Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyethylene, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica, [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Black 2/CI 77266, Bronze Powder/CI 77400, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891]

on 7/21/2017 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought it out of curiosity. I was pretty bummed because it doesn't have any matte transition shade that I'd normally use. However I can still use the brown crease shade for that purpose, and I must say that I'm impressed! The two browbone shades are also beautiful to be used as face highlight. The deep cranberry-ish definer shade is also great to be used as an eyeliner. The other definer shade is the most gorgeous duo-chrome that you could expect in a drugstore eye shadow palette. You can create a lot of eye-look with this, the sky is the limit!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this on sale with a chipped lower left definer shade at my local grocer in fear that they might not be carrying the color icon 8 pans anymore. They still are. Those lower left definer shades are prone to damage across the line so I just cleaned up the loose powder and went on.

At $5 Canadian it is pretty impossible to find a better shadow formula for less. I'll be straight up here, I don't like all the shades, but even dividing the price by how many I do like (5/8 isn't bad), it's still a steal. If I don't ever find myself using those remaining 3 shades I will depot them and keep the 5 I like.

Normally I prefer light colors on the lid and a matte brown or mauve on the crease/hood with a matte brow highlight. I don't like dark colors on my eyes or closing them in (small lids, semi-hooded) and I normally do a wide eyed or minimally defined look - not into smoky or sultry eyes.

Like many others I was only intending to use the left side, but I did find a use for the right side based on some helpful advice.

In short, I like using the gold on the inner half and either the rosy or medium green in the outer half. I love using the definers foiled as eyeliner on the top lid (too smudgy/fallout on the bottom lid).

I used this palette exclusively for a week but who knows - I may yet find uses for the other shades.

I use ELF primer and this lasts all day. There is some fallout, especially with the dark green crease and the dark brown definer - these are the harder shades with micro glitter (WnW always seems to throw one of these in). The other colors are very soft, smooth, blendable - brush and finger friendly.

on 6/25/2017 7:50:00 PM

This has become my go to 'ride or die' eyeshadow palette- the only negative is that there are no matte shades in this palette, but i love it anyways. If they ever discontinue this... i will actually cry. Incredible price, value, pigmentation, buttery soft, smooth, blendable, buildable, unique and lasts all day! Ive never met an eyeshadow palette that has every pan wore down equally because i use every single shade regularly. <3
There are two other palettes in this range that are good as well... but not as good as this guy right here!

Amazing pallette - totally lives up to the hype. Here are the list of pros and cons:

Pros:
- Price is amazing. For CAD$4.99 plus tax you get 8 beautiful colors that last a long time.
- The colors are richly pigmented and the texture is smooth and buttery. With my Hard Candy Eye Primer they stay on my oily eyelids all day and would not budge.
- The color selections are amazing for every day wear, very practical and universally flattering earth tones and warm colors make this everyday friendly to create the subtle yet sophisticated look.
- This is related to the texture but what I love about these eye shadows is that you can totally use your fingers to aplly as they blend so easily...which isn't something you can say about some of the other eye shadows out there.

Con:
- Packaging is a bit on the flimsy side and it feels cheap. But for 5 bucks who am I to complain.

Conclusion - I definitely would repurchase if I every run out of this beautiful and versatile pallette!

on 5/9/2017 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this and love it. I use it as much as a cooler brown palette called 'The Naked Truth,' which bizarrely doesn't get high reviews on MUA. Both CZ and The Naked Truth have more pigmented color selections than Au Natural Bar Awakenings which is my favorite nude palette. My favorite shadows in CZ are the shade that in the pan looks like WnW nutty (a silvery taupe) (bizarrely on my skin it can look golden in some light) or the dark charcoal olive tone that has gorgeous shimmer. Although these shadows have some dusting, there is little fallout and a lot of color payoff. It's odd, but since I am a neutral shadow person, and I am NC 30-35, I just assumed that I would only use the left side of the palette. That's not the case here. I also just got Inglot Duraline and cannot wait to transform some of these eyeshadow colors, especially the duochrome shade, into eyeliner.

Since I have oily lids, I use WnW eye shadow primer, photofocus eye primer, it's a matter of Prime. However any eye primer with isododecane and cyclopentasiloxane and talc holds my eyeshadow in place (other options are UDPP and TheBalm).

Outside of drug store universe, I love Ben nye eye shadows. BN are highly pigmented with a hit less fall out and dusting, but they need to be ordered on line (camera Ready Cosmetics or Alcone) or at a specialty store. I typically order Ben Nye in matte shades as it's easier IMO to find decent shimmer shades in the drugstore.

Note: be careful not to chip a nail trying to rip off the safety stickers on a WnW compact. Or drop it. I have already repurchased a backup of CZ.

on 4/30/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a good quality palette at an excellent price! The colors are pigmented, there's no fallout and they last for hours.

on 4/30/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wet 'n' Wild has really good eye shadows that are super pigmented. This palette happens to be my favorite because I like using more earthy tones for an everyday look. They go well on any skin tone, they stay all day, and don't crease all that much. The only thing that kept me from giving them a 5 is because all of their shadows have shimmer. I'd like to see them incorporate some matte colors as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Makes sense why it is called "comfort zone" because I reach for this every day and have repurchased twice. The shadows are better than higher end. I go into stores and swatch the shadows and am shocked because they do not compare to these. Wet n Wild shadows are buttery and smooth, not powdery or chalky. Now all the shadows in this palette are shimmery but not glittery. I use the bronze as a lid shade and the darker brown one as a crease or liner. I also love the pale green shade, I have heard it is a dupe for Mac "Juxt" and is so unique and pretty on my brown eyes. These shades would look good on any skin tone or eye color. And it is affordable and cruelty free.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I quite enjoyed this palette as an eyeshadow beginner/noob.

This is a fairly cohesive and well-thought out palette that is high quality, has good colour payoff and lasts all day. My favourite shades are the golden bronze crease shade and the duochrome (which is said to be a dupe of MAC's Club eyeshadow/Urban Decay's Lounge). Those colours are STUNNING and they have excellent colour payoff (even without primer!) and last all day for me. For reference, I am Asian with monolids and a NC15-20 olive skintone.

The dark brown/plum definer shade is my third favourite shade and I wear it occasionally for smokey eyes or in lieu of eyeliner. The other colours are really great too - highly pigmented, long lasting etc - but they don't really go too well with my warm skintone. I find the ivory browbone colour a bit sparkly though.

The shadows do have some fall out if you apply a lot of eyeshadow. I find dabbing my brush in two swipes ensures I don't get any fall out. The packaging is very sturdy. Since there are so many different shades here, I feel like this would be perfect for eyeshadow beginners like myself.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette, all colours are rather pigmented and I especially love the green which is mostly what drawn me into buying it. The only downside is there isn't a matte transition/crease colour so you have to use another palette as well and I don't travel with this which I would if there was a matte brown shade.