Smashbox Foundation Brush

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Smashbox Foundation Brush

4.4

A lovely foundation brush - the best I've used. The bristles are soft and fine textured, and it has far fewer than some of those awkward thick brushes I've tried. I find it much easier to get smooth, even coverage with a less densely bristled brush like this - even though it's marginally more time consuming to apply foundation with wispy little strokes.
It's also good looking (er, for a brush, that is!), with a sleek red shiny handle that's of a convenient length and diameter.
Plus, I bought the brush on sale - what's not to love?!

on 4/15/2009 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is THE ONLY high-end makeup brush I have. In fact, the only GOOD brush I have. However, I REALLY REALLY like this brush! I have used/borrowed some other high-end brushes, but I really do like this one. It IS expensive at $34, but it is definitely worth it. I use it for my foundation (obviously) and the brush is EXTREMELY soft and applies very nicely. It is a little bit difficult to clean w/ soap and water, but it may just be my method that makes it tricky. Occasionally it can apply streaky, but overall if you take care of it, it will be phenomenal!

I really like the idea of the foundation brush... This helps my make-up og on smoothly and I like it alot. Sometimes, it separates a bit and goes on streaky. But all in all i like it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been using the same Ulta foundation brush for years when I got this in a swap. Now I will never go back! Putting on even drugstore foundation with this brush has really shown me that the tools really do make all the difference in the world. It is soft and doesn't poke at my skin while I am applying. Also, this makes blending a breeze and I can't blend foundation into my jawline to save my life. Previously my foundation had been getting "balled up" on my face by my old makeup brush and this smashbox one has solved that problem- the application is so smooth. I love this and am even considering getting a backup!

This brush is lovely. Its super soft and easy to clean. It makes applying foundation a snap and saves on product. I couldn't be more pleased.

on 1/12/2008 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this brush alot. I also tried the Becca and Mac foundation brushes (which are good brushes), but this is my favorite. I like the fact it isn't quite as full as the others, since it seems like I don't lose as much foundation to the brush itself. A friend of mine tipped me to the trick in putting on foundation with a brush. I initially put on the foundation with the brush in a sweeping fashion, and then I use the brush to pat the foundation into my skin. I get a flawless finish with this technique.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a gift in a brush set, it gets me by when my Chanel brush is drying. I think it is a bit too tapered. My skin is so delicate that I like my brush a bit more full. But not all bad, the rest of the set is lovely and I do still use it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my first foundation brush, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I've always used sponges in the past for foundation. I love this brush! Makes foundation application flawless and helps to distribute just the right amount. Easy to clean and well-made. So glad I added this brush to my tool kit!

on 4/18/2005 1:36:00 AM

Within the past year, using a brush for foundation was new to me. I asked a few sales assoc. to recommend a good brush and was pointed in this direction.

I've been using this brush for over 6 months with no bristle loss and it works well with my Chanel foundations.

on 6/27/2004 5:55:00 AM

This brush puts my foundation on beatifully. I use smashbox primer and stick foundation. I blend my foundation in with this and just adore it.

Popular Makeup Brushes