Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme
Sumptuous Extreme - Estee LauderSumptuous ExtremeSumptuous Extreme16 weeks of Latisse & Careprost + 1 coat Sumptuous

3.8

Water, Stearic Acid, Myrica Cerifera (Bayberry) Fruit Wax, Sucrose Polybehenate, Polyisobutene, Polyvinyl Acetate, Paraffin, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Isotearic Acid, Panthenol, Pantethine, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Copernicia Ceriferal (Carnauba) Wax, Kaolin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cholesterol, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, PTFE, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Loea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Sodium Polyacrylate, Simethicone, Polyester-5, PVP, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Nylon-6, Laureth-4, Nylon-66, Polythylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Chlorphenesin, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Phenoxyethanol, /- Iron Oxides (CL 77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Copper Powder (CI 77400)

on 2/4/2017 11:47:00 AM

My HG mascara!! A wiggle from the bottom of my lashes to the ends separates the lashes. I have to be careful of going over it a second time so it does not clump. Otherwise, it's super black, volumizing, and bold!! I would wear this with the lash primer plus for optimal results.

on 1/30/2017 5:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have my favourite mascaras already, but despite that, I am always on the hunt for a better one. I have tried Estee Lauder mascaras lately. One of them has really impressed me, but the other ones have not. They are on the expensive side, but I got a discount when I bought them.

Sumptuous Extreme has quite a large brush, that I am not super fond of as it does make application a little messy for me. It separates my lashes well, but I need to be really careful so that I don't apply to much, as my lashes then tend to stick together and look really heavy. If done right however, this mascara gives me both volume and length and makes my lashes pretty. It is a fine line though and it's a little too easy to cross over to the "bad" side. It's rather pigmented mascara so my lashes look very dark. I love that it doesn't flake (only very little at the end of a long day), but it does smudge. There are lots of mascaras that don't smudge, so that is a deal breaker for me. It is a good mascara though, so if you don't have trouble with oily lids and the price, this might be for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

My lashes are short and thin. I need mascara that can make wonders without giving me spider lash look. This one gives me nothing: no volume, no length, no curl, no definition.
It's a very basic mascara, that does not deliver what it advertise.

on 12/14/2016 4:06:00 PM

I bought this mascara with the primer and it really does nothing for me. For the price, I expected more.

on 11/28/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received a deluxe sample of this and the first thing I noticed is how large the brush is, even for the sample size. It is almost too large/awkward to use, and I can't imagine the regular/full sized one being bigger, yikes! Anyhow, getting past the brush, which is a traditional bristle type, old fashioned mascara brush, btw, but that aside, for me, this is a decent mascara, nothing remarkable. Applies easily even though the brush is huge (as in fat and long). Decent shade of black, can be built up. I would not say this is extremely volumizing nor lengthening, but it applies pretty much clump-free for me.

Downside that I found (aside from the huge brush), is this fades fast, and also, if you remotely get warm, this might smudge. Wore this in a crowded church for a wedding and it was very warm and this smudged a bit, but not terrible, likely I was the only one who noticed, so not bad, but still..it smudged. I apply mascara only to my top lashes, and this smudged underneath my lower lashes. I did not do any rubbing of the eyes nor crying, just was very warm. I would venture a guess if you sweat or cry, this would make a huge mess. No irritation. All in all an average to a somewhat decent mascara. But due to it not lasting long (barely 6 hours) and the slight smudging, I won't be purchasing the full size.

on 11/14/2016 5:25:00 AM

In my case, applying in with upward stroked helos and changes the look of the lashes dramatically, it looked very nice and I am a person who rarely finds a mascara that gives me the look I am after. But... the mascara smudged and I had pandaeyes after 5 -6 hours. Could be that I have been struggling with itching eyes since a month ago but I suppose one has to live with this results if you have sensitive eyes and don't wear waterproof mascaras. I will buy the waterproof one, since I am very happy with how my eyelashes look with this mascara. But for 32 € I would have expected less panda-eyes risk.

on 10/26/2016 6:52:00 PM

This is gorgeous. It gives me the most expensive looking eyelashes (which it ought to for £23), and the packaging is decadent and a pleasure to use. The brush isn't plastic (hooray!) and I find one coat is enough to make a big difference to my long but blonde and slender lashes. It doesn't smudge on me and it's comfortable to wear, however it doesn't look quite so good after a few hours. Not bad, or clumpy, just a bit...droopy? And you can cry in it. I do find that Urban Decay Perversion looks about as good, lasts better and is cheaper, so for me that has the edge, although the packaging doesn't make me feel like I'm in a silk peignoir getting ready for a date with Richard Burton like this does. It really does feel luxurious, on a par with YSL, with the bonus of being a better mascara and not smelling like old ladies.

on 9/23/2016 3:03:00 AM

I prefer d/s mascaras because of how quickly they need to be replaced, but if I could splurge on any high-end mascara, this one would be my choice. I've tried Better than Sex, Perversion, Diorshow, Hypnose, Chanel, and a bunch of others I can't remember, but this one wins. It lifts, defines, adds volume, curls without making my lashes look stiff and crunchy, ie. they look soft, fanned out and fluttery...the formula also does not weigh down my lashes. It's like a superior, more dramatic version of Loreal's Volume Million So Couture (which is my favorite for day to day). Minimal to zero smudging/flaking/clumping, and lashes still look acceptable at the end of the day. Also not difficult to remove! It's great!
For reference my lashes are fine and quite sparse but they are long with a slight natural curl. And I'm not a fan of stiff/crunchy looking lashes, it just looks cheap and unnatural to me.

on 9/15/2016 4:12:00 PM

I'm extremely impressed with this mascara. I like to do three coats and this lets me do it without clumping. The volume and length are great, and the definition/separation added on top of that is unreal. I've been asked if I had lash extensions when wearing this. My lashes aren't particularly long, thick or at all curly naturally.

on 8/18/2016 7:01:00 PM

My holy grail mascara. I've read the reviews and am a little surprised, since I can't live without this baby and hold it to the highest regard. But we all have different body chemistries and ways of applying things. I've never had my eyes burn from sumptuous extreme, and I can name a bunch of other mascaras that do that to me. I've never had it run or give me unsightly black dots underneath my eyes. I've never had it look clumpy. So I don't know what I'm doing differently but I absolutely love this mascara and I pray that Estee doesn't discontinue it like so many of their other mascaras. My lashes are long but not very thick and this plumps them up wonderfully without making them look spidery or stuck together WHATSOEVER. I achieve a very natural volume doing the good ol' brush and wiggle. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge. That could be why it's a little hard to remove for a non-waterproof mascara but I'm okay with that! I always get compliments on my lashes when I wear this mascara!

Popular Mascaras