Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme

Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme
Sumptuous Extreme - Estee LauderSumptuous ExtremeSumptuous Extreme16 weeks of Latisse & Careprost + 1 coat Sumptuous

3.7

Water, Stearic Acid, Myrica Cerifera (Bayberry) Fruit Wax, Sucrose Polybehenate, Polyisobutene, Polyvinyl Acetate, Paraffin, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Isotearic Acid, Panthenol, Pantethine, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Copernicia Ceriferal (Carnauba) Wax, Kaolin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cholesterol, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, PTFE, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Loea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Sodium Polyacrylate, Simethicone, Polyester-5, PVP, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Nylon-6, Laureth-4, Nylon-66, Polythylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Chlorphenesin, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Phenoxyethanol, /- Iron Oxides (CL 77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Copper Powder (CI 77400)

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I never could wear black mascara as it looked too harsh and made me look older. But EXTREME BLACk in Sumptuous Extreme mascara is a whole different thing. It's such a deep black that it makes your eyes "pop" and actually looks good on me. It is also extremely thicking and creates great fullness with the very first sweep on. One coating is plenty. It does tend to "racoon eye" a little bit, but no worse than other mascara's. The depth of color and fullness (great brush) are enough to make me ok with minimal racoon eye. I tried the "smudge proof" mascara and it flakes rather than smudges, which is no better.

This is such a beautiful mascara. It's light, but when you build it with more coats, it's never cakey, flakey, or smudgey. It's works super well on the lower lashes. I would definitely purchase this again when I run out.

on 2/16/2018 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The formula and the color are nice but the wand is huge and unconfortable for my taste. I have small, hooded eyes so I did not enjoy the mascara.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Estee Lauder products, but I have never had any of their mascaras work for me. I was excited to try this formula. It is very black, nice wand, but this is a very liquid formula that transfers, have you qtip ready. I applied multiple layers trying to get voluminous flashes, but I did not get volume. I thought this was a volumizing formula? It is not even with multiple coats applied.

I have very straight eyelashes that stick straight out. I use an eye curler after I heat it up with a blow dryer to get my lashes to curl. I hold the curler there till it cools off and my lashes curl and are very long, but as soon as I apply this mascara, my lashes fall and go back to bone straight. I think the product is too heavy for my lashes. And it clumps no matter how much I wipe off before application.

If you have natural curly lashes and want them to go straight try this formula. If you are like me, save your money and get YSL mascara. This formula keeps my lashes curly all day and clump free.

on 7/22/2017 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Works great but sometimes it smudges if I I use too much if I use a little at time no problem I get a lot of compliments someone even I gotten some lashes lol

on 4/23/2017 10:15:00 AM

Not worth the money, beautiful packaging, lovely big wand but no matter how much I wipe the wand with tissue to remove excess product before using it applies to much product which then clumps!!! I tried this with the little black primer underneath and it clumps even more! I love little black primer on its own as a day time mascara. Sorry but I wont be repurchasing this, Lancome hypnose is the holy grail of mascara 💋

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

My tube is labelled Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Mascara to separate itself from all the other mascaras that Estee L launched with the word Sumptuous in the main name.

I LOVE this formula, and it's second only to my favourite Clinique High Impact which gives me a tiny bit more volume and less irritation on my lash line, which is unfortunately why I won't repurchase this lovely long lasting mascara.

If I wasn't having some kind of allergic reaction to it, (mild itching and only with this one mascara, I've tried different makeup from other brands, and this mascara is the culprit) this would be my other favourite mascara of all time.

It has a giant brush of the older style, not the plastic bristles that poke but more the christmas tree bottle brush style. That brush takes getting used to, but once that is mastered, it makes great thick non clumpy lashes. I use 2 coats for the best look, and it fills in nicely on the second coat. Don't wait for it to dry, the second coat can go on seconds after the first.

The formula is a bit wet, so the first coat may go on thinner than you expect, just slap on a second and brush out any minor clumping for a full lovely set of FLEXIBLE soft lashes all day long.

I find it beginning to flake a bit at the end of a long day, but not enough to worry about, just the tiniest little flake or two, not a lot. About hour 5 or 6 is when it starts to itch, and about hour 8 or 9 for flakes to start if that helps anyone else.

But it really does stay flexible all day long.

The tube is elegant slim and gold with navy graffiti style Estee L stuff all over it. SO much nicer to pull out of a purse or a makeup kit than the disgusting cheap looking neon offerings from the drugstore. And those neon mascaras all seem to compete as to how big they can get taking up far too much room in a bag or a purse! If mascara makers look at reviews, please remember that some of us travel, and mascara sometimes has to be small and light and take up less room. Like when the TSA officer is poorly trained and doesn't know that mascara isn't usually part of a liquid allowance bag for carry on. Not supposed to count, but sometimes the TSA people demand it go into an already stuffed liquids bag. I'd rather toss a mascara than my skin care when it's too bulky. That is a consideration for me.

I really wish this wasn't giving me troubles, but come to think of it, ALL the Estee L mascaras do that to me, including another one I liked Projectionist which is discontinued. I think it's something in their formula which is too bad because this is a really good mascara. Their sister company Clinique makes my top favourite, and oddly it doesn't have whatever ingredient is causing the trouble so someday I may actually look at the list of ingredients to see if I can spot which one it is.

Meanwhile the itching isn't that bad, but enough that this mascara won't be repurchased, and I think it's time for the trash, because I've had it since December and it's definitely this mascara, nothing else in my skin care or makeup that is causing the problem.

on 3/4/2017 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

So I got this mascara for free in a magazine which was an amazing deal (magazine was like $8 and mascara would've been around $50) I wouldn't have bought this type of mascara otherwise. According to the magazine this is Kendall Jenner's go-to, and I can understand why. It gives great volume and although the brush is quite big the formula isn't too wet so it doesn't get everywhere. Not my Holy Grail, I don't think it compares to Too Faced Better than Sex but it's still a really nice mascara.

I have been using this mascara since it's release and I absolutely love it! It's my HG!! I'm constantly asked if I have on falsies while I wear this, and I do not! It is THAT. amazing! I love it! And lemme tell you, I love cosmetics and own an insane amount, esp high end, very expensive but I always return to sumptuous❤️

on 2/4/2017 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My HG mascara!! A wiggle from the bottom of my lashes to the ends separates the lashes. I have to be careful of going over it a second time so it does not clump. Otherwise, it's super black, volumizing, and bold!! I would wear this with the lash primer plus for optimal results.