Smashbox Foundation Brush

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Smashbox Foundation Brush

4.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a great brush, but what do I know, I've never used another foundation brush. It doesn't absorb foundation, so you aren't wasting as much as you would with a sponge. It's definitely a good looking brush.I use it with SB Healthy FX oil-free foundation, MUFE HD Photo Finish foundation, MUFE Mat Velvet. Sometimes its leaves streaks, but maybe it's my technique. It leaves streaks whether the brush is clean or dirty. I find it hard to clean, especially the inside bristles. Once you use it, it will never be like new. I used to wash it with Clinique brush cleaner, but I would have to use so much of it. A makeup artist in an Allure magazine article recommended using dish soap for synthetic bristles and baby shampoo for animal hair bristles. Anyway, I would buy this again, but only as a replacement.

on 11/15/2009 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation brush! Since I don't really wear cream/liquid foundation (oily skin sucks), I use this brush to blend in my concealer, and I really like it. I would repurchase this brush!

A lovely foundation brush - the best I've used. The bristles are soft and fine textured, and it has far fewer than some of those awkward thick brushes I've tried. I find it much easier to get smooth, even coverage with a less densely bristled brush like this - even though it's marginally more time consuming to apply foundation with wispy little strokes.
It's also good looking (er, for a brush, that is!), with a sleek red shiny handle that's of a convenient length and diameter.
Plus, I bought the brush on sale - what's not to love?!

on 11/15/2008 12:49:00 PM

After over 10 years apply liquid-powder foundation (clinique active white) with the supplied sponge, i finally tried switching to brushes. the smashbox #13 is simply amazing and i can't believe the difference it makes compared to the sponge:

1) application is way smoother
2) application is way more even
3) feels better on your face
4) easy to get to hard to reach areas
5) doesn't waste any foundation

everyone should get this as a bare essential!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

best brush. ive had mine going on 4 years, and i use it everytime i apply foundation, does a better job then fingers and sponges do. spreads the foundation nicely and evenly.
worth the investment

on 11/25/2005 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this foundation in thw winter collection 2005 (white handles) and love them all,so very soft and easy to use.

on 9/15/2005 10:54:00 PM

My favorite foundation brush. Someone turned me on to using a brush to apply my foundation a few months ago (used to use a sponge) and I'll never go back to using anything else. This brush was a definite upgrade and I love it. My make up goes on smooth and even with no streaking at all. Equally effective with foundation, TM or tinted sunscreen. Washes easily and without becoming limp or losing any good qualities even with daily washing. No bristle loss or handle cracking/chipping. I use about 1/4 to 1/2 as much foundation as I used to and once I got the hang of it, takes about the same or less time than it did to apply makeup using a sponge and it just feels soooooo much more sanitary! Worth the effort to learn to use and ever cent for the brush.

on 3/26/2005 3:10:00 AM

Excellent foundation brush. Makes my foundation look natural, uses less foundation, doesn't streak and washes well. I would repurchase.

on 1/16/2005 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was dithering between the MAC 190 foundation brush and this (Smashbox #13) and decided on this one because of the slightly larger brush head. It blends foundation into skin very well. The brush hairs hold together during application (very important if you want to avoid streaks). I used to apply foundation only with my fingers prior to this brush, and I can tell the difference. If you want to maximize your liquid foundation, this brush is worth the money.

on 7/24/2004 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love my new Smashbox foundation brush so much I want to marry it! I've never used a foundation brush before, but they get such good MUA reviews, I thought I'd try one. I used it today for the first time, and I love how it works. I had to use very little foundation to get the coverage I like; there was neither dragging nor streaks; and the brush was very soft against my face. I have a feeling this brush will be one of the best high-end purchases I've made yet! EDIT: I returned this in favor of the cheapie-but-great EoB foundation brush from CVS!

Popular Makeup Brushes