Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme
Sumptuous Extreme - Estee LauderSumptuous ExtremeSumptuous Extreme16 weeks of Latisse & Careprost + 1 coat Sumptuous

3.8

Water, Stearic Acid, Myrica Cerifera (Bayberry) Fruit Wax, Sucrose Polybehenate, Polyisobutene, Polyvinyl Acetate, Paraffin, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Isotearic Acid, Panthenol, Pantethine, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Copernicia Ceriferal (Carnauba) Wax, Kaolin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cholesterol, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, PTFE, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Loea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Sodium Polyacrylate, Simethicone, Polyester-5, PVP, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Nylon-6, Laureth-4, Nylon-66, Polythylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Chlorphenesin, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Phenoxyethanol, /- Iron Oxides (CL 77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Copper Powder (CI 77400)

on 7/22/2017 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Works great but sometimes it smudges if I I use too much if I use a little at time no problem I get a lot of compliments someone even I gotten some lashes lol

on 4/23/2017 10:15:00 AM

Not worth the money, beautiful packaging, lovely big wand but no matter how much I wipe the wand with tissue to remove excess product before using it applies to much product which then clumps!!! I tried this with the little black primer underneath and it clumps even more! I love little black primer on its own as a day time mascara. Sorry but I wont be repurchasing this, Lancome hypnose is the holy grail of mascara 💋

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

My tube is labelled Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Mascara to separate itself from all the other mascaras that Estee L launched with the word Sumptuous in the main name.

I LOVE this formula, and it's second only to my favourite Clinique High Impact which gives me a tiny bit more volume and less irritation on my lash line, which is unfortunately why I won't repurchase this lovely long lasting mascara.

If I wasn't having some kind of allergic reaction to it, (mild itching and only with this one mascara, I've tried different makeup from other brands, and this mascara is the culprit) this would be my other favourite mascara of all time.

It has a giant brush of the older style, not the plastic bristles that poke but more the christmas tree bottle brush style. That brush takes getting used to, but once that is mastered, it makes great thick non clumpy lashes. I use 2 coats for the best look, and it fills in nicely on the second coat. Don't wait for it to dry, the second coat can go on seconds after the first.

The formula is a bit wet, so the first coat may go on thinner than you expect, just slap on a second and brush out any minor clumping for a full lovely set of FLEXIBLE soft lashes all day long.

I find it beginning to flake a bit at the end of a long day, but not enough to worry about, just the tiniest little flake or two, not a lot. About hour 5 or 6 is when it starts to itch, and about hour 8 or 9 for flakes to start if that helps anyone else.

But it really does stay flexible all day long.

The tube is elegant slim and gold with navy graffiti style Estee L stuff all over it. SO much nicer to pull out of a purse or a makeup kit than the disgusting cheap looking neon offerings from the drugstore. And those neon mascaras all seem to compete as to how big they can get taking up far too much room in a bag or a purse! If mascara makers look at reviews, please remember that some of us travel, and mascara sometimes has to be small and light and take up less room. Like when the TSA officer is poorly trained and doesn't know that mascara isn't usually part of a liquid allowance bag for carry on. Not supposed to count, but sometimes the TSA people demand it go into an already stuffed liquids bag. I'd rather toss a mascara than my skin care when it's too bulky. That is a consideration for me.

I really wish this wasn't giving me troubles, but come to think of it, ALL the Estee L mascaras do that to me, including another one I liked Projectionist which is discontinued. I think it's something in their formula which is too bad because this is a really good mascara. Their sister company Clinique makes my top favourite, and oddly it doesn't have whatever ingredient is causing the trouble so someday I may actually look at the list of ingredients to see if I can spot which one it is.

Meanwhile the itching isn't that bad, but enough that this mascara won't be repurchased, and I think it's time for the trash, because I've had it since December and it's definitely this mascara, nothing else in my skin care or makeup that is causing the problem.

I have been using this mascara since it's release and I absolutely love it! It's my HG!! I'm constantly asked if I have on falsies while I wear this, and I do not! It is THAT. amazing! I love it! And lemme tell you, I love cosmetics and own an insane amount, esp high end, very expensive but I always return to sumptuous❤️

on 2/4/2017 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My HG mascara!! A wiggle from the bottom of my lashes to the ends separates the lashes. I have to be careful of going over it a second time so it does not clump. Otherwise, it's super black, volumizing, and bold!! I would wear this with the lash primer plus for optimal results.

on 3/4/2017 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

So I got this mascara for free in a magazine which was an amazing deal (magazine was like $8 and mascara would've been around $50) I wouldn't have bought this type of mascara otherwise. According to the magazine this is Kendall Jenner's go-to, and I can understand why. It gives great volume and although the brush is quite big the formula isn't too wet so it doesn't get everywhere. Not my Holy Grail, I don't think it compares to Too Faced Better than Sex but it's still a really nice mascara.

on 1/30/2017 5:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have my favourite mascaras already, but despite that, I am always on the hunt for a better one. I have tried Estee Lauder mascaras lately. One of them has really impressed me, but the other ones have not impressed me as much. They are on the expensive side, but I got a discount when I bought them.

This is the one I love. Sumptuous Extreme has quite a large brush, that I am not super fond of as it does make application a little messy for me. It separates my lashes well, but I need to be really careful so that I don't apply to much, as my lashes then tend to stick together and look really heavy. If done right however, this mascara gives me both volume and length and makes my lashes extremely pretty. It is a fine line though and it's a little too easy to cross over to the "bad" side, at least when the mascara is new. Once it dries a bit, the application becomes easier and less messy. It's rather pigmented mascara so my lashes look very dark. I love that it doesn't flake (only very little at the end of a long day) and used with an eye primer it doesn't smudge. It also works really well with my Dior lash primer, which I am really happy about, It is a great mascara, so if you don't have trouble with the price, this might be for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My lashes are short and thin. I need mascara that can make wonders without giving me spider lash look. This one gives me nothing: no volume, no length, no curl, no definition.
It's a very basic mascara, that does not deliver what it advertise.

on 11/28/2016 11:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received a deluxe sample of this and the first thing I noticed is how large the brush is, even for the sample size. It is almost too large/awkward to use, and I can't imagine the regular/full sized one being bigger, yikes! Anyhow, getting past the brush, which is a traditional bristle type, old fashioned mascara brush, btw, but that aside, for me, this is a decent mascara, nothing remarkable. Applies easily even though the brush is huge (as in fat and long). Decent shade of black, can be built up. I would not say this is extremely volumizing nor lengthening, but it applies pretty much clump-free for me.

Downside that I found (aside from the huge brush), is this fades fast, and also, if you remotely get warm, this might smudge. Wore this in a crowded church for a wedding and it was very warm and this smudged a bit, but not terrible, likely I was the only one who noticed, so not bad, but still..it smudged. I apply mascara only to my top lashes, and this smudged underneath my lower lashes. I did not do any rubbing of the eyes nor crying, just was very warm. I would venture a guess if you sweat or cry, this would make a huge mess. No irritation. All in all an average to a somewhat decent mascara. But due to it not lasting long (barely 6 hours) and the slight smudging, I won't be purchasing the full size.

on 12/14/2016 4:06:00 PM

I bought this mascara with the primer and it really does nothing for me. For the price, I expected more.