23:00 AM

I bought 2% Milk about 9 months ago, but as I mainly wear mid-to-darker polishes, it has been untried until now. I had a very important interview coming up, so I decided to wear something subtle and remembered buying this polish.

This polish is very sheer, but it is not streaky, which means you can apply as many coats as you desire depending on the opacity you want to achieve. If you are looking for 'Your Nails But Better' polish, this is the one for you. However, I hate that sort of look, so I kept on piling on the coats in a hope to transform it into a flattering, nude polish. This has not happened. Even after 4-5 coats (sorry, I lost count), I could still see my Visible Nail Line. Moreover, where my hands have a pink undertone, the light and clean look of this polish made my hands look grubby.

I cannot speak for the overall longevity, as I hated this polish so much on me that I took it off after 30 mins. Never to be worn again.

I can absolutely see why so many people like this polish, and I wouldn't discourage anyone trying it, but it is not for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I have fair, cool-toned skin (pink and blue undertones). I was amazed by how nice this looks on me. It's got a slightly peachy undertone, so I feared it would be too yellowy, but it's really not. In fact, on me, it leans more milky-pink. It's sheer, but opaque enough that it looks like polish, and it hides most imperfections and oddities with the nail while still leaving the tips of the nails quite visible. I think it even enhances the look of the tips with the milky quality of the polish.

This polish also has a very nice formula, and it self-levels quite well. I was genuinely surprised that it's not streaky if applied with just a bit of care.

I wore two coats of this with a very light glitter top (China Glaze Fairy Dust, so just a little, light scattering of fine holo glitter) and I was completely captivated. Given that I'm usually a flashy or dark nail polish kind of gal, that really surprised me. I love how fresh and pretty this polish looks on me.

on 10/2/2017 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice product but requires way too many costs and is way too sheer

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a lovely semi-sheer pale nude shade. I am very pale, so often straight-up nudes don't look right on me, but this one is still flattering. I have several polishes from this line and I love the brush. I don't find the formula to be any better or worse in terms of wear compared to other polishes that are available at the drugstore, but this isn't really a problem for me. This is absolutely a staple for me.

on 4/25/2017 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a fabulously versatile nude color; I really love the wide brush applicator. It makes polishing manicure and pedicure go so quickly, and it wears well. The light color ( the first coat is pretty sheer) makes it especially hassle free. It's also cheap. I am tired of spending Essie or Opi prices for a color that ends up sitting in a drawer. IMO it's not too yellow, peach or pink nude. Seems to dry quickly.

on 2/12/2017 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I found this color at the bottom of a drawer, having finally stopped biting my nails long enough for them to grow. After at least 2 years of not using it, it's still awesome. Dries quick, easy to apply and lasts.

on 2/2/2017 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite color from this Megalast WnW polish line. Mostly because it's my go-to every day polish. If you have warm, yellow undertones - this is a perfect nude polish for you. If you have cool pink undertones, try the MegaLast Sugar Coat polish in this line - it's a sister color to this one, but perfect for cool skin tones.

I love the formula of this polish, it goes on great, and with a WnW base and top coat - it's super shiny and lovely.

on 2/2/2017 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Most reviews for this nailpolish are found here: https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=140177/2-Milk/Wet--n--Wild/Polishes

Popular Polishes