Smashbox Foundation Brush

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Smashbox Foundation Brush

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used this brush about a few times before it started to become unusable. The first time I used it I loved it. I had never used another foundation brush, just usually sponges, and I liked it. It was kind of hard to blend with and left streaks on my face no matter how much I blended. I wasn't very rough with the brush and I washed it with brush cleanser, yet for some reason the ends got extremely dry and had like split ends. It came to a point where it hurt my face to use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a great brush, but what do I know, I've never used another foundation brush. It doesn't absorb foundation, so you aren't wasting as much as you would with a sponge. It's definitely a good looking brush.I use it with SB Healthy FX oil-free foundation, MUFE HD Photo Finish foundation, MUFE Mat Velvet. Sometimes its leaves streaks, but maybe it's my technique. It leaves streaks whether the brush is clean or dirty. I find it hard to clean, especially the inside bristles. Once you use it, it will never be like new. I used to wash it with Clinique brush cleaner, but I would have to use so much of it. A makeup artist in an Allure magazine article recommended using dish soap for synthetic bristles and baby shampoo for animal hair bristles. Anyway, I would buy this again, but only as a replacement.

on 1/5/2010 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My sis sent me this from USA so I have no idea how much this costs. Also, I have the travel version of this brush it's very useful. Actually, I don't use this as a Foundation Brush since it's small. I use this for applying my eye concealer instead and it works very well for me! Love it!

on 11/15/2009 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation brush! Since I don't really wear cream/liquid foundation (oily skin sucks), I use this brush to blend in my concealer, and I really like it. I would repurchase this brush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first foundation brush that I ever purchased and it is still going strong today! This brush has synthetic hairs, as do most foundation brushes of this type. It is a paddle-type foundation brush. When washing the brush, I do not experience any bristles that fall out or splay out when the brush dries. The brush applies foundation and blends it easily into the skin. I apply foundation in small downward strokes, or by using long strokes in vertical and horizontal motions to blend when I'm in a hurry. I have really bad acne scarring on my cheeks, so sometimes I use this brush to apply concealer to large areas. It works wonderfully for that also. Another use for this brush is to apply cream/gel blush. It picks up just enough and blends out the blush to a healthy flush without streaks. I also use this brush to apply my foundation primer. By using this brush to apply my primer, it eliminates any possible streaking of the foundation. It's available at your local Smashbox counter, Sephora, Ulta, or online at smashbox.com for $34.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This brush is a keeper. I got it in a kit and normally pass on foundation brushes. I have used other foundation brushes from other brands and been disappointed. Had the kit's directions not said to use it, I probably would not have touched it. This brush is great. It is soft and very easy to clean. Dries quickly. I have found it a very multi-purpose brush. I can use it to apply concealer, foundation, and the photo op brightener. Very good buy. Would advise to anyone especially if you are not a big fan of brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm new to using foundation brushes. I've always been a finger and disposable sponges person. I figured Smashbox would be a good brand to start with. So far so good. Although I don't have a vast amount of foundation brush experience to compare with, I did notice a pleasant difference. I used it with Jane Iredale's Absence and Pressed Powder foundation. The brush is really soft and product application was smooth and spreads evenly. I liked how it was easier to get product in all those 'hard to reach' crevices on my face (nose, under eye, etc). There wasn't any streaking and blending was much easier. Needless to say, fingers and disposable sponges are a thing of the past. Definitely a good investment.

on 4/6/2008 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a Great brush! SO SO SOFT! and made my foundation go on like a dream. Im throwing away my cheaper brushes now that ive tried this one I cant go back !! I also have a mini MAC 190 version but Its thicker, I thinkI like this one better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this was an impulse buy but i really like this brush because of the texture and it cleans fairly easily. will repurchase <3

on 1/12/2008 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this brush alot. I also tried the Becca and Mac foundation brushes (which are good brushes), but this is my favorite. I like the fact it isn't quite as full as the others, since it seems like I don't lose as much foundation to the brush itself. A friend of mine tipped me to the trick in putting on foundation with a brush. I initially put on the foundation with the brush in a sweeping fashion, and then I use the brush to pat the foundation into my skin. I get a flawless finish with this technique.

Popular Makeup Brushes