Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyethylene, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica, [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Black 2/CI 77266, Bronze Powder/CI 77400, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891]

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is a decent beginner palette with highly pigmented shades and endless options for eye looks.

I found myself loving the golden bronze crease shade on the left hand side of the palette and also the red-brown definer shade with the blue shift on the right side. Those colours are STUNNING on me and they have excellent colour payoff (even without primer!) and last all day for me. I've hit pan on both of these shadows within 4 months of using the palette. For reference, I am Asian with monolids and a NC15-20 olive skintone.

My favourite way to apply these shades and give definition to my eyes is to use a flexible small brush to pack the shade on the lid then use a dense blending brush (like the MAC 217 brush) upwards and on the sides so you can see the diffusion of colour on the eyelid. Blend until you see the colour when your eyes open - it should be about 5mm or a bit more higher than your eye when it's open. Easy one shadow look that looks like you put in a lot of effort but it defines the eyes really nicely.

Although the other colours are gorgeous, they do not really work for me and clash horribly with my skintone. The rose pink eyelid shade is a garish light orange on me and I found it far too shimmery for my liking. I loved the beautiful yellow/green olive colour and the cool grey/yellow browbone colour when I swatched them but can't ever wear them out. I never reach for the ivory browbone colour because I find it's too shimmery and the glitter particles are quite obvious when used as a highlighter. The dark brown/plum definer shade is quite beautiful though and I wear it occasionally for smokey eyes or in lieu of eyeliner. I never reach for the black crease shade on the right side though as it's quite stark and powdery.

I would've preferred a matte shade to balance out all the shimmery eyeshadows but think the shades are, for the most part, quite good. The shadows are a bit powdery and have quite a bit of fall out if you don't tap the excess off your brush enough. The packaging is what I expect for a drugstore brand but it's very sturdy. I only really love 2 shadows out of the palette and don't like how glittery and how much fall out there is so I can only give this a 3/5. However, I can appreciate how cohesive and well-thought out the palette is and the excellent quality, colour payoff and longevity of these shadows.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette, all colours are rather pigmented and I especially love the green which is mostly what drawn me into buying it. The only downside is there isn't a matte transition/crease colour so you have to use another palette as well and I don't travel with this which I would if there was a matte brown shade.

on 4/16/2017 9:01:00 PM

I was on the hunt for shades to build a collection to dupe Too Faced's Peach Palette when I picked this gem up. This is a pleasant find. Here are my final thoughts after trying out the palette:

*Packaging - When you pay drugstore prices, expect drugstore packaging - pure and simple.
*Palette range - This palette offers an even number of neutrals and earth shades; total of eight (8) pans.
*Texture - Smooth, buttery; certain shades can be buttery.
*Fragrance/Smell - No strong fragrance that I can detect.
*Fallout/Kickback - Some, but tap the brush off before applying.
*Application tools - Fingertips and brushes work well with the formula.
*Blending - Blends easily, but always use clean brushes (again) when going from pan to pan.
*Technique - Patting, sweeping, and swirling distributes color well. Be sure to tap off any potential excess. For a foiling effect, spray the brush with setting/fixing spray.
*Color Payoff - The pigments are so rich and opaque, it's unbelievable that this is a drugstore palette. The colors are beautiful - especially that rust-aqua duo chrome shade.
*Durability - Again, I have oily lids, and I'm currently in a humid environment. It faded after a few hours. Then again, most palettes I own - even the great, high-end ones - fade.
*Would I recommend this product? Definitely! Wet n Wild has been killing it with their products, lately, and this palette is a steal for the price.

on 2/1/2017 5:30:00 PM

So good. Buttery, blendable, pigmented, long lasting. Shimmery, metallic, beautiful colors. I avoided buying this palette forever because I'm not adventurous with my eyeshadow, I only ever wear neutrals-and therefore have no use for the right side of this palette so I felt like it was a waste. However, I was out shopping and saw this on sale for $2.50 and had to try out of curiousity's sake alone! Actually I got this and the Petal Pusher palette both for $5. So much hype about this product...and for good reason. I mainly love the left side eyelid shade-a beautiful pinky rose gold that brings out the green in my eyes without making me look like I have pink eye-which can be difficult to find. I could never wear, but have swatched, the bottom right definer shade and it reminds me of a mermaid tail-so pigmented and beautiful. There's bound to be at least a couple shades in this palette you will love, the quality is great, and the price alone makes it worth trying if you haven't yet. The packaging obviously sucks...ugly, difficult to open, and if you were to drop it I'm sure there would be damage to either the package or the shadows...that's the trade-off for getting 8 beautiful shadows for dirt cheap....PS be more careful with your makeup and stop dropping it on the floor ;)

on 2/1/2017 2:19:00 PM

the pigmentation is amazing! I freaking love this palette but you can not do your whole eye makeup with this palette you need some matte base shade and crease shade but each shade in this palette is glittery and shimmery. so dont expect this will be your travel palette. That champagne brow bone color is an amazing highlight shade and pinky shade looks amazing on the lid. Each shade in this palette amazing, buttery , pigmentation like pigments and this is a must have

on 1/28/2017 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Very pretty shades! They all show up on my medium tan skin. Great for everyday looks & no need for a primer.

-1 lippie for fallout

on 1/11/2017 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love the WnW palettes/trios. The color payoff for the money is amazing - but they are a little powdery. I have not played around much with this palette, but I will admit, I bought it after seeing all the rave reviews for it online. So far, I have wore the left side 3 colors (pink, burnt orange, brick) and they are beautiful. The dark colors go on very dark, so I tend to apply those with my fingertip to avoid transfer all over my hooded lids. Cannot wait to play around with the cool tones on the right side. I would say to grab this palette up if you can - I think with all the talk on the web about this palette, it will be a classic icon shadow palette.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a palette I feel like Ive been lusting after for ever! However being in Europe made it more difficult to get my hands on, I didn't feel like spending more on shipping than the product itself. Recently though I came across it on amazon and even though I have more eye shadow than I can ever hope to use, I decided to buy it as it had been on my wishlist for so long.
I am so glad I purchased it, it has surpassed my expectations! The colours are fantastic, so many different looks from just this palette. I have actually been using it nearly everyday since I received it and the pigmentation is wonderful. I do find I get a little creasing as the day wears on, but I have very oily eyelids so I can't blame the formulation entirely. Would 100% recommend!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'm joining the chorus singing this palette's praises. I have used low-end and high-end eye shadows, and (truth to tell) I probably have way more shadows than I will ever be able to use in a lifetime! So why did I just buy this one?

The shades are lovely and wearable, either in combinations or alone. The price point is wonderful. And in the US, at least, it's easy to find in your local FIVE BELOW store.

I was actually just browsing after getting lunch out at a local shopping center, and went in looking for a different palette from LA Colors - didn't find it -- but decided to give this a try. I have heard lots about how good the quality of Wet'n'Wild shadows is but mostly have passed them by. I'm really so glad I picked this up.

As other reviewers have said, these shades are wearable. The texture is great. I'm not someone who needs my makeup to last 14 hours or whatever. But, the eye looks I've done with this palette still look good in the evening, too.

on 10/31/2016 9:26:00 PM

If someone told me they paid €40 for this I'd say it was well worth it, ...... However it only costs about €6.50! The colours are really intense, no fallout. Very good range of shades, usually you only use 2 or 3 per palette but I actually use and appreciate all these. No 2 the same it would be the perfect desert island palette (if anyone could see your makeup on a desert island 😅) or ideal for someone who only needs/wants 1 pallette of eyeshadows. I'm sorry I hesitated in buying this, thinking it couldn't be as good as the hype... It's way better!