Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyethylene, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica, [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Black 2/CI 77266, Bronze Powder/CI 77400, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891]

on 5/9/2017 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this and love it. I use it as much as a cooler brown palette called 'The Naked Truth,' which bizarrely doesn't get high reviews on MUA. Both CZ and The Naked Truth have more pigmented color selections than Au Natural Bar Awakenings which is my favorite nude palette. My favorite shadows in CZ are the shade that in the pan looks like WnW nutty (a silvery taupe) (bizarrely on my skin it can look golden in some light) or the dark charcoal olive tone that has gorgeous shimmer. Although these shadows have some dusting, there is little fallout and a lot of color payoff. It's odd, but since I am a neutral shadow person, and I am NC 30-35, I just assumed that I would only use the left side of the palette. That's not the case here. I also just got Inglot Duraline and cannot wait to transform some of these eyeshadow colors, especially the duochrome shade, into eyeliner.

Since I have oily lids, I use WnW eye shadow primer, photofocus eye primer, it's a matter of Prime. However any eye primer with isododecane and cyclopentasiloxane and talc holds my eyeshadow in place (other options are UDPP and TheBalm).

Outside of drug store universe, I love Ben nye eye shadows. BN are highly pigmented with a hit less fall out and dusting, but they need to be ordered on line (camera Ready Cosmetics or Alcone) or at a specialty store. I typically order Ben Nye in matte shades as it's easier IMO to find decent shimmer shades in the drugstore.

Note: be careful not to chip a nail trying to rip off the safety stickers on a WnW compact. Or drop it. I have already repurchased a backup of CZ.

on 4/30/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a good quality palette at an excellent price! The colors are pigmented, there's no fallout and they last for hours.

on 4/30/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wet 'n' Wild has really good eye shadows that are super pigmented. This palette happens to be my favorite because I like using more earthy tones for an everyday look. They go well on any skin tone, they stay all day, and don't crease all that much. The only thing that kept me from giving them a 5 is because all of their shadows have shimmer. I'd like to see them incorporate some matte colors as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Makes sense why it is called "comfort zone" because I reach for this every day and have repurchased twice. The shadows are better than higher end. I go into stores and swatch the shadows and am shocked because they do not compare to these. Wet n Wild shadows are buttery and smooth, not powdery or chalky. Now all the shadows in this palette are shimmery but not glittery. I use the bronze as a lid shade and the darker brown one as a crease or liner. I also love the pale green shade, I have heard it is a dupe for Mac "Juxt" and is so unique and pretty on my brown eyes. These shades would look good on any skin tone or eye color. And it is affordable and cruelty free.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I quite enjoyed this palette as an eyeshadow beginner/noob.

This is a fairly cohesive and well-thought out palette that is high quality, has good colour payoff and lasts all day. My favourite shades are the golden bronze crease shade and the duochrome (which is said to be a dupe of MAC's Club eyeshadow/Urban Decay's Lounge). Those colours are STUNNING and they have excellent colour payoff (even without primer!) and last all day for me. For reference, I am Asian with monolids and a NC15-20 olive skintone.

The dark brown/plum definer shade is my third favourite shade and I wear it occasionally for smokey eyes or in lieu of eyeliner. The other colours are really great too - highly pigmented, long lasting etc - but they don't really go too well with my warm skintone. I find the ivory browbone colour a bit sparkly though.

The shadows do have some fall out if you apply a lot of eyeshadow. I find dabbing my brush in two swipes ensures I don't get any fall out. The packaging is very sturdy. Since there are so many different shades here, I feel like this would be perfect for eyeshadow beginners like myself.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette, all colours are rather pigmented and I especially love the green which is mostly what drawn me into buying it. The only downside is there isn't a matte transition/crease colour so you have to use another palette as well and I don't travel with this which I would if there was a matte brown shade.

on 4/16/2017 9:01:00 PM

I was on the hunt for shades to build a collection to dupe Too Faced's Peach Palette when I picked this gem up. This is a pleasant find. Here are my final thoughts after trying out the palette:

*Packaging - When you pay drugstore prices, expect drugstore packaging - pure and simple.
*Palette range - This palette offers an even number of neutrals and earth shades; total of eight (8) pans.
*Texture - Smooth, buttery; certain shades can be buttery.
*Fragrance/Smell - No strong fragrance that I can detect.
*Fallout/Kickback - Some, but tap the brush off before applying.
*Application tools - Fingertips and brushes work well with the formula.
*Blending - Blends easily, but always use clean brushes (again) when going from pan to pan.
*Technique - Patting, sweeping, and swirling distributes color well. Be sure to tap off any potential excess. For a foiling effect, spray the brush with setting/fixing spray.
*Color Payoff - The pigments are so rich and opaque, it's unbelievable that this is a drugstore palette. The colors are beautiful - especially that rust-aqua duo chrome shade.
*Durability - Again, I have oily lids, and I'm currently in a humid environment. It faded after a few hours. Then again, most palettes I own - even the great, high-end ones - fade.
*Would I recommend this product? Definitely! Wet n Wild has been killing it with their products, lately, and this palette is a steal for the price.

on 2/1/2017 5:30:00 PM

So good. Buttery, blendable, pigmented, long lasting. Shimmery, metallic, beautiful colors. I avoided buying this palette forever because I'm not adventurous with my eyeshadow, I only ever wear neutrals-and therefore have no use for the right side of this palette so I felt like it was a waste. However, I was out shopping and saw this on sale for $2.50 and had to try out of curiousity's sake alone! Actually I got this and the Petal Pusher palette both for $5. So much hype about this product...and for good reason. I mainly love the left side eyelid shade-a beautiful pinky rose gold that brings out the green in my eyes without making me look like I have pink eye-which can be difficult to find. I could never wear, but have swatched, the bottom right definer shade and it reminds me of a mermaid tail-so pigmented and beautiful. There's bound to be at least a couple shades in this palette you will love, the quality is great, and the price alone makes it worth trying if you haven't yet. The packaging obviously sucks...ugly, difficult to open, and if you were to drop it I'm sure there would be damage to either the package or the shadows...that's the trade-off for getting 8 beautiful shadows for dirt cheap....PS be more careful with your makeup and stop dropping it on the floor ;)

on 2/1/2017 2:19:00 PM

the pigmentation is amazing! I freaking love this palette but you can not do your whole eye makeup with this palette you need some matte base shade and crease shade but each shade in this palette is glittery and shimmery. so dont expect this will be your travel palette. That champagne brow bone color is an amazing highlight shade and pinky shade looks amazing on the lid. Each shade in this palette amazing, buttery , pigmentation like pigments and this is a must have

on 1/28/2017 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Very pretty shades! They all show up on my medium tan skin. Great for everyday looks & no need for a primer.

-1 lippie for fallout