Smashbox Foundation Brush

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Smashbox Foundation Brush

4.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a great brush, but what do I know, I've never used another foundation brush. It doesn't absorb foundation, so you aren't wasting as much as you would with a sponge. It's definitely a good looking brush.I use it with SB Healthy FX oil-free foundation, MUFE HD Photo Finish foundation, MUFE Mat Velvet. Sometimes its leaves streaks, but maybe it's my technique. It leaves streaks whether the brush is clean or dirty. I find it hard to clean, especially the inside bristles. Once you use it, it will never be like new. I used to wash it with Clinique brush cleaner, but I would have to use so much of it. A makeup artist in an Allure magazine article recommended using dish soap for synthetic bristles and baby shampoo for animal hair bristles. Anyway, I would buy this again, but only as a replacement.

on 1/5/2010 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My sis sent me this from USA so I have no idea how much this costs. Also, I have the travel version of this brush it's very useful. Actually, I don't use this as a Foundation Brush since it's small. I use this for applying my eye concealer instead and it works very well for me! Love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been using the same Ulta foundation brush for years when I got this in a swap. Now I will never go back! Putting on even drugstore foundation with this brush has really shown me that the tools really do make all the difference in the world. It is soft and doesn't poke at my skin while I am applying. Also, this makes blending a breeze and I can't blend foundation into my jawline to save my life. Previously my foundation had been getting "balled up" on my face by my old makeup brush and this smashbox one has solved that problem- the application is so smooth. I love this and am even considering getting a backup!

on 4/6/2008 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a Great brush! SO SO SOFT! and made my foundation go on like a dream. Im throwing away my cheaper brushes now that ive tried this one I cant go back !! I also have a mini MAC 190 version but Its thicker, I thinkI like this one better.

on 1/31/2008 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful looking and feeling brush. It feels like silk and blends foundation wonderfully. I spray a little toner on the brush before using it to apply foundation and that seems to make everything blend and not get too thick. The toner sort of emulsifies the foundation and makes it look like real skin. The brush is fabulous and the best foundation brush I've tried.

on 11/25/2005 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this foundation in thw winter collection 2005 (white handles) and love them all,so very soft and easy to use.

on 9/15/2005 10:54:00 PM

My favorite foundation brush. Someone turned me on to using a brush to apply my foundation a few months ago (used to use a sponge) and I'll never go back to using anything else. This brush was a definite upgrade and I love it. My make up goes on smooth and even with no streaking at all. Equally effective with foundation, TM or tinted sunscreen. Washes easily and without becoming limp or losing any good qualities even with daily washing. No bristle loss or handle cracking/chipping. I use about 1/4 to 1/2 as much foundation as I used to and once I got the hang of it, takes about the same or less time than it did to apply makeup using a sponge and it just feels soooooo much more sanitary! Worth the effort to learn to use and ever cent for the brush.

This is a fabulous brush. I have been using it for about a month and everyone has been commenting on how good my skin looks. I wet it lightly first and then just brush on a sheer foundation. The bristles are so soft and feel good on your face. Also, it doesn't shed. I hated foundation and rarely used it until I got this brush. Now I'm a huge fan!

Popular Makeup Brushes