Nair Naturally Smooth Warm Wax

Nair Naturally Smooth Warm Wax

2.2

on 5/30/2014 5:12:00 PM

This product looks and smells beautiful. If only it worked this would be my go-to wax...but it doesn't remove ANY hair!!! No matter how I varied the temperature or the application it just did not remove anything at all. Total waste of money.

Please dont buy this product! It is terrible! It burned my skin. Well perhaps Its because My skin is sensitive.

on 9/7/2013 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this thinking im gona have smooth skin in a jiffy yay. But no.

I followed instructions to a t. Applied a thin layer (which is extremely difficult unless you heat it till it boils, pop it back into the microwave every single minute to maintain the liquidy consistency.) Then applied the cloth strip and pulled. NOTHING CAME OFF! Its like the wax isnt sticky at all!! After many many tries I gave up. I am no novice at home waxing, but this was just unworkable. The problem with this wax is its water soluble. Which means it will react with moisture in the air and lose its stickiness.

I went back to veet strips and while they are slower than soft wax applied with cloth strips, they did the job.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm no pro at waxing, but I know it has to be easier than this. Did exactly what it said, let the hair on my legs grow out, applied a thin layer, and pulled. I would say it got MAYBE 10% of the hairs in the areas that I tried. It took me 30 minutes to even make a dent, so I can't even imagine how long it would take to do both legs fully. I tried this on three separate occasions and it didn't work at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Painful and does not remove hair. DO NOT BUY.

on 9/11/2013 10:37:00 PM

Grabbed this off the shelf after running out of my favorite hard wax. Very disappointed due to the fact NO hair was coming off. Tried multiple parts of my body. Will not buy. Do not recommend

on 4/20/2013 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This doesn't work at all on coarse hair. my leg hair is very dark and thick. I followed the directions to a T and ONE hair came out. I am so dissatisfied it isn't even funny. also, when you go to open the lid on the wax pot, there is a plastic shrink wrap that you have to peel off which the wax will inevitably be sticking to and makes a bog stringy mess. this is the worst product I've ever used. returning it!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

EDIT 8.11.14: This product is discontinued and I am heartbroken. Most did not seem to care for this but I suspect that is a product of inexperience and hair type.

50 million times better than the wax strips you rub between your palms! Self-waxing is not for a novice, particularly a kit like this. You get a supply of washable cloth strips, a big tub of sugar wax, a little stick for spreading, and a few bonus wax strips for an upper lip or eyebrow. The key with sugar wax is applying a thin, consistent layer. I bought this for my bikini wax and it took me a minute or two to get started, but I was thrilled with the results. Initially, I applied too much wax which prevented the hairs from adhering. I got fantastic, one yank results from using just enough wax to cover the hairs. It only took me about 3 strips to do my whole bikini area and it was near perfect. I was skeptical about the strips being washable but because of the sugar wax, all the gunk just dissolves leaving you with a fresh strip- awesome! Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

As a self-waxing veteran, I am finding that it's getting harder and harder to find a good inexpensive wax kit. This was yet another dissappointment. I prepped properly, hair was correct length, and I have great technique as I have been doing it for a long time, so I know the problem isn't on my end. I tried unsuccessfully to remove hair on my face and elsewhere- same result: only about 50% of the hairs came off. Tried many times, hoping that I had just made a mistake but no dice. On the plus side, it didn't hurt- probably because it wasn't grabbing very well. I don't know what these people like Sally Hansen, Nair, etc. are doing to their wax formulas, but I don't like it! It's like the new "ouchless" formulas no longer grab the hair very well, when they used to work great.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Awful product. Let me state that I simply hate stubble. Meaning, I hate excess hair on my body. Or any hair at all. This was half off, so I only paid 4 dollars for it, but even for that, this junk didn't work.

However, the strips are washable, in hot water, no soap, everything comes off. And it was easy to use.

It just didn't work! Having to wait a few days for the hair to grow to the proper length was the worst. I felt pretty gross. Then, I was so excited to try this. I followed the directions to a T, grabbed the end of the cloth, and pulled, hoping to have a nice, bald patch on my legs.

Nothing. Not even 5 hairs came off. What a bummer. I went and washed all the residue off, and hopped in the shower.

And let me tell you, after I shaved, I felt so, so much better.