Smashbox Foundation Brush

Smashbox Foundation Brush

4.6

on 1/31/2008 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful looking and feeling brush. It feels like silk and blends foundation wonderfully. I spray a little toner on the brush before using it to apply foundation and that seems to make everything blend and not get too thick. The toner sort of emulsifies the foundation and makes it look like real skin. The brush is fabulous and the best foundation brush I've tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first foundation brush that I ever purchased and it is still going strong today! This brush has synthetic hairs, as do most foundation brushes of this type. It is a paddle-type foundation brush. When washing the brush, I do not experience any bristles that fall out or splay out when the brush dries. The brush applies foundation and blends it easily into the skin. I apply foundation in small downward strokes, or by using long strokes in vertical and horizontal motions to blend when I'm in a hurry. I have really bad acne scarring on my cheeks, so sometimes I use this brush to apply concealer to large areas. It works wonderfully for that also. Another use for this brush is to apply cream/gel blush. It picks up just enough and blends out the blush to a healthy flush without streaks. I also use this brush to apply my foundation primer. By using this brush to apply my primer, it eliminates any possible streaking of the foundation. It's available at your local Smashbox counter, Sephora, Ulta, or online at smashbox.com for $34.

on 12/17/2005 5:30:00 AM

(+) had this brush for over 2 years.. still even distribution
(+) even with regular washings, none of the bristles fall out
(+) saves the amt of foundation used per wear
(-) my first & only foundation brush. nothing to compare to continued >>

on 11/15/2008 12:49:00 PM

After over 10 years apply liquid-powder foundation (clinique active white) with the supplied sponge, i finally tried switching to brushes. the smashbox #13 is simply amazing and i can't believe the difference it makes compared to the sponge:

1) application is way smoother
2) application is way more even
3) feels better on your face
4) easy to get to hard to reach areas
5) doesn't waste any foundation

everyone should get this as a bare essential!

on 1/12/2008 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this brush alot. I also tried the Becca and Mac foundation brushes (which are good brushes), but this is my favorite. I like the fact it isn't quite as full as the others, since it seems like I don't lose as much foundation to the brush itself. A friend of mine tipped me to the trick in putting on foundation with a brush. I initially put on the foundation with the brush in a sweeping fashion, and then I use the brush to pat the foundation into my skin. I get a flawless finish with this technique.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used this brush about a few times before it started to become unusable. The first time I used it I loved it. I had never used another foundation brush, just usually sponges, and I liked it. It was kind of hard to blend with and left streaks on my face no matter how much I blended. I wasn't very rough with the brush and I washed it with brush cleanser, yet for some reason the ends got extremely dry and had like split ends. It came to a point where it hurt my face to use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm new to using foundation brushes. I've always been a finger and disposable sponges person. I figured Smashbox would be a good brand to start with. So far so good. Although I don't have a vast amount of foundation brush experience to compare with, I did notice a pleasant difference. I used it with Jane Iredale's Absence and Pressed Powder foundation. The brush is really soft and product application was smooth and spreads evenly. I liked how it was easier to get product in all those 'hard to reach' crevices on my face (nose, under eye, etc). There wasn't any streaking and blending was much easier. Needless to say, fingers and disposable sponges are a thing of the past. Definitely a good investment.

I bought the Mod Chic brush collection b/c I really wanted the angled blush brush from the set but now this is turning out to be my favorite brush from the collection. It has not lost a single hair & helps blend my foundation evenly. I used to always use foundation sponges but I love that this brush blends the liquid foundation easier & keeps me from getting those awful streaks across my face. I hope this lasts me awhile, but if it doesn't I would definitely buy it again.

I like applying my liquid foundation with this foundation brush for a really airbrushed finish. The brush makes it easy to deposit foundation without the uneven smearing or smudging away that might happen if you used your fingers. It also ensures that you apply foundation to your entire face and lets you easily build up layers in areas that need more coverage. Please note that foundation should be applied using this brush in downward strokes. This brush is reasonably priced and has held up well over time.

on 11/25/2005 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this foundation in thw winter collection 2005 (white handles) and love them all,so very soft and easy to use.

Popular Makeup Brushes