Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.7

Water, Stearic Acid, Myrica Cerifera (Bayberry) Fruit Wax, Sucrose Polybehenate, Polyisobutene, Polyvinyl Acetate, Paraffin, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Isotearic Acid, Panthenol, Pantethine, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Copernicia Ceriferal (Carnauba) Wax, Kaolin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cholesterol, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, PTFE, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Loea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Sodium Polyacrylate, Simethicone, Polyester-5, PVP, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Nylon-6, Laureth-4, Nylon-66, Polythylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Chlorphenesin, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Phenoxyethanol, /- Iron Oxides (CL 77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Copper Powder (CI 77400)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Reading reviews on mascara is like reading "general" skincare reviews: they are of no use if you don't know the reviewer's skin type. The same goes for mascara. What will work for fuller lashes, will definitely not work for straight, short lashes.

I'm rather blessed to have very full, very long, perfectly curled natural lashes. So when buying a mascara, I definitely don't want anything that adds length, not too drastic volume, but definitely adds high definition. This mascara is one of the select few that achieves that, without getting clumpy after a while** I love this mascara and would classify it as my HG if it wasn't so expensive.

Also something to keep in mind: this mascara easily lasted me four months with daily use, using only this for those four months. If you do like this and stick it out by not throwing it away after two weeks, it will last you ages too because the tube is a bit bigger than other mascaras.

**most reviews on this mascara state that it gets clumpy very quickly. I have a habit to clean my mascara wand and tube opening at least once a week. I rub the wand in tissue paper until there is little or no colour still coming off. I do this with any mascara that I use, and this definitely helps that they never (or rarely) clump anymore.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara was some what hard to apply. It can go on quite clumpy. It did add some volume when I first put it on. But it made my eyes burn and itch at the lash line and I lost some lashes from it. I removed it a few hours after a pplying and returned it.

To Read all 119 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really Lauder? You call this Extreme?
This mascara is about as basic as it gets. Nothing terrible, but nothing especially great. It went on nicely and seemed like it was going to be good, but as it dried my lashes got droopier and the length and volume seemed to shrink away. Got a free sample, and will probably use it up on days when I don't care if my lashes look more wimpy, but would never spend the money on this. Could get the same effect from any number of basic drugstore mascaras, and can't hold a candle to good drugstore mascaras like L'Oreal.

on 4/2/2016 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally a high end mascara that stands the test and does what it promises. With only one coat, my lashes are longer, separated, more voluminous. A second layer gives a bit more vavavoom without clumping. Joehaa!! Found my HG mascara. I am so thankful to the sales lady who recommended this (I wanted to buy another brand, but she convinced me that this would be the best for my shape of lashes).

Update: after using this mascara for a while now, I notice that at the end of the day, there are some clumps at the tips of my lashes, and because of that, they kind of drop down. So good mascara, but no hold for the full day. So took off one lippy.

I got this in the 2014 holiday set that I received as a gift. I was so excited to try a high-end mascara as I had only used drugstore mascaras. To be blunt, I hated it. The wand was huge and hard to work with and WAY too much product came out onto the wand and i'd have to wipe some off either on the opening of the tube or on some tissue paper before applying which was annoying. It always clumped no matter what I did. I HATE clumpy mascaras. I honestly just threw it away after a while of trying to make it work. Such a waste of money. Who in the world would pay nearly $30 for this mascara when they can get MUCH better results from drugstore ones 1/5 of the price.

on 2/29/2016 1:23:00 PM

This is a pretty solid mascara but it's not worth the dough. I was gifted a couple of tubes so I'm happily wearing it but I wouldn't purchase it on my own. The tube is very pretty.

The good: silky, dense bristles and medium-wet formula, wears well (no smudging or flaking throughout the day), easy to remove.

The bad: more of a dark grey than truly black, formula clumps on lashes during application, and it has that idiotic tapered brush that only works well ON ONE EYE unless you're ambidextrous.

on 1/22/2016 6:44:00 PM

I got a sample of this most likely from a gift with purchase. I rediscovered it in my drawer recently and really like it! I'm going to buy the full size when I run out. It helps to give my straight lashes a bit of curl and a lot of length and volume.

on 1/20/2016 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'll start out by saying that I completely adore the packaging. It's sleek and definitely elegant; it makes me feel pretty sophisticated whenever I use it.

That being said, I was really disappointed by this mascara's performance on my lashes. I have short and straight eyelashes and I was hoping this mascara would give me a nice boost in the volume and length department but it didn't do much at all. It barely gave me any length and I got some decent volume but it came with clumps. I'm pretty careful in applying mascara given my eye shape but this mascara will give you clumps. The brush itself looks pretty standard to me. The formula is very wet and it doesn't wear well in my opinion. I didn't get too much smearing after hours of wear. I will say that you can build up this mascara; it's smooth in my opinion but I don't notice layering being that effective. Also my lashes did not feel stiff with this mascara and still felt fairly soft, which was nice. However, the cost definitely does not begin to justify the mediocre to poor performance. Finding my HG mascara is still a elusive journey for me :(

Bottom line: Avoid this if you have short/straight lashes or dislike very wet formulas. I didn't enjoy this and there's a lot more affordable and effective mascaras out there.

on 12/30/2015 3:32:00 PM

I received a mini version of it as a gift from Estee Lauder. I really like the brush and it makes my eyelashes look great.

on 12/21/2015 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara changed my life! Totally my HG.
First of all, my lashes somehow became longer. I don't know how, but after using this mascara, they became longer and thicker. I don't even need lash curler anymore.
Secondly, the price is not that high, because you get amazing effect. I don't have waterproof one, but it doesn't smudge or run off. Stays in place all day long even when it is humid and very hot outside. And it doesn't make my eyes red (I have very sensitive eyes).
Finally, the brush is excellent. You will get long and thick lashes all the time. My technique is to use curler first and then apply mascara, but looking to lashes from the bottom, using left-to-right motion. It's hard to explain, but you should get what I mean.
I would really recommend this Estee Lauder mascara!