Smashbox Foundation Brush

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Smashbox Foundation Brush

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used this brush about a few times before it started to become unusable. The first time I used it I loved it. I had never used another foundation brush, just usually sponges, and I liked it. It was kind of hard to blend with and left streaks on my face no matter how much I blended. I wasn't very rough with the brush and I washed it with brush cleanser, yet for some reason the ends got extremely dry and had like split ends. It came to a point where it hurt my face to use it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This brush is a keeper. I got it in a kit and normally pass on foundation brushes. I have used other foundation brushes from other brands and been disappointed. Had the kit's directions not said to use it, I probably would not have touched it. This brush is great. It is soft and very easy to clean. Dries quickly. I have found it a very multi-purpose brush. I can use it to apply concealer, foundation, and the photo op brightener. Very good buy. Would advise to anyone especially if you are not a big fan of brushes.

A lovely foundation brush - the best I've used. The bristles are soft and fine textured, and it has far fewer than some of those awkward thick brushes I've tried. I find it much easier to get smooth, even coverage with a less densely bristled brush like this - even though it's marginally more time consuming to apply foundation with wispy little strokes.
It's also good looking (er, for a brush, that is!), with a sleek red shiny handle that's of a convenient length and diameter.
Plus, I bought the brush on sale - what's not to love?!

on 4/15/2009 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is THE ONLY high-end makeup brush I have. In fact, the only GOOD brush I have. However, I REALLY REALLY like this brush! I have used/borrowed some other high-end brushes, but I really do like this one. It IS expensive at $34, but it is definitely worth it. I use it for my foundation (obviously) and the brush is EXTREMELY soft and applies very nicely. It is a little bit difficult to clean w/ soap and water, but it may just be my method that makes it tricky. Occasionally it can apply streaky, but overall if you take care of it, it will be phenomenal!

I love this brush although it could have been a bit larger. On the positive side though, because of the size it works perfect for applying cream blushes and concealer too. This brush makes my foundation go on really smoothly without streaks and leaves my skin looking absolutely FLAWLESS. It's also easy to clean and none of the product goes to waste. I'm never going back to using sponges!

on 11/15/2008 12:49:00 PM

After over 10 years apply liquid-powder foundation (clinique active white) with the supplied sponge, i finally tried switching to brushes. the smashbox #13 is simply amazing and i can't believe the difference it makes compared to the sponge:

1) application is way smoother
2) application is way more even
3) feels better on your face
4) easy to get to hard to reach areas
5) doesn't waste any foundation

everyone should get this as a bare essential!

This brush is the best very good at blending ! SO SOFT! As i was useing this on a client she was impressed saying it felt like "a marshmellow on her skin!"..lol.Great product, good investment!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is the best foundation brush. Smooth, flawless application. Use it with the Smashbox FX foundation. Great! :)

Love it.

This brush is lovely. Its super soft and easy to clean. It makes applying foundation a snap and saves on product. I couldn't be more pleased.

I got this in the Roxy brush roll, and use it to apply my tinted moisturizer. I like it, but I'm not in love with it, either. Sometimes, it separates a bit and goes on streaky. However, it does make my moisturizer go a long way - I use half as much when I use this brush. It gets me by just fine, but I doubt I'd repurchase it.

Popular Makeup Brushes