Smashbox Foundation Brush

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Smashbox Foundation Brush

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a great brush, but what do I know, I've never used another foundation brush. It doesn't absorb foundation, so you aren't wasting as much as you would with a sponge. It's definitely a good looking brush.I use it with SB Healthy FX oil-free foundation, MUFE HD Photo Finish foundation, MUFE Mat Velvet. Sometimes its leaves streaks, but maybe it's my technique. It leaves streaks whether the brush is clean or dirty. I find it hard to clean, especially the inside bristles. Once you use it, it will never be like new. I used to wash it with Clinique brush cleaner, but I would have to use so much of it. A makeup artist in an Allure magazine article recommended using dish soap for synthetic bristles and baby shampoo for animal hair bristles. Anyway, I would buy this again, but only as a replacement.

on 1/5/2010 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My sis sent me this from USA so I have no idea how much this costs. Also, I have the travel version of this brush it's very useful. Actually, I don't use this as a Foundation Brush since it's small. I use this for applying my eye concealer instead and it works very well for me! Love it!

on 11/15/2009 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation brush! Since I don't really wear cream/liquid foundation (oily skin sucks), I use this brush to blend in my concealer, and I really like it. I would repurchase this brush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first foundation brush that I ever purchased and it is still going strong today! This brush has synthetic hairs, as do most foundation brushes of this type. It is a paddle-type foundation brush. When washing the brush, I do not experience any bristles that fall out or splay out when the brush dries. The brush applies foundation and blends it easily into the skin. I apply foundation in small downward strokes, or by using long strokes in vertical and horizontal motions to blend when I'm in a hurry. I have really bad acne scarring on my cheeks, so sometimes I use this brush to apply concealer to large areas. It works wonderfully for that also. Another use for this brush is to apply cream/gel blush. It picks up just enough and blends out the blush to a healthy flush without streaks. I also use this brush to apply my foundation primer. By using this brush to apply my primer, it eliminates any possible streaking of the foundation. It's available at your local Smashbox counter, Sephora, Ulta, or online at smashbox.com for $34.

I got this as a x-mas present in a starter box set and I love it!! I use it to blend my concealer as well as my foundation, its super soft and easy to clean. Also, it hasn't shed one bit. I probably wouldn't of bought it though, but I do recommend it.

on 1/6/2009 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This brush so so amazing. I love it to bits and I am NEVER going back to other brands for brushes unless smashbox doesn't have the one I am looking for...Amazing!

on 11/15/2008 12:49:00 PM

After over 10 years apply liquid-powder foundation (clinique active white) with the supplied sponge, i finally tried switching to brushes. the smashbox #13 is simply amazing and i can't believe the difference it makes compared to the sponge:

1) application is way smoother
2) application is way more even
3) feels better on your face
4) easy to get to hard to reach areas
5) doesn't waste any foundation

everyone should get this as a bare essential!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm new to using foundation brushes. I've always been a finger and disposable sponges person. I figured Smashbox would be a good brand to start with. So far so good. Although I don't have a vast amount of foundation brush experience to compare with, I did notice a pleasant difference. I used it with Jane Iredale's Absence and Pressed Powder foundation. The brush is really soft and product application was smooth and spreads evenly. I liked how it was easier to get product in all those 'hard to reach' crevices on my face (nose, under eye, etc). There wasn't any streaking and blending was much easier. Needless to say, fingers and disposable sponges are a thing of the past. Definitely a good investment.

on 8/6/2008 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i like this brush, i have 2 of them. can't really compare it to others, but i do like it. helps give a smooth application.

on 7/8/2008 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my all time fave foundation brushes...it gives a smooth finish and leaves your skin looking flawless. I also love to use it for cream blushes, it's perfect. I love everything about it, the quality and the look.

Popular Makeup Brushes