Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyethylene, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica, [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Black 2/CI 77266, Bronze Powder/CI 77400, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891]

on 10/19/2017 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

For five dollars you get a bunch of neutral pigmented shades and a beautiful duochrome. How can you not love this?

on 8/26/2017 2:16:00 PM

This palette is getting a lot of rave reviews, after being so pleased with the WNW Walking on Eggshells trio I decided to grab this one too.

This is a nice palette, but I know right off the bat that I won't use all of these colors. The two browbone shades and the eyelid and crease shades on the left are primarily the ones that I wanted this palette for. The other 4 shades are nice but are either too dark or not the most flattering colors on me anyway. I have green eyes, and while I really like green eyeshadows, I don't generally go for them to begin with, unless it's a very small amount.

My favorite shade in the palette by miles is the eyelid shade on the left which is a light coppery color. This is a really nice lid shade, and I am liking it a lot. I find that I like to just put this all over the lid for a simple look, it's quite nice and in the short time I have had this palette have used it a few times.

The pigmentation is good, they are all shimmery for sure. There is some fall out, so these are best to add a little and buildup if need be. While experimenting I made the mistake of applying too much of one of the darker colors and it was a bit messy. A warning though, it appears that this palette has carmine, and my guess is that it's in one of the darker definer shades. When I wear anything with carmine in it, it's a disaster so I need to stay clear of those colors.

Would I purchase this again? Yes, likely for the coppery shade unless I can find a dupe for it. I am hesitant to give it a complete yes because half of the shades I am not going to use, but that's okay. Initially I wasn't over the moon with this palette but the shades I do like, I like quite a bit. I am always looking for neutral shades that I can just sweep across the lid and go, and the light copper is quite lovely.

By the way....there is a great You Tube tutorial on this palette if you search for "Wet N Wild Summer Shimmers". The model does a terrific job with this palette, I didn't have remotely the same result but that is likely operator error.

I rate this a solid 4, this would be a really nice little palette for the upcoming fall and winter months. Initially I wasn't complete sold on it but I am glad that I picked this one up.

on 8/13/2017 1:23:00 AM

So exactly when did Wet n Wild start making amazing eye shadows??! Good lord. I had stopped buying drugstore eyeshadow a long while ago but, after hearing a bit of good buzz about Wet n Wild (and acquiring an amazing bronzer for, like, nothing) I went for this palette.

I am not kidding, it actually depressed me. I had not that long ago shelled out $45 for Urban Decay Nude 2, after wanting some cool shimmery browns, and... well, this palette is damn close in quality. Yeah, there's some shades that are somewhat different between them and the UD palette is larger. But good lord. The UD Lounge dupe- which I own as a single- is not a thousand percent identical but totally close enough.

And the quality of the WnW shadows is amazing, fully as good as things I've paid a LOT more for. The browbone R is lovely, a cool light shimmery taupe. (Yeah, they're all shimmers). Eyelid R is a great light yellow green with gold flash. Crease R is a basic matte black base with gold glitter that pulls a hair green on me, and goes well it's eyelid. Brownone L is a pale gold shimmer, followed by a rose-brown Eyelid, then a metallic mid brown Crease and...

Oh hell. They're all amazing for the price, just try them, if you have any use at all for the shades within. The UD Lounge dupe is worth it all by itself.

I know I'm like, the 500th person to say it. But for under $6, goddamn what a deal.

on 7/21/2017 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought it out of curiosity. I was pretty bummed because it doesn't have any matte transition shade that I'd normally use. However I can still use the brown crease shade for that purpose, and I must say that I'm impressed! The two browbone shades are also beautiful to be used as face highlight. The deep cranberry-ish definer shade is also great to be used as an eyeliner. The other definer shade is the most gorgeous duo-chrome that you could expect in a drugstore eye shadow palette. You can create a lot of eye-look with this, the sky is the limit!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this on sale with a chipped lower left definer shade at my local grocer in fear that they might not be carrying the color icon 8 pans anymore. They still are. Those lower left definer shades are prone to damage across the line so I just cleaned up the loose powder and went on.

At $5 Canadian it is pretty impossible to find a better shadow formula for less. I'll be straight up here, I don't like all the shades, but even dividing the price by how many I do like (5/8 isn't bad), it's still a steal. If I don't ever find myself using those remaining 3 shades I will depot them and keep the 5 I like.

Normally I prefer light colors on the lid and a matte brown or mauve on the crease/hood with a matte brow highlight. I don't like dark colors on my eyes or closing them in (small lids, semi-hooded) and I normally do a wide eyed or minimally defined look - not into smoky or sultry eyes.

Like many others I was only intending to use the left side, but I did find a use for the right side based on some helpful advice.

In short, I like using the gold on the inner half and either the rosy or medium green in the outer half. I love using the definers foiled as eyeliner on the top lid (too smudgy/fallout on the bottom lid).

I used this palette exclusively for a week but who knows - I may yet find uses for the other shades.

I use ELF primer and this lasts all day. There is some fallout, especially with the dark green crease and the dark brown definer - these are the harder shades with micro glitter (WnW always seems to throw one of these in). The other colors are very soft, smooth, blendable - brush and finger friendly.

on 6/25/2017 7:50:00 PM

This has become my go to 'ride or die' eyeshadow palette- the only negative is that there are no matte shades in this palette, but i love it anyways. If they ever discontinue this... i will actually cry. Incredible price, value, pigmentation, buttery soft, smooth, blendable, buildable, unique and lasts all day! Ive never met an eyeshadow palette that has every pan wore down equally because i use every single shade regularly. <3
There are two other palettes in this range that are good as well... but not as good as this guy right here!

Amazing pallette - totally lives up to the hype. Here are the list of pros and cons:

Pros:
- Price is amazing. For CAD$4.99 plus tax you get 8 beautiful colors that last a long time.
- The colors are richly pigmented and the texture is smooth and buttery. With my Hard Candy Eye Primer they stay on my oily eyelids all day and would not budge.
- The color selections are amazing for every day wear, very practical and universally flattering earth tones and warm colors make this everyday friendly to create the subtle yet sophisticated look.
- This is related to the texture but what I love about these eye shadows is that you can totally use your fingers to aplly as they blend so easily...which isn't something you can say about some of the other eye shadows out there.

Con:
- Packaging is a bit on the flimsy side and it feels cheap. But for 5 bucks who am I to complain.

Conclusion - I definitely would repurchase if I every run out of this beautiful and versatile pallette!

on 5/9/2017 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this and love it. I use it as much as a cooler brown palette called 'The Naked Truth,' which bizarrely doesn't get high reviews on MUA. Both CZ and The Naked Truth have more pigmented color selections than Au Natural Bar Awakenings which is my favorite nude palette. My favorite shadows in CZ are the shade that in the pan looks like WnW nutty (a silvery taupe) (bizarrely on my skin it can look golden in some light) or the dark charcoal olive tone that has gorgeous shimmer. Although these shadows have some dusting, there is little fallout and a lot of color payoff. It's odd, but since I am a neutral shadow person, and I am NC 30-35, I just assumed that I would only use the left side of the palette. That's not the case here. I also just got Inglot Duraline and cannot wait to transform some of these eyeshadow colors, especially the duochrome shade, into eyeliner.

Since I have oily lids, I use WnW eye shadow primer, photofocus eye primer, it's a matter of Prime. However any eye primer with isododecane and cyclopentasiloxane and talc holds my eyeshadow in place (other options are UDPP and TheBalm).

Outside of drug store universe, I love Ben nye eye shadows. BN are highly pigmented with a hit less fall out and dusting, but they need to be ordered on line (camera Ready Cosmetics or Alcone) or at a specialty store. I typically order Ben Nye in matte shades as it's easier IMO to find decent shimmer shades in the drugstore.

Note: be careful not to chip a nail trying to rip off the safety stickers on a WnW compact. Or drop it. I have already repurchased a backup of CZ.

on 4/30/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a good quality palette at an excellent price! The colors are pigmented, there's no fallout and they last for hours.

on 4/30/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wet 'n' Wild has really good eye shadows that are super pigmented. This palette happens to be my favorite because I like using more earthy tones for an everyday look. They go well on any skin tone, they stay all day, and don't crease all that much. The only thing that kept me from giving them a 5 is because all of their shadows have shimmer. I'd like to see them incorporate some matte colors as well.