Smashbox Foundation Brush

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Smashbox Foundation Brush

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used this brush about a few times before it started to become unusable. The first time I used it I loved it. I had never used another foundation brush, just usually sponges, and I liked it. It was kind of hard to blend with and left streaks on my face no matter how much I blended. I wasn't very rough with the brush and I washed it with brush cleanser, yet for some reason the ends got extremely dry and had like split ends. It came to a point where it hurt my face to use it.

on 1/5/2010 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My sis sent me this from USA so I have no idea how much this costs. Also, I have the travel version of this brush it's very useful. Actually, I don't use this as a Foundation Brush since it's small. I use this for applying my eye concealer instead and it works very well for me! Love it!

on 4/15/2009 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is THE ONLY high-end makeup brush I have. In fact, the only GOOD brush I have. However, I REALLY REALLY like this brush! I have used/borrowed some other high-end brushes, but I really do like this one. It IS expensive at $34, but it is definitely worth it. I use it for my foundation (obviously) and the brush is EXTREMELY soft and applies very nicely. It is a little bit difficult to clean w/ soap and water, but it may just be my method that makes it tricky. Occasionally it can apply streaky, but overall if you take care of it, it will be phenomenal!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been using the same Ulta foundation brush for years when I got this in a swap. Now I will never go back! Putting on even drugstore foundation with this brush has really shown me that the tools really do make all the difference in the world. It is soft and doesn't poke at my skin while I am applying. Also, this makes blending a breeze and I can't blend foundation into my jawline to save my life. Previously my foundation had been getting "balled up" on my face by my old makeup brush and this smashbox one has solved that problem- the application is so smooth. I love this and am even considering getting a backup!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is the best foundation brush. Smooth, flawless application. Use it with the Smashbox FX foundation. Great! :)

Love it.

This brush is lovely. Its super soft and easy to clean. It makes applying foundation a snap and saves on product. I couldn't be more pleased.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my first, and hopefully only needed foundation brush. I love it! First you have to love the Red and Black Smashbox handles anyway, there are just no other brushes like them on the market. Like Trish McEvoy translucent handles these really define the brand.

I had never used a foundation brush before, but the first time I used this (actually with MMU for spot touching, not liquid) I was hooked. It really helps me get the coverage I want and where I want it. I couldn't imagine putting my foundation on with anything else now.

Its so easy to clean as well and for a synthetic brush very soft on the skin. It can leave some streak marks if you don't blend properly but just like a paint brush when its used properly you cannot believe the result. Or just use your finger tip to do a little extra blending :)

It is expensive, but that is why they invented Ebay! If you are investing in your make-up brushes though this can't be missed and will probably last your life time, so well worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my third foundation brush and it is very nice. A smaller and more compact head than my MAC foundation brush which makes it easier to apply foundation to the naso-labial folds. Very nicely tapered. Washes up well and dries quickly. Glad I was talked into buying it.

on 3/10/2004 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is the only foundation brush I have ever used, so I cannot compare it to other similar brushes. I can tell you though, that this is a great brush. I use it for my Chanel foundation or my PC sheer matte tint, and it works great. It gets in the corners of my nose and under my eyes very well. It feels comfortable on my face, washes well, and looks like new. I love the long, bright red handle.

on 1/16/2004 1:06:00 AM

This brush is a bit more expensive than the MAC brush, but I was sold on shorter handle.

I've tried a few foundation brushes, and I couldn't be happier than I am with Smashbox. The hairs are soft, but dense, which is important for application.

This brush makes even the cheapest and thickest foundation look smooth and natural. If I have to replace this brush, I would definately but it again. I recommended it to a friend, and now, she swears by it.

Popular Makeup Brushes