Smashbox Foundation Brush

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Smashbox Foundation Brush

4.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first foundation brush that I ever purchased and it is still going strong today! This brush has synthetic hairs, as do most foundation brushes of this type. It is a paddle-type foundation brush. When washing the brush, I do not experience any bristles that fall out or splay out when the brush dries. The brush applies foundation and blends it easily into the skin. I apply foundation in small downward strokes, or by using long strokes in vertical and horizontal motions to blend when I'm in a hurry. I have really bad acne scarring on my cheeks, so sometimes I use this brush to apply concealer to large areas. It works wonderfully for that also. Another use for this brush is to apply cream/gel blush. It picks up just enough and blends out the blush to a healthy flush without streaks. I also use this brush to apply my foundation primer. By using this brush to apply my primer, it eliminates any possible streaking of the foundation. It's available at your local Smashbox counter, Sephora, Ulta, or online at smashbox.com for $34.

I really like the idea of the foundation brush... This helps my make-up og on smoothly and I like it alot. Sometimes, it separates a bit and goes on streaky. But all in all i like it.

I got this as a x-mas present in a starter box set and I love it!! I use it to blend my concealer as well as my foundation, its super soft and easy to clean. Also, it hasn't shed one bit. I probably wouldn't of bought it though, but I do recommend it.

on 1/6/2009 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This brush so so amazing. I love it to bits and I am NEVER going back to other brands for brushes unless smashbox doesn't have the one I am looking for...Amazing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this was an impulse buy but i really like this brush because of the texture and it cleans fairly easily. will repurchase <3

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush!! It feels so soft on your face and it spreads evenly!! i would buy this again!!!

on 1/16/2005 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was dithering between the MAC 190 foundation brush and this (Smashbox #13) and decided on this one because of the slightly larger brush head. It blends foundation into skin very well. The brush hairs hold together during application (very important if you want to avoid streaks). I used to apply foundation only with my fingers prior to this brush, and I can tell the difference. If you want to maximize your liquid foundation, this brush is worth the money.

on 2/10/2003 12:39:00 AM

I was stupid not to buy this in the first place. I had bought the Sephora brush with sad results, and swapped it. I got the smashbox brush New Years DAY!!!

Much nicer result! Works with ANY makeup and applies evenly.

Popular Makeup Brushes